Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its a wide-winged political eagle. What is really worthy of note too is the direct-embroidered eagle on the Gaulieter's cap, and the rare wartime cut of his tunic...

Comment

I think its a wide-winged political eagle. What is really worthy of note too is the direct-embroidered eagle on the Gaulieter's cap, and the rare wartime cut of his tunic...

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Gylsen View Post
        Here is one from my collection. Note the unusual uniform (SS sleave eagle on PL uniform) and peak cap (dark cap band for a PL cap) being worn by the person on the right.
        What's "odd" too, the cap piping of the "Gauleiter" seems not to be wine red, I would rather say yellow Reichs level piping.
        Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
        - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Gylsen View Post
          Here is one from my collection. Note the unusual uniform (SS sleave eagle on PL uniform) and peak cap (dark cap band for a PL cap) being worn by the person on the right.
          What's "odd" too, the cap piping of the "Gauleiter" seems not to be wine red, I would rather say yellow Reichs level piping.
          Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
          - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

The best thing about the above photo is that Gauleiter Erich Koch is wearing the extremely rare 3rd pattern 1939 prototype "reverse" gauleiter collar tabs worn only by him and gauleiter Grohe and created for their 1939 state visit to Italy with Reichsleiter Ley.

Mark Costa

Comment

The best thing about the above photo is that Gauleiter Erich Koch is wearing the extremely rare 3rd pattern 1939 prototype "reverse" gauleiter collar tabs worn only by him and gauleiter Grohe and created for their 1939 state visit to Italy with Reichsleiter Ley.

Mark Costa

Comment

Todd-
                There Are So Many Interesting Aspects To The Uniforms In This Picture. Do You Have Any Information On When And Under What Circumstances It Was Taken?

Comment

Todd-
                  There Are So Many Interesting Aspects To The Uniforms In This Picture. Do You Have Any Information On When And Under What Circumstances It Was Taken?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Costa View Post

Mark Costa
                    HERE IS A CLOSE UP EXAMPLE OF THAT COLLAR TAB
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Costa View Post

Mark Costa
                      HERE IS A CLOSE UP EXAMPLE OF THAT COLLAR TAB
                      Attached Files

Comment

That is a terrific (and rare) pic--I think that is the first I have seen of an embroidered PL visor cap eagle. Pic must have been taken in the Occupied Eastern Territories--interesting how Koch didn't switch to the standard Reichsleiter insignia.
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

That is a terrific (and rare) pic--I think that is the first I have seen of an embroidered PL visor cap eagle. Pic must have been taken in the Occupied Eastern Territories--interesting how Koch didn't switch to the standard Reichsleiter insignia.
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Stonemint:

Koch was not a Reichsleiter and would not have switched to standard Reichsleiter collar tabs. This photo was taken in East Prussia in August of 1944. I have a copy of this and others taken at the same time from the NARA.

Mark Costa

Comment

Stonemint:

Koch was not a Reichsleiter and would not have switched to standard Reichsleiter collar tabs. This photo was taken in East Prussia in August of 1944. I have a copy of this and others taken at the same time from the NARA.

Mark Costa

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                                I think this was Speer's right-hand man (Burckel?)
                                Chris that is Reich HauptDienstleiter Saur
                                Attached Files
                                https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X