• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KLMKsunbunny View Post
    Yet you keep watching..
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Stockholm syndrome? J

Comment

Yet you keep watching..

I think there are many WAF members who won't be happy until a war film is made that is entirely accurate in its depiction. The sets painstakingly recreated from close examination of period photos and eye witness accounts. The uniforms made from period cloth sewn with the correct number of stitches with original thread. Insignia and awards made only with the original stamps and dies and out of the correct materials for a more realistic finish. Perhaps only those actors who endure 60 days of filming during the winter scenes on the Russian front will earn the right to wear the "Frozen Meat" medal. The dialogue will be made up only of lines that veteran's actually uttered. The film will run in real time, 6 years long, although it will be edited shorter for the American market, but there will be a 12 year long director's cut for German audiences.
      Its not the historical inaccuracies, i have only seen it twice

I think its a poorly directed film. The acting isn't very good, the dialogue isn't very good, the aerial combat scenes are not very good, simply put none of it is any good in my humble opinion.

I may add, i will never be watching it again, i wouldn't have watched it the 2nd time if it hadn't been for free online

Comment

Nothing to do with inaccuracies,just a crap,boring movie. Saving Private Ryan,Downfall,Fury,Stalingrad etc.Im sure they all had plenty of mistakes and untruths in them,but they were all damn enjoyable,and a lot better entertainment,than that overhyped rubbish.

Comment

Christ if you think this is bad look on 'movies4men+1' now.

The Red Rose of Normandy - what a pile of sh!te!

On afterwards though is Battle of the Bulge with the fantastic 'Panzerlied' sequence!

I shall be going to see 'darkest Hour' when released, it looks quite good - we shall see!

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer-G-man View Post
            Nothing to do with inaccuracies,just a crap,boring movie. Saving Private Ryan,Downfall,Fury,Stalingrad etc.Im sure they all had plenty of mistakes and untruths in them,but they were all damn enjoyable,and a lot better entertainment,than that overhyped rubbish.
            Well said, I agree completely

It was just a dull, boring, unengaging film. I am not concerned at all with uniforms and all that nonsense.

The whole film was badly directed and produced, Christ knows who had been advising Nolan, and he had obviously never set foot in Dunkirk before he made the movie

The characters were dull, and were devoid of any angst.
            The beaches were chaotic in reality, men desperate to be taken off them, some of them had walked to Dunkirk for days on end with no food or water.
            It saddens me.
            For such a pivotal moment in British and World history this film just does not do it justice, in fact I believe it belittles the momentous task that was performed.
            There will not be another film about Dunkirk in my lifetime
            This should not have been made

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
              Christ if you think this is bad look on 'movies4men+1' now.

The Red Rose of Normandy - what a pile of sh!te!

On afterwards though is Battle of the Bulge with the fantastic 'Panzerlied' sequence!

I shall be going to see 'darkest Hour' when released, it looks quite good - we shall see!
              I will be also, looking forward to it very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer-G-man View Post
                Right, just not that enjoyable.
                Last edited by Kelly w; 01-08-2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Yet you keep watching..

I think there are many WAF members who won't be happy until a war film is made that is entirely accurate in its depiction. The sets painstakingly recreated from close examination of period photos and eye witness accounts. The uniforms made from period cloth sewn with the correct number of stitches with original thread. Insignia and awards made only with the original stamps and dies and out of the correct materials for a more realistic finish. Perhaps only those actors who endure 60 days of filming during the winter scenes on the Russian front will earn the right to wear the "Frozen Meat" medal. The dialogue will be made up only of lines that veteran's actually uttered. The film will run in real time, 6 years long, although it will be edited shorter for the American market, but there will be a 12 year long director's cut for German audiences.

Ok
                  This is the funniest posts on this thread.
                  Well done.
                  Its the German version that makes it top class.

Comment

6/10 from me.

another movie which didn't really need to be made.

Comment

Right a C+ and that's the best grade it will ever be.

Comment

Did they manage to stick a mushy romance or African Americans as the real heroes into this one ?

Comment

Originally posted by eldenwaff View Post
                          Did they manage to stick a mushy romance or African Americans as the real heroes into this one ?
                          I would remove the word African from this sentence to be a more realistic statement regarding the ww2 movie industry

Comment

Eight Academy award nominations including Best Picture and Best Director.....say no more

Comment

Originally posted by darrenbate View Post
                              I would remove the word African from this sentence to be a more realistic statement regarding the ww2 movie industry
                              Good point, U 571 springs to mind. No mention of the Royal Navy and Enigma machine's in that one....

Comment

Originally posted by Woolgar View Post
                                Eight Academy award nominations including Best Picture and Best Director.....say no more
                                says it all indeed, bunch of luvvies patting each other on the back

The film industry is hardly going to hype up a film so much and then slate it are they

dreadful film

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 47 users online. 0 members and 47 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X