Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Simon,

Yes, 'Twelve Years' has English text.

Dave, I am really suprised you have had trouble with Landmark Books.
    I get nearly all mine from him and have never had a problem......I would not recomend him otherwise.....
    He also sends out email updates of future publications and new arrivalls, very handy for limited avaliability books.

Regards,
    Steve.

Comment

Looks like he has gotten better then Steve, either that or I was incredibly unlucky first time around. I also notice that his prices are more in line with US ones now too. I may give him another try someday.

To the UK folks out there don't forget that books are VAT exempt so that even accounting for postage you can get some real good deals from the US if you are buying a number of books at once. Just make sure the package is marked BOOKS. Now is a good time to take advantage of Benders 20% WAF discount.

Cheers,
      David.
      At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Hi David,

Placed my order over the weekend and got a confirmation that all three will be posted out today. I would also agree on the Bender normal deal in any case but at the moment. seeing how strong the £ is, makes it even better.
        Regards
        Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Courage & Service CD - on this this one advertised on the British forum recently, its a cd of WWII awards to Canadians. I came Saturday and I have had a quick look at it and it seems very good and smooth.

It looks good with loads of research information for little money I paid CDN$35 and it took only a few days to get here.

From Service Publications ISBN 1-894581-22-9 catalogue number SPD-030
          Regards
          Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

For Association members; I posted a poll in the association forum on the subject of a book review forum.

Your votes and comments there would be very much appreciated.

Al

Comment

Wittmanns books

I am thinking about purchasing the first two volumes of the Exploring series by Tom Wittmann. Now he sells them direct for £88 delivered. From Landmark they are £100 + delivery.

Anyone my side of the pond bought books directly from Wittmann?

How long did they take to arrive?

Any problems?

Cheers,
              David.

PS. Is it possible to have them signed if buying direct?
              At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X