X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darrel are you a Tarantino fan? Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
      What Sci-fi movie are you talking about? I think you watched the wrong movie

Anyway .... that's your problem ... you thought this was a serious attempt at a WW2 movie? Where did you get that idea from? Like I said ... again, someone that doesn't get Tarantino's movie style.
      Darrell, You are right, apparently I don't "get" Tarantino's style. Maybe "sci-fi" wasn't the right term to use but "weirdo movies" didn't seem quite right either. You asked "Where did you get that idea from?" when I thought that it was a serious war movie. Had you read my post you would have noticed that I got that impression from the previews that showed several action scenes, those led me to believe it was a serious war movie. Apparently I offended some folks by not being a Tarantino fan.
      I hope that someone doesn't put up "Elsa-SheWolf of the SS" for review next or I will have those fans on my back too!

Comment

Originally posted by DennyB View Post
        I hope that someone doesn't put up "Elsa-SheWolf of the SS" for review next or I will have those fans on my back too!
        Well, I'm definitely gonna be in line for that one

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
          Darrel are you a Tarantino fan? Jacques
          I enjoy his movie style for sure.
          The movies already mentioned along with the 2 Kill Bills and the Grindhouse duo were great.

Believeable? Hardly, but lots of action and his trademark style are something I enjoy. I learned a long time ago not to take things he makes too seriously. I sit back and enjoy them for what they are worth.

Comment

Inglorious......

......Basterds! Great film. One that you definitely have to see with a 'tongue in cheek' outlook. If you're looking for reality......see Stalingrad.
            The movies already mentioned along with the 2 Kill Bills and the Grindhouse duo were great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Simcox View Post
              ......Basterds! Great film. One that you definitely have to see with a 'tongue in cheek' outlook. If you're looking for reality......see Stalingrad.

Thats not the reason I disliked it. I like Tarantino a lot and thought this would be his masterpiece in the way of ultra violence. Heres why I hated it-

1) The violence sucked, predictable and uncreative

2) It was a long drawn out chick flick. The movie did not concentrate on the basterds ,but on the female , lets face it the basterds were hardly in it.

3) The jokes were LAME, so what Brad Pitt speaks a lame Italian, I would not consider that scene worth seein g the film. And lets face it THAT WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE JOKES...LAME

4) Disappointment of the year, If you want tarantino best to put a DVD in of dusk till dawn, in short this was a long drawn out CHICK FLICK.
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

Dion, you speak for me. Exactly how I felt about this film. (I liked his other films). This one made my butt gone lame, I had to walk out after many hours of struggling to keep awake. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
                  Thats not the reason I disliked it. I like Tarantino a lot and thought this would be his masterpiece in the way of ultra violence. Heres why I hated it-

1) The violence sucked, predictable and uncreative

2) It was a long drawn out chick flick. The movie did not concentrate on the basterds ,but on the female , lets face it the basterds were hardly in it.

3) The jokes were LAME, so what Brad Pitt speaks a lame Italian, I would not consider that scene worth seein g the film. And lets face it THAT WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE JOKES...LAME

4) Disappointment of the year, If you want tarantino best to put a DVD in of dusk till dawn, in short this was a long drawn out CHICK FLICK.
                  Dion, While I think you're a harsh, harsh man!!! There were a few more good moments in it than the Pitt Italian bit... Overall, I agree with you...

There seems to be a false premise building in the thread that suggests those who didn't like the film simply missed the point i.e. that it was a Tarantino film and we shouldn't have expected 'Saving Private Ryan' or other such 'real' war movies. Well, again I am a Tarantino fan but on the whole was disappointed! Drawn out yes, too long yes, and the humour was too little and too long between drinks...Was I entertained...'in parts'. Was it a chick flick, now there I think you're just being provocative mein herr!
                  Cheers, Steve
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------
                  "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Originally posted by Steve P View Post
                    Dion, While I think you're a harsh, harsh man!!! There were a few more good moments in it than the Pitt Italian bit... Overall, I agree with you...

There seems to be a false premise building in the thread that suggests those who didn't like the film simply missed the point i.e. that it was a Tarantino film and we shouldn't have expected 'Saving Private Ryan' or other such 'real' war movies. Well, again I am a Tarantino fan but on the whole was disappointed! Drawn out yes, too long yes, and the humour was too little and too long between drinks...Was I entertained...'in parts'. Was it a chick flick, now there I think you're just being provocative mein herr!
                    I really just hated that film.

My girlfriend is detached from WW2 but likes Tara<ntino, she was speechless for half an hour and then turned to me and simply sAID " That Sucked" She went onto agree with me that it was a long drAwn out chick flick.

This was no epic, there was no substance. I hate Kung Fu movies but Ill tell you what, KIll Bill was an epic! Characters with substance, Basterds characters had no substance whatsoever, no background stories on them, zilch. When they had a character with substance ( Til Schweiger" The German Soldier who went banannas and killed Nazis) What did the filmaker do?? HE KILLED HIM OFF!!!!! That was an interesting character, better kill him off to ensure this movie sucks LOL BLAH,,I dont even want to think of this film anymore LOL
                    Iam Uncle Sam
                    That’s who Iam
                    Been hiding out
                    In a rock and roll band

Comment

I enjoyed this movie and didnt expect to be anything but twisted flick,i am not saying i loved it but i liked it,just the the jew hunter along was worth watching it,he is a great actor and played his role excellent,Bat Pit did not delivered for me at all.

Over all i came out in a good mood

regards,

Eddie

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
                        I really just hated that film.

My girlfriend is detached from WW2 but likes Tara<ntino, she was speechless for half an hour and then turned to me and simply sAID " That Sucked" She went onto agree with me that it was a long drAwn out chick flick.

This was no epic, there was no substance. I hate Kung Fu movies but Ill tell you what, KIll Bill was an epic! Characters with substance, Basterds characters had no substance whatsoever, no background stories on them, zilch. When they had a character with substance ( Til Schweiger" The German Soldier who went banannas and killed Nazis) What did the filmaker do?? HE KILLED HIM OFF!!!!! That was an interesting character, better kill him off to ensure this movie sucks LOL BLAH,,I dont even want to think of this film anymore LOL
                        Dion, you kill me!
                        Cheers, Steve
                        "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Originally posted by Steve P View Post
                          Dion, you kill me!
                          Steve that movie really got to me lol I almost asked for my money back
                          Iam Uncle Sam
                          That’s who Iam
                          Been hiding out
                          In a rock and roll band

Comment

"glorious bulls**t",I have seen s***t films about ww-2 but that was the top!!

Comment

Originally posted by CHRISPSILOS View Post
                              "glorious bulls**t",I have seen s***t films about ww-2 but that was the top!!
                              Ha! Chris, why don't you stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think mate!
                              Cheers, Steve

Comment

hey steve
                                and forgive me other members for the caw for mr tarantino
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X