'Inglorious Basterds' (sic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Inglorious Basterds' (sic)

Guys, what did you think of this? ...I waited til it came out on DVD and watched it....Obviously a emi-spoof film and typical Tarantino with lots of bloodletting...Though I usually like Tarantino films I found this one quite drawn out overall...with a few good scenes (especially the RV in the tavern cellar) and vignettes!
    Cheers, Steve
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

I usually like Tarantino films but if I am going to watch a war movie, I want it to be at least semi-believable and this one was way weird. There were some good scenes and the uniforms seemed to look pretty good but it sure seemed like a waste of what could have been made into a good war movie.

Comment

Originally posted by DennyB View Post
      I usually like Tarantino films but if I am going to watch a war movie, I want it to be at least semi-believable and this one was way weird. There were some good scenes and the uniforms seemed to look pretty good but it sure seemed like a waste of what could have been made into a good war movie.
      Amen brother!
      Cheers, Steve
      "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

i loved it, it was great, the jew hunter deserves a oscar, he is so damn good.

and i love the way brad pitt spoke italian in the movie

Comment

crap film..could have been miles better

Comment

I found it to be entertaining, which is what a fiction movie should be. BTW, do a search and you will find several other threads about this movie.
            pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Wijtman01 View Post
              i loved it, it was great, the jew hunter deserves a oscar, he is so damn good.

and i love the way brad pitt spoke italian in the movie
              I must admit, just thinking about Brad Pitt's Italian gave me a good belly laugh just now...Thanks for the mirth! mate!
              Cheers, Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SLIM View Post
                crap film..could have been miles better
                that says it all

Comment

I usually like Tarantino films but if I am going to watch a war movie, I want it to be at least semi-believable and this one was way weird.
                  I have to agree with Denny, i cant watch comedy and war mixed together...it just does not work for me, thats why i have avoided watching this flick.

Comment

Bear Jew was my favorite character

Its funny fictional film.People above in this thread take it too seriously.You can make fun of war theme!

Comment

Great entertainment

I liked it a LOT and I think the "Jew Hunter" SS Col. was great. Extremely methodical and cunning. The SS Major in the bar was as scary as one could expect in real life I think. The German NCO who took it from the "Bear Jew" was a brave soldier.

Overall, it was a movie made to entertain. Not a historical movie. Entertain it did. I rented it and then bought it.

"Our bid-ness is killin' Natzi's and cousin...bid-ness is a boomin". A classic line.

Mark

Comment

Maybe before people say it's crap ... they should actually go see it or rent it. Or were you two like that other guy ... walked out after 10 minutes ...

Man .... Bah Humbug or what? You guys get coal in the stocking yesterday?

Comment

Actually, Santa and his reindeer flew over and I thought they were dropping chunks of coal but they splattered when they hit the ground, then steam rose from them.
                          In reality, I think Hogan's Heroes was funny and entertaining, so was Kelly's Heroes but both were much more believable and had much better plots than this one. Hitler and the high command being assassinated in a theater? This was ridiculous.
                          With this much effort, they could have turned out a semi-decent war movie. It wasn't worth tearing up the props for.

Comment

Actually, Santa and his reindeer flew over and I thought they were dropping chunks of coal but they splattered when they hit the ground, then steam rose from them.
                            In reality, I think Hogan's Heroes was funny and entertaining, so was Kelly's Heroes but both were much more believable and had much better plots than this one. Hitler and the high command being assassinated in a theater? This was ridiculous.
                            With this much effort, they could have turned out a semi-decent war movie. It wasn't worth tearing up the props for.
                            So .. you went in expecting a Saving Private Ryan Classic?

I guess that's why you guys don't get it ... it's Tarantino ...

Comment

Could have been way better....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X