'Inglorious Basterds' (sic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A classic FICTIONAL entertainment!

The bar scene and massacre inside...starting with the Gestapo Major no one saw sitting in the back corner reading a book and just listening...was as good and well shot as it would have happened in real life.

I thought the photography was excellent, the make up on "Hitler" a bit over the top, but again it was entertainment...a fictional account of events. Just an adult fairy tale. Geez

I will watch it over and over through the years. Hans Landa deserves an Oscar for the initial farmhouse scene. Now that was scary...very scary.

Mark

Comment

I thought it was a fantastic film. It was brutal and disturbing, but in some twisted way I found it to be entertaining. I used to have no respect for Brad Pitt, but after seeing him in this film I enjoyed the fact that he was able to make fun of himself over and over again. It was intended to be an alternate history...a shame that Operation Kino it never happened in reality.

Comment

I just saw it ... what a load of CR@P!!!! Happy I didn't pay to watch it at the theater ...

Comment

"Hogan's heroes more believeable"? Klink, Schultz, Burkhalter, Hohsteder? Are you kidding? What koolaid are you drinking?

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by dlagerstrom View Post
            Good Tarantino movies would be Pulp Fiction and Reservoir dogs

Now these were good Tarantino movies Pulp Fiction & Reservoir dogs , also dusk till dawn wasnt bad either, but Inglorious Basterds... wont bother with that one.

Comment

Inglorious Basterds

Hello,
              For what it is worth-I liked the film. To me it was almost like watching a foreign film (with all of the sub-titles).

It was silly but so were a lot of other war movies I like too i.e.; Kelly's Heroes, Where Eagles Dare and The Eagle has Landed. Don't get me started on the film Escape to Athena (that film I hated).

I enjoyed the SD Colonel and how he wore almost every award known to man. You gotta love the golden RK des KvK with Swords, the German SS Runes Sports badge, as well as the Anti-Partisan badge.

The movie was silly but I liked the uniforms (such as the GD Waffenrock and the SD Colonels brocade belt and buckle), and the little touches such as using some of the sound track from Kelly's Heroes. I liked the start of the film and I loved the tavern scene.

I felt the film was far superior than the original that it is named after.

I noticed some folks have mentioned the film From Dusk Till Dawn. I like that movie too, but it was not directed by Tarantino. Tarantino co-wrote the screenplay.

Plus you gotta admit the movie poster was cool (especially to helmet nut like myself).

I gotta go and watch the film again tonight on Blue-Ray.

Happy New Year!
              Jody
              Attached Files

Comment

Jody, Wow 'Escape to Athena'! I remember seeing it at the cinema, How forgettable was that one! Terrible film indeed even for the 1970's!
                Cheers, Steve
                ----------------------------------------------------------------
                "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Movies

Originally posted by Steve P View Post
                  Jody, Wow 'Escape to Athena'! I remember seeing it at the cinema, How forgettable was that one! Terrible film indeed even for the 1970's!
                  Hi Steve,
                  I am the king of bad and crazy films especially war movies. I used to manage a video store in college for 4 years and I bet I have seen close to 5,000+ movies.

Let us play a game. Many are calling Inglorious Basterds WWII Sci-Fi (I disagree with that-but oh well).

Here is a good example of WWII Sci-Fi. What Nazi Sci-Fi movie did this scene come from?

Happy New Year!
                  Jody
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Domian View Post
                    "Hogan's heroes more believeable"? Klink, Schultz, Burkhalter, Hohsteder? Are you kidding? What koolaid are you drinking?

Greg
                    So if someone isn't a worshiper of Tarantino, you are a Koolaid drinker? Greg, send me your phone number, I will be down in Austin after Jan. 10th, we can go down on 6th street and drink some "Koolaid" That place is like being IN a Tarantino movie!

Comment

poo poo and more poo ....

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Jody View Post
                        Hi Steve,
                        I am the king of bad and crazy films especially war movies. I used to manage a video store in college for 4 years and I bet I have seen close to 5,000+ movies.

Let us play a game. Many are calling Inglorious Basterds WWII Sci-Fi (I disagree with that-but oh well).

Here is a good example of WWII Sci-Fi. What Nazi Sci-Fi movie did this scene come from?

Happy New Year!
                        Jody
                        Mate, I've wracked my brain, and come up with nada...You've got me, what is it bro??
                        Cheers, Steve
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------
                        "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Jody,
                          Could it be the 60's movie "The Frozen Dead"?

Steve

Comment

Movie

Originally posted by Steven Baumgartner View Post
                            Jody,
                            Could it be the 60's movie "The Frozen Dead"?

Steve
                            Hi Steven,
                            You are correct and you win an original one of these and soon as I find one.

Happy New Year!
                            Jody
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jody View Post
                              Hi Steven,
                              You are correct and you win an original one of these and soon as I find one.

Happy New Year!
                              Jody
                              HAHAHAHA!

-Bryant

Comment

Denny,
                                well Tarentino does frequent Austin a bit and he shot a lot of Grindhouse here too. 6th street? now that is a crazy place. Only been down there once and that was enough.

Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X