No announcement yet.

Valkyrie-Excellent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just glad the story has finally been told. It is supposed to be viewed as more than just shallow empty children's entertainment.

There was alot of PC resistance to it in Hollywood and elsewhere. They want to define what WWII was all about. Cruise gets a from me for pushing this long delayed movie.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Von Stauffenberg deserved better...
      Does he? IMO he would fit the hero title a little better if he or if one of the other conspirators had manually detonated the device instead of leaving it to chance to save their skins.
      Don't believe everything you read on the internet, that's how WWI got started.

Comment

Originally posted by mdj View Post
        typical USA production......Englisch speaking actors in german uniforms

I prefer Der Untergang....

martin
        Well yeah .. I would expect the Untergang to be german speaking ... it was made by Germans

If the movie of topic was made with German dialogue .... peeps would complain about the accent or god knows what else.

Comment

Simply awful

Casting Tom Cruise as GvS is puerile, the whole film lacked authenticity why oh why do we have to have american actors to sell a film.He looked ridiculous, go and watch Sophie Scholl if you want to see drama, and in german , which by the way was their native tongue.

Comment

Cruise.......a wanker or what?
            Valkyrie..............bucket of splizz
            God save us from Hollywood Horse sh1t.

I wasted a couple of hours of my life watching that bollocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
              Casting Tom Cruise as GvS is puerile, the whole film lacked authenticity why oh why do we have to have american actors to sell a film.He looked ridiculous, go and watch Sophie Scholl if you want to see drama, and in german , which by the way was their native tongue.
              Well ... some hate Tom Cruise and went into the movie already hating it ... this is reflected in the reviews as far as I'm concerned.

BTW .. did you walk out after 10 mins? Seems like many movie watchers rate entire movies with less than 10 minutes viewing time

Comment

Originally posted by Rikster View Post
                Cruise.......a wanker or what?
                Valkyrie..............bucket of splizz
                God save us from Hollywood Horse sh1t.

I wasted a couple of hours of my life watching that bollocks!
                okie dokie then .. what are the classics you've seen? I'd like to hear

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                  okie dokie then .. what are the classics you've seen? I'd like to hear
                  I don't like the film, simple as that. I am entitled to an opinion, without having to list films I do enjoy, to satisfy your displeasure at me not enjoying a film!

Relax, I'm not trying to bring down Western civilisation I just didn't rate Cruise or the film, in my lowly opinion it could, and more importantly should have been done better.

Cheers, Rik

Comment

Originally posted by Rikster View Post
                    I don't like the film, simple as that. I am entitled to an opinion, without having to list films I do enjoy, to satisfy your displeasure at me not enjoying a film!

Relax, I'm not trying to bring down Western civilisation I just didn't rate Cruise or the film, in my lowly opinion it could, and more importantly should have been done better.

Cheers, Rik
                    Hey, no problem. You are entitled to that.

I'm just tired of people giving opinions of a movie (in some cases - See The Wrestler) they saw 10 mins OR later found out they didn't even watch

Comment

Michael Root I agreed with your opinion, after I heard the story, and before I saw the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by mdj View Post
                        typical USA production......Englisch speaking actors in german uniforms

I prefer Der Untergang....

martin
                        A lot of people seem to have overlooked the fact that there were many well known german actors in this film; Christian Berkel (Quirnheim), Thomas Kretschmann (Remer), Werner Daehn (Freyend), Matthias Schweighofer (Herber), Wotan Wilke Möhring (Kolbe), Florian Panzner, and many others of the cast, and crew. Several of the Co-producers were german nationals as well.

Berkel and Kretschmann both played prominent roles in the film, 'Der Untergang'. Some of you may also recognize Kretchmann from the film Stalingrad and even Polanski's 'The Painist' where he played the Wehrmacht officer Hosenfeld.

I agree it is always worth being critical of Hollywood funded portrayals of this controversial time in history, and I have no comment on Mr Thom Cruz, but many of the rebuttals to this films merits are simply unfounded. I find it humorous that to many non germans it simply wasn't 'german' enough, when in fact, it was superbly acted and produced by many germans.

Comment

Speak louder

Most of the comments in this thread, esp. from Germany, said there were not enough German actors. The production & cinematography were fine. When most of the whispered lines are overlaid with a too loud soundtrack, I guess it doesn't matter if the voice you can barely hear has an English accent. Luckily I knew the story beforehand, otherwise I would have had an extremely difficult time understanding what the conspiracy was all about. At least I remember some of my HS German language courses - I could have understood the plot much better if it was in German with English subtitles.

Comment

Most comments about the uniforms have been positive. I'm not a uniform expert, but I was wondering why several non-generals (including Stauffenberg) were wearing the red striped, general's trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
                              Most comments about the uniforms have been positive. I'm not a uniform expert, but I was wondering why several non-generals (including Stauffenberg) were wearing the red striped, general's trousers.
                              Because they were part of the General Staff.

William Kramer
                              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

but I was wondering why several non-generals (including Stauffenberg) were wearing the red striped, general's trousers.
                                If you were assigned to a General staff you were allowed to wear the stripe.
                                Don't believe everything you read on the internet, that's how WWI got started.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X