SS Quedlinburg 1936 tinnie scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Gaspare!

I have a translated copy of the booklet, but it does not mention the tinnie. It only tells Himmler's speech at the event which concerns his own fascination and supposed respect for King Heinrich.
    The copy of the booklet that I have does not have a very high quality photo of the tinnie on the cover, but later I may try to scan it and see what will show up.

Chris

Comment

OK, here are some scans of the booklet. They turned out some better than I thought they would. Here, you can see the pebbling fairly well in the second photo. Hope this helps!

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

more
        Attached Files

Comment

full resolution
          Attached Files

Comment

Is the image in the book to scale size of your pin??

Comment

It is at least, very close.

Chris

Comment

Hi,

i didn't have the time to visit the WAF last week, sorry for that.

1) from the start, to me the tinnie was given to only a very few VIP guys how attempted the ceremony. It was not "sold" like a WHW tinnie.
                Therefore probabilities make that most of the tinnies on the market should be bogus. If originals are impossible to find like the SS Tuxedo badge (very low number of produced/awarded "tinnies"), therefore we can say that 99.99 % of the time "tinnies" in collection / proposed for sale are fakes.

2) most pictures posted in the topic are unfortunately of low quality..., same as the pics of the dozen of tinnies owned by WAF members. We should need better pictures of said original and the fakes.
                Also it should be great that other WAF members sent their badges to Jo... No matter that you don't like him, his rants, his hate for the world etc.
                The goal is to identify the possible originals of the fakes...
                Jo at least pointed the fact that many (most ?) of the collectors currently have a fake...
                And i'm not talking of the "silver plaque".

3) more than 5 (!) variants (probably 6) of the "Rede des Reichsführers-SS zum Dom Quedlinburg" booklet exist.
                The first booklet print don't have the "tinnie" on any page.
                The second, third and fourth prints (made by different printer) have the "tinnie" on the title page (page 5) in B & W.
                The fifth print is having the "tinnie" in colour on the white-silver front page cover.

Many differences exist in the various prints of the booklets... Pics, fonts, etc etc.

Below is a scan of the "tinnie" from the second print (B & W).

See You

Vince
                Attached Files
                Last edited by FrenchVolunteer; 01-29-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Hi,

colour pictures posted by Chris are from the fifth (or sixth) print.
                  I do not have (yet) this variation unfortunately, i can't provide better scans but a dozen of WAF members have variations of the booklet.

See You

Vince

Comment

Qued

French Volunteer:- ''Also it should be great that other WAF members sent their badges to Jo... No matter that you don't like him, his rants, his hate for the world etc.
                    The goal is to identify the possible originals of the fakes...
                    Jo at least pointed the fact that many (most ?) of the collectors currently have a fake...''

Cant imagine that anyone will do so, rather than that they will be quietly sold to the next one in the centipede...

Comment

I would not categorically state that the badge design is a fantasy, unless I conducted my own study under the scope. Unfortunately, I do not own one of these Quedlinburg 36-01's, since I haven't found one that I really liked, yet.

In the meantime, if I can make a suggestion to the guys that do:

Take and post some good, clear close-u p pictures of certain areas of the badges you have, and either post them here, or send me a PM (and I'll reply with my email address, or we can discuss privately, if you prefer).

The best areas to photograph for this:

-The lettering
                      -The steeples
                      -Heinrich's hair
                      -The leaves

Best,

Andre

Comment

As soon as I get a new and better macro camera, I will certainly post some even better photos.

Chris

Comment

No need to do mine, its exactly like the one Joe cut up.
                          Ho hum.
                          Pete

Comment

I have watched all ra ra rivet's videos and had a good laugh, but beyond that I have learned quite a bit. True he is not going to be everybody's cup of tea but I wouldn't dismiss him.

I would like to see some sheer lines on the edges of the original ones personally.

Comment

OK Coogan, you talked me into it.

Here, you can see that on this original, the copper layer covers almost the entire side of the badge, (it is the same on all four sides).
                              The key element here though, is how the shear lines cut all the way down the side, (and they are exposing a bit of aluminum within these cuts).

I have reposted one of the fake badge's edge photos, (bottom photo), showing the casted appearance of it's outer edge.

Hope this helps!

Chris
                              Attached Files

Comment

Chris, thank you for posting images of your badge! I think this will help many in seeing what you are saying.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X