No announcement yet.

SS Quedlinburg 1936 tinnie scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My God Chris!! You've done it,, you've proved that freakin thing is a fantasy.. Pennys not copper?!? come on now , who do they think we are?! Good Work Chris.. I still wonder though,,they did make this Q pin. But how many? I don't believe the fantasy bit. too many photos and they're pretty clear,,its the pin..

On the American Bund thing.. , Well I can tell you before the book was published the author was set up at a table promoting the book due out any day it just wasn't ready in time for the show. Anyway.. I'm going thru the loose pages and come across this US bund Nazi ring! I'm like WOW look at this freakin thing.. So the author says "you like that" and I tell him I'd love to have a look at it.. "hey,,no problem I have it in my briefcase under the table" He takes it out and I immediately recognize it. The materials, method everything.. I ask him did it make it in the finals for the book? He tells me of course,,its one of the rarest rings in the world,,that MAYBE there are 2 or 3 and thats it!

I start questioning him about it. All rubbish information. Then he says,,'oh yeah the guy I got it from last year,,,he just 2 rows away!!' I ask him who it is. ...He tells me and I inform him 99% it is a fantasy or reproduction ring.' He gets pissed off and asks me and my buddies to get away we're ruining his book promotion and we don't know what the hell we're talking about.
    Well, I've gotten in trouble for calling out fakes at a show before and ,,hate to say it the promoters kind of take the dealers side... So I go to the dealer.. Now this guy and I were enemys[?] [not on my end] for years. He's going to sue me for this, for that, 'the gauntlet has been thrown down !!,,the whole bit..

Well it took some years but we kind of tolerated each other because I got him a lead on a rare HG brooch [to help the seller] that he lowballed the guy and couldn't get [another story] So I ask him about the ring,,and he brings me around the table to sit with him and offers me a 'cut of the money IF I vouch for them'. I don't have to sell anything. Just say they are good if anyone asks on the forum or me personally. Told him 'can't do it' . That they're so beautiful you won't have a problem selling them. I just wanted to get away from the table at that point!.
    Well , between the author telling collectors he's sure there's only 2 or 3 in the world and the dealer hitting up 7 or 8 of the whales at the show they hung themselves,,greed always kills..
    I'm sure the author wasn't in on it. He paid big money for the thing and was a true believer type and all excited about his book coming out etc etc.
    Last day of the show I tell him the truth,,,I saw a tray of 5 mint ones behind the dealers table... He just wouldn't believe me,,couldn't be possible. 'This dealer sounds like a professor'!! has written a book and just leave him alone... when I was walking away I saw the look on his face.. The 'oh **** somethings wrong'..

I'm not sure if the ring make it in the book or not really and don't care. Questions about them did come up on the GDC ring forum and I just said they're fantasy.,,,just please,,,no one buy one without doing some REAL checking and investigation..
    Sorry to ramble on so,,but Jo finding the stic pin being a fake doesn't surprise me one bit at all!
    Last edited by Gaspare; 02-08-2018, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Van Gossum,

Why do you think hes banned?

Simple think twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Find it hard to believe? I don’t. More like par for the f@@@@@@ course!

I wonder if Don will write a coa for my oak shelter quarter?
        There should not even be COA's in this hobby. half of them only know basics and do not know more then they can find on the internet. Sadly but true.

Comment

Thanks Gaspare, for sharing that story!

Chris

Comment

Hmmm... Those who think they have an "original" are long time collectors stuck with them or dealers trying to sell them at $7000.

Comment

In 80 years 35 badges accounted for that is not a bad ratio.
              I would rather be “stuck with them” in my collection then not to have them!

It is well proven that the quedlinburg badge is not fantasy (thanks to couple seen in wear during the 1936 event otherwise it would be pointless to have any discussion).
              If these 35 known in existence are not “original” then doubters need to stop talking and post the photo of the one that they claim is “original”.

Where has it been for last 80 years!?

Comment

Hi,

35 ex. of a badge made for an unknown number of VIPs, badges confirmed in the chest on less than 5 guys on the known pictures ?

And this is "normal" ?

I have less than 40 original Croix de Guerre Légionnaire of maybe 1000 awarded, and i have less than 40 original Germanische Leistungsrunen on the around 1300 awarded.

Just compare the probabilities...

"Well proven" ?
                1 x 1 pixel size on an handful of period b & w pictures and no confirmed original in collection yet. Half of the 35 ex. i have in archive are similar to the badge of Jo (electroplated). I would love to see the "said" originals sent to Jo, and Jo would love to find an original.

If the badge was made for only a few high-ranking VIPs (we don't have any proof that it was made to dozen or hundred of copies), this badge should be as rare as the Ehrenschild des Protektorats Böhmen und Mähren in gold or in silver.

See You

Vince

Comment

Normal! Is it normal for people to collaborate make a video and claim something is fantasy with no proof to back their claims! But video stays this thread stays and new collectors that are coming will believe your story because the more you repeat a lie it will eventually turn into a truth.

The badge is clearly there worn during the event.
                  The badge is on the front cover of the 1936 quedlinburg event booklet (it looks like a badge if its not then what is it? and why ra-ra did not explain more about the quedlinburg event booklet and what was on the cover in his video, but no that would just ruin his fantasy run)
                  If these badges are not original and are priced so high, why don’t we see more of them flooding the maket now or in the past but in 80 years only 35 are accounted for!

Difference between original and reproduction of this badge are well know.

Recently i have acquired cased 1939 fencing award in same material and construction sandwich design like the design of the quedlinburg badge, so design like this have existed and were made.

If we will question good known TR items like this then we should not be suprised why less and less people are reluctant to collect Third Reich militaria.

Comment

More and more people are smarter.

Comment

If you have proof for what you claim then you don’t even have to be smart!

Comment

IMHO, the badge was certainly not a fantasy piece.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X