No announcement yet.

SS Quedlinburg 1936 tinnie scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My silver POS. The one offered by Wittmann actually appears to be a second generation casting of one like this. Very sad, imo.

Chris
    Attached Files

Comment

Right on.

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
      Wow, I find it hard to believe that Wittmann or Don Boyle would ok one of these. I have the exact same silver tinnie that I bought as a fake for around $15.00 since years ago. IMO, none of these silver ones are real. They are obviously cast from post war made dies. I thought everyone knew this by now.

Chris
      Find it hard to believe? I don’t. More like par for the f@@@@@@ course!

I wonder if Don will write a coa for my oak shelter quarter?

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
        Hear hear . . .
        I couldn't agree more
        Regards David
        Hi David:

Just to clarify my position a little further:

I'm 1000% supportive of the usage of microscopes in this hobby, PROVIDED THAT the people buying them are taking the time to really learn how to correctly interpret what they're looking at; learn the terms, study hard...use it the right way. Said another way, buying a chef's knife doesn't make you a Master Chef, and so it is with microscopy.

I've worked as a professional coin grader in the past; the prerequisites for that job were excelling at several grading courses that I took (and "knowing the right people" in the coin business). That's not to say that anybody pulled strings for me, just that I had a very good grasp of grading, and people respected my evaluations/descriptions as being very accurate.

I have nothing against Jo Rivett (in fact, I like the guy), but I disagree with the message he's conveyed, namely that "a microscope will solve all of your problems with fakes". My only other criticism, is the personal belief that his research work would gain more acceptance, if he dropped the insults and profanity. Of course, only he can make that choice, but he'd probably get a lot farther if he kept things "strictly professional".

Telling people (a) "Congratulations, you screwed yourself buying this fake piece of f***ing s**t" tends to provoke an emotional/argumentative response, as opposed to (b) "Unfortunately, based on my research, ----- which exhibits this 'characteristic' are conclusively fake, based on ----, the fact that ----", etc.

Comment

omg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmFvTFx_ERw

Comment

Man, this is too funny. I too, will have a part two. The badges are far from the same and I have yet to loose a good debate like this one. I will post more info as soon as possible and will clear this up.

Chris

Comment

Closer comparison. Again, not even close!
              Attached Files

Comment

Need I say more?
                Attached Files

Comment

An even closer look at what the lettering "should" look like:
                  Attached Files

Comment

More details that cannot be duplicated. Also, note the typical reddish, orange, and green colors that appear on "real" CupAl. Of course, the sides of this badge are completely different from the other cast junk, but I will not aid the fakers by showing these differences.

Best of luck!

Chris
                    Attached Files

Comment

Simply German perfection!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Oh but wait, THERE'S MORE!

Look at how master Ra Ra's badge is cut off on the side. Doesn't look the same to me.

Ok, I'm done now and I think that I rest my case.

Good night folks!

Chris
                        Attached Files

Comment

How many original ones were estimated to exist ? Is that info speculative at best ?

Comment

I don't think that anyone has any clue, other than very few. Just my thoughts,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
                              Oh but wait, THERE'S MORE!
                              Look at how master Ra Ra's badge is cut off on the side. Doesn't look the same to me.
                              Ok, I'm done now and I think that I rest my case.
                              Good night folks!
                              Chris
                              Thank you Chris . . .
                              Btw you made a slight mistake.
                              Its not Good Night - Its Ra Ra

Comment

they were made up for a one or 2 day event for Himmlers invited guests at the tomb correct?
                                Has anyone translated this small booklet I've seen a few times..

The piece seen in it is that the actual pin? Can anyone try and make a detailed scan of that. There's no doubt the pieces Jo shows are not true cupal or authentic that we can see.

Maybe some details can be seen from it as to what is smooth and what has pebbling in the background of the lettering..
                                No matter whos is real or what,,this really is one of the rarest Tinnies out there!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X