X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Quedlinburg 1936 tinnie scam

Hi,

uh oh.

i also posted the link on the tinnie subforum, but i think SS collectors may be interested by this info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqvrftq5vds

Basically it is a cast fantasy fake based on the original plaque shown on the booklet of the 1936 speech.

See You

Vince

Hi,

i posted 50 screenshots on this topic i posted on the tinnie subforum :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=945957

Below pics of the tinnie we are talking about.

See You

Vince
    Attached Files

Comment

Vince- Thanks for bringing this to my attention, as well as anyone who watches the you tube video. The video was VERY informative. Amazing how much money can be saved with a microscope! Hope others will watch the video and spare themselves a financial "hit".
      Regards- Frank

Comment

Hi,

in a way this is "funny" because i was looking for the tinnie for years, and i was unable to buy it for a "correct" price... I must admit that i always wondered why Himmler would do a such "cheap" tinnie and for which use ?
        I own a few variations of the original booklet, from which up to 6 variations exist (different printer, content, pics, font, etc).
        Thanks to Macro Jo for busting this tinnie for good !

See You

Vince

Comment

I guess that next, someone will try to say that a microscope shows that there never really was an original booklet either. Afterall, you can see similar defects in the letters on the one in this photo.

I will agree that the one he shows is obviously fake, but these are no fantasy piece.
          His is far from an original. Just my thoughts.

Chris
          Attached Files

Comment

Also, on an original, the thin copper layer will peel away in places. Mine has some areas where this is very clear, and a copper plating will not do this. Copper plated aluminum fakes, (attempting to replicate CupAl), is well known on some of the fake cap insignia too.
            One does not need a microscope to tell them either.

Chris

Comment

Here is a section-by-section comparison showing how much is really lacking on the fake, (original on the bottom). Hope this helps!

Chris
              Attached Files

Comment

Chris.,,
                Yes you might be on to something.. He's testing a pos example.. What we need is a 'standard'. One that is authentic beyond all reproach... You seem to have one. Anyone else have any of the types ?

I think Chris even with a really good macro camera [maybe I'm wrong] if you took some shots of yours it would show if it has the same problems as what Jo shows. IF its not strong enough I had one usb microscope cam I bought for $40 that was fantastic and you'd also know for sure..

What do we really know about the piece itself? IS there any documentation around about how and why it was awarded. Any period photos of it in wear?

Vince you mention you have some variations of the booklet. What exactly is the booklet for?

Comment

I've watched the video and I have to say it's a bit worrying ?
                  I have both the badge and one of the pamphlets too
                  Perhaps I'll post a couple of shots later of mine . . .
                  Regards David

Comment

video

Excellent Eye Wash for the overconfident "sheeple".....
                    love the " Ra, Ra" or the quote " like broken up peices of Parmesan Cheese"....
                    Great vid, sure to rise up a good cyclone over Bavaria...

Comment

Hi,

from the start (years ago), i had difficulties with the "differences" showed by Chris. I tried to force me to believe in that.
                      Afterall, it seemed that all are the same, in the archive i keep, i only have two types of badges : the one Jo worked on, and the horrible "silver plaque".

The booklet was done to commemorate the death of Henrich I.
                      Himmler organized a ceremony in 1936 in the Quedlinburg church.
                      The book is period, a few printers were used by Nordland Verlag.
                      Period ad confirm that, as the Nordland Verlag archives.

But i must confess that we have nothing on the so-called tinnie...

Chris or other member with said "good" badge, yes the best thing will be to send the badge to Jo...

See You

Vince

Comment

Hi,

Chris, the badge of Jo has all the features of the said "original".

I think we are in the same situation as the "champagne" painted rune, with Kelly still claiming that "yes originals exist" (probably in his mind only).

See You

Vince
                        Attached Files

Comment

Mighty Micro Jo is the BOSS !
                          Last edited by Martin Stiles; 01-21-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originals have a backing plate from what I have noticed, the one tested does not. I was never keen one the ones missing the plates. No big reveal here.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by John T View Post
                              Originals have a backing plate from what I have noticed, the one tested does not. I was never keen one the ones missing the plates. No big reveal here.
                              I don't know what you are talking about here ?
                              I have in my archive 33 said "originals" (the fantasy badge Jo debunked), with 19 from WAF members, with 22 with pics from the back, all are identical (two systems to attach the pin).

The one of Jo is similar to all the other "originals".

See You

Vince
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by FrenchVolunteer; 01-21-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X