This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post
    That's a good question. I guess if enough members email the moderators and recommend it then it could happen. I plan on adding more to this thread in the coming months. Lot's more to discuss and also update the list of manufacturer codes.

Also I want to thank the other members like 4th Division for posting additional examples of SS uniforms and showing the ink stamped code numbers.
    Thanks Remy! I will keep posting when I find more items. Thanks for starting this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
      Jeff will do it if asked !
      It’s the one stop dot thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes please Jeff, that would be great.

Comment

I pinned it at the top for now. Probably it will be moved to Gary's "threads of importance" at some point. I agree this is an outstanding thread.
        Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Many thanks Jeff. I was about to look for it there amongst the other threads listed, but saw it here first.

Comment

Hi,

Sharing some stampings to "update" the database

Regards
            Attached Files

Comment

Dot Issuance

Wonderful thread. Was the Dot uniform or tunic issued to replace the wool version completely? Or did it replace one of the multiple wool tunics usually initially issued to a soldier?

Comment

Originally posted by kubel44 View Post
                Wonderful thread. Was the Dot uniform or tunic issued to replace the wool version completely? Or did it replace one of the multiple wool tunics usually initially issued to a soldier?
                Dot supposed to replace wool jacket and pants completely.

Comment

Yes to replace.

Comment

Dot Issuance

Thank you Fred, to what extent was the success? Any ideas on what percentage of the troops got dot outfit in 44 -45 as opposed to a wool outfit?

Comment

Still less than the wool counterpart and the dot would probably been replaced by the Leibermuster camouflage pattern.

Comment

Dot Issuance

I agree we would have to probably look at soldbooks and get a sampling to see what they were actually issued.

Comment

Originally posted by kubel44 View Post
                          Thank you Fred, to what extent was the success? Any ideas on what percentage of the troops got dot outfit in 44 -45 as opposed to a wool outfit?
                          Looking at period photos you can see that high procentage of soldier recieved dots. Mostly as spring/summer uniforms. so probably both wool and dot would be visible in soldbuch.

Comment

Wasn’t there the great book with a whole issue written in ?

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                              Wasn’t there the great book with a whole issue written in ?

What book ?

Comment

SS M40 greatcoat marked 270.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X