No announcement yet.

$55,000 SS Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At $10,000.00 for that set, there would be dozens of buyers. That would be far too low for an SS Totenkopfverband officer tunic, trousers, and aigulette.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

It's quite easy to calculate a value for a tunic, then it's up to the buyer how much to spend.

For sure it's better invested then in copy material.
      Bought not much from Oakleaf, but with all I bought I was happy and pleased with it. And when it is to expensive ask for a better price or try to trade partly as easy it is.

Comment

As far as value is concerned;

Craig Gottlieb had a SS-TK black Tunic listed at $18,995 and it sold.

http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/...rman+Militaria

Comment

What is the sence of this comparism? No idea but bashing.

The set I got once, was not named though and good luck to find such material and especially cheap or what ever fair price means for some.
          Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding RobertH !!!

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Just add up what these items cost alone

cufftitle
                collar tabs
                shoulderboard
                agulette

then add in the base uniform. I would have bought it for 10K twice over.

Greg

Comment

I suppose there is no way to be 100% sure whether the 55K uniform is original or put together.

Comment

I said that a dealer would ask between 15-20 k for the uniform. 10k would be a deal a seller would give to a friend or because he was owed a favor. If the uniform was mine I would be expecting to sell it somewhere between the 15-20k range. That's a fair price for both buyer and seller. Of course you could probably get more then 20k for it if you were willing to set on it. Maybe it would go quick at 20k who knows. The value of any collectable item is what the next collector will pay you for it.

Comment

Question about these types of black jackets. Why does the last few of these I'm seeing only have one shoulder board on them? Was that done by design or is it just one is always missing? Sorry if that's a dumb question or common sense but I don't know the answer. And I have noticed the last few I have seen was like that.

Comment

Single Shoulder Board

The black uniform always had a single board from inception.

Charles Betz

Comment

Thank you Charles that explains it. Do you have any idea on why that is?

Comment

Why Only A Single Board On The Black Uniform?

Here's a link that should answer your question:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unifor...black_uniforms

Charles Betz

Comment

I believe the Oakleaf ensemble could justify the asking price if it had the "SS- Totenkopfverbande" worded cuffttitle as there are very few in existence and is arguably the most desireable of all.

Comment

can you sell it and make a profit?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X