$55,000 SS Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kersten View Post
    The SS aiguillete look good and is thrown in for free - who owned this tunic last, where did it come from, what's its provenance ? I have asked Kris from Oakleaf and he's been evasive - like it just came from secret deal and he won't say - it's all hush hush - which I always take as being a BS way to simply obscure it's origins because it's fake or stolen - or a combo of both
    Kristian Anderson - sounds like another guy who made up a lot of fairy tales.......

Comment

Someone has definitely been smoking the old oak leaves.

Comment

I'm thinking of buying it.

Comment

I like it - not really questioning its originality - but asking prices like this usually come right before the values of everything in a certain collecting area start imploding.

Comment

In the end it's all about PERSONAL CHOICES. If one likes the ítem why not? The set is quite complete, seriously. My choice-tunic it would not be.

With a bid and cash payment you can surely lower the price quite considerably with all dealers nowadays.

If you pay up a bit there's better tunics currently out there though...

Good luck!
            Last edited by markus; 06-16-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Anything similar on sale elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post

Other, nice tunics, but again question of personal choice and not online of course.
                Last edited by markus; 06-16-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                  There are VERY little legit black tunics on any site lately..Hannahs Reich has anice Black VT officer set

Comment

I'm seeing generally nice tunics being offered for $7500...possibly restored but hey if you're going to pay $55000 be my guest...without proof of who wore it you will own it for life.This guys Chicago connection reputation is not very good especially after the made up LAH tunic fiasco. I see it is a black tunic so maybe $20,000 for it if it were an untouched original.

Comment

I talked to Kris about the outrageous asking price. Per Kris " That is what the consignor wants the price to be" Obviously anyone can ask any amount for their items no matter how insane they may be. I believe Kris has told the consignor that it would never sell at that price but the consignor seems intent on not selling the piece. But who knows who offer may make the consignor change their mind and sell at something of a reasonable price... In the end, you buy what you can afford or be happy with.

Greg

Comment

Sounds like one of those the wife says you better sell and he says ok yea rite. I'll put it up for sale at a price that no body will pay. Then he gets to tell her he's trying to sell it but knows it's not going anywhere. And no I haven't been in that situation but I could see it happening. Anyone with a piece like that has researched,it,and knows,what price will sell it.

Comment

Most likely something like this:

"Dear- you PROMISED me to sell those eeeevil naaatzi rags when we got married."

"Okay dear i place it for sale" (for a price no one is going to pay hihi)

Comment

Originally posted by blitzkrieg gsd View Post
                            Sounds like one of those the wife says you better sell and he says ok yea rite. I'll put it up for sale at a price that no body will pay. Then he gets to tell her he's trying to sell it but knows it's not going anywhere. And no I haven't been in that situation but I could see it happening. Anyone with a piece like that has researched,it,and knows,what price will sell it.
                            I didnt see your post. hehehe we are thinking the same

Comment

That's what I would do.

Comment

Yes but what a waste of everyone's time! If I want to see overpriced junk (I say junk because this uniform is not in very nice shape and not named, so should not even bring as much as others on the market) I will visit Snyder's Treasures.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X