Clear All

Originally posted by checkit View Post
    I will visit Snyder's Treasures.
    I hope you wash your hands afterwards

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
      Anything similar on sale elsewhere?
      Mr. Kelly Hicks has a nice SS-VT Germania set for sale right now.

Comment

Any online links?

Comment

http://www.ss-steel-inc.com/cloth_gallery_page_2.html

Comment

Does anyone know what the asking price is on the black uniform in the link. That would be a good uniform to compare to the one where talking about in this thread.

Comment

Oh boy I wish every website had that quality of photographs

Ian

Comment

Well i dealt with Kris before
                he is not the most friendly seller i would say.
                and other of his ss tunics are overpriced as well

but here the cuff title is not even originally sewn

i mean WTF >

and who dealt with the guy knows he kind of wants your card detals to be send in a emai.
                Like for real? In 21st sentury?

Comment

Anything similar on sale elsewhere?
                  Uniforms of this rarity and price range often move from collection to collection, changing hands without a lot of public fanfare and hype, with an "I'll take it whenever you are ready to sell it" offer that has been on the table for years, plus of course, lots of cash & trade package deals that cloud what the actual selling price even was.

But believe me, if you put an ad in a forum like Military Trader, that you will pay $55,000 for a nice Allgemeine SS Tunic named with provenance, you will surely get responses, regradless of how few are offered publicly for sale.

Comment

Both Hicks and Stiles website SS uniforms are POR.

Comment

Military Trader???? Isn't that the paper that touted Manion's for years? Not something I would read with their track record of having that crook on board.

Bob Hritz
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

What is the fair market value (if there is such a thing. basically prices that are moving items and making sales) for these black tunics, assuming above average - excellent condition, I wonder?

Comment

I have seen a few enlisted/NCO black tunics for numbered regiments offered around $10,000.00. The price for a Totenkopfverband officer's tunic would be much, much higher. I do not recall seeing more than 5 officer tunics for Totenkopfverband in collections. Any Totenkopfverband tunic is a true rarity and highly desireable.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Bob - I bet you have one in your collection.

Comment

Bob - I bet you have one in your collection.
                              Yes, but only an NCO from Elbe and an early officer ( pirate skull) without any cuff title. They are certainly not for sale.

Bob Hritz

Comment

I was thinking 10,000.00 would be a fair price for a uniform group of that quality. I think for 10k it would sell pretty quick. But like a member said already it would probably go between two collectors and we would never hear about it. When I first saw the uniform were talking about I expected a dealer would be asking 15-20k. Of course the dealer has more expenses we all know how that goes we all understand. If I had the money to spend to buy one of the two uniforms were talking about I would be will to pay somewhere in the range above. Of course that's if they both checked out to be 100% good to go. What do you guys think would be a fair price range? Looks like Bob and I are close to being on the same page. And don't forget most people will add extra to what they really want to have room to haggle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X