No announcement yet.

New discovered Allach piece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

correct, Allach not only attracts SS Collectors but also porcelain collectors all over the world of course. Pieces from this manufactory are pretty rare (any piece) and is hard to find stuff..or better said, hard to buy for decent prices if it pops up somewhere. The quality of any piece is exceptional and of the highest detail.

but to be honest..there is also lots of Meissen Porcelain Figures that reaches almost the same price....because of the quality and name...like Allach...onyl difference is that Meissen exists much longer than Allach.
    btw, I very much like the Dackel and bears..because they are so well done..as mostly any piece of this manufactory is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
      p.s. I agree the set posted by Nick lacks "Allach" detail in my opinion. It isn't a fact it is produced by Allach.
      Agreed that the museum is not claiming Allach origin with certainty, just saying it's a possibility (Allach+SS connection) ,
      and not far fetched in my view since its a Himmler gift to Mussert. If the pieces had been larger probably more detail would have been apparent ..but who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
        correct, Allach not only attracts SS Collectors but also porcelain collectors all over the world of course. Pieces from this manufactory are pretty rare (any piece) and is hard to find stuff..or better said, hard to buy for decent prices if it pops up somewhere. The quality of any piece is exceptional and of the highest detail.

but to be honest..there is also lots of Meissen Porcelain Figures that reaches almost the same price....because of the quality and name...like Allach...onyl difference is that Meissen exists much longer than Allach.
        btw, I very much like the Dackel and bears..because they are so well done..as mostly any piece of this manufactory is.
        Collecting Allach for me mates my love of art, history and cultural items of the period and oh yes, I like the animals too!

Comment

TR collectors wouldn't be paying $2000 each for the cute little animal Allach pieces without the SS connection. That's why you see Allach pieces on TR dealer's websites. Along with the wooden plates with "SS" connections and those type of things. You don't see Meissen from the same period on TR websites because there is no Himmler connection. But maybe he studied Meissen when he was beheading those chickens.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
            TR collectors wouldn't be paying $2000 each for the cute little animal Allach pieces without the SS connection.
            Insightful. I must agree.

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
              Insightful. I must agree.
              Me too.. But, animals have no touch on me.. Julefest-yes...

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBo View Post
                Me too.. But, animals have no touch on me.. Julefest-yes...
                Here you go: Also Meissen Jul plates are attractive - and rare!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
                  Michael,

Not my intent to stop you from talking, only to make you aware that while China can manufacture just about anything, they don't often get it right and when you get to anything high end they have more difficulty. Also, and what caught my attention was the fact that an unknown piece should pop up after 70 years should be a flag on the item? and this was the point you partially left open. Fact of the matter is pieces are still popping up after 70 years, some never seen or known and not even porcelain as the point. Reality is if there is one falcon there are probably two and maybe as many as 10 or 12 made in the day. If another pops up is it a fake? hope not because another will at some point and the same go's for other pieces I am sure.

This Royster like paranoia runs through the market on a multitude of items whether it be paper, medals, or a Allach piece. Some of it might be noteworthy but most of it garbage material but some guys believe it. I think at the Max Bill Warda was set up with 20 or 30 pieces of porcelain material, there is a guy who knows porcelain across the board. Its day 3 and I am sitting behind his table and a guy walks up and starts talking about porcelain and I was just listening. 5 Minutes in and he starts with Chinese Allach, WTF? and he has a note pad and he is writing things down and I am just looking at the guy and thinking to myself " who is this idiot ". Anyway, someone appeared to be antagonizing and you appeared to be the target and did not realize it, heads up!.
                  Hello JW,
                  This message is not about the item in question per se, instead it is speaking in broad generalities...or Collector Application Theory for a grandiose term.
                  I personally distill your message above to the paranoia theme you warn about.
                  Fine, however, "paranoia" is not really "paranoia" if it is based in fact.

I posit that the origins and continued enflaming of this "paranoia or reality check" is due to the continual emergence of fakes in all levels of TR collecting.
                  This, along with the empirical evidence that items collectors pay more for will enjoy higher scrutiny from cheats, scoundrels and fakers -makes Allach a target.
                  Honestly, I don't see how this can be downplayed or dismissed.
                  Sincerely,
                  Michael

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
                    You came on board and accused the largest European house of being crooked and selling a fake bird and your base logic was that the bird has never been seen before so it must be fake, and the house is crooked because you cheat people on Ebay with shill bids. I really do not think I need to justify anything to you.
                    Hello JW.
                    in this response by me I am only addressing "the largest auction house" idea and nothing else in your above post or to directly attack any actual item at this time.

From my own following on a few WAF forums discussing certain items offered from HH : The consensus has been to warn of the in-authenticity of certain items (wood and Cloth TR items if memory serves) on HH in their auctions.

I am sure we could simply do a thread search and find them rather quickly. And even if this were not the case, in this day and age collectors are surely not still so naive as to think ANY dealer or Auction house of TR was immune from fakes: purposely or accidentally.

Comment

On Meissen and men

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post

Since I own Meissen, I educated myself on it. Meissen was a huge collectors favorite over 100 years ago. Just huge. Think European Aristocrats and ladies and gentleman of leisure pastimes and land barons and Gilded Era captains of industry striving to get that desirable example.....
                      I posit the Meissen collecting scene is something much more sophisticated, well known(in what Meissen cognoscenti care to know), well accepted and considered to be immune from the taint of the SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                        Here you go: Also Meissen Jul plates are attractive - and rare!
                        Its a nice one, but my favorite one is where a woman holds a child and looking out in a window, where behind the window swastica is raising... Unfortunately dont have a picture...
                        And again, Meissen is not as expensive, as Allach is, may be because no connection to SS?
                        I have two Meissen LC plates, those are expensive and very rare...
                        And for example, Rothental's Bamberger Reiter is connected to SS and the price is high...
                        I have one too, with 1944 makers mark...
                        Last edited by MasterBo; 11-23-2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Here is another Julfest item you might like - with SS connection, of course.
                          Attached Files

Comment

a beautiful chest.

but it needs a candleholder on it instead of a lamp!

Comment

Just want to agree with you guys on the SS connection relating to the value. Without the link to the SS Allach would bring maybe 10% of its value it has with the SS connection. That being said I think the whole SS bubble is waiting to bust. The first thigs to fall in value after the bust will be over priced cultural items. They have no connection to combat only ideology witch younger collectors have no interest in.

Comment

I agree. Without the SS connection Allach can't compete with Meisen, Rosenthal and many other ceramic factories

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X