Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic chess set.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

At least the falcon is a more masculine looking Allach piece. Those little Allach doggies don't do anything for me. They look like something my mother would collect.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
        At least the falcon is a more masculine looking Allach piece. Those little Allach doggies don't do anything for me. They look like something my mother would collect.
        yeah too bad its just a fantasy piece

Comment

Don't know that that's true. But even if it was, I'd rather a fake (at a fake's price) falcon sitting on my shelf than a real little doggie.

Comment

So this one piece surfaces 70 something years after WWII, Intact to boot?
            highly unlikely,,I smell a rat
            glad I got rid of all my Allach awhile ago...

Allach is like weightlifting equipment, those who have it think its worth a bundle,,
            to others a weight set is a boat anchor and Allach is overpriced porcelain

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
              I know nothing about these Allach pieces but I can assure you that you can find a lot of TR original pieces and that you'll never find them in period catalogues.
              I agree,
              conversely,
              if you spend a long time poring over SS publications, you will find items in photographs that no one would ever believe on WAF as SS.

But, at the same time, I appreciate 'JimsAntiques' point of view here...this is where the money is on fakes...and the Chinese know the Russian market

Comment

Originally posted by JimsAntiques View Post
                So this one piece surfaces 70 something years after WWII, Intact to boot?
                highly unlikely,,I smell a rat
                glad I got rid of all my Allach awhile ago...

Allach is like weightlifting equipment, those who have it think its worth a bundle,,
                to others a weight set is a boat anchor and Allach is overpriced porcelain
                OK, I don't laugh a lot while on WAF...but you have a way with your descriptions.

I agree that due to its never being seen before that this piece ought to be considered as "having some potential" of being a fake.

What if this becomes a common occurrence that unknown Allach starts popping up?

EVERYONE WILL BEGIN TO WORRY

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                  I agree,
                  conversely,
                  if you spend a long time poring over SS publications, you will find items in photographs that no one would ever believe on WAF as SS.

But, at the same time, I appreciate 'JimsAntiques' point of view here...this is where the money is on fakes...and the Chinese know the Russian market
                  Michael,

I think you are defending something that needs no defending. The intent of the mans post is to spur controversy and your biting. Its not necessary and the Chinese make my Won Ton and run buffet, what they do not do is make Allach porcelain. Russian market or no Russian market its best to speak of things you know about and leave the rest alone. Entertaining a trouble maker should be beyond you and the fact that your bantering the point only serves to weaken you and your opponent should the question really arise. It ain't happening. So? maybe we call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
                    Michael,

"...the fact that your bantering the point only serves to weaken you and your opponent should the question really arise. It ain't happening. So? maybe we call it a day.
                    "

I was ,as you call it "bantering" because I see how both views may be valid, or not valid.

Im not sure I have any 'new' opponent at this moment in this thread-I sure did not think so.

I am happy to not discuss the fact that Russia has some big spending Allach collectors and China has some industrial capacities for creating anything they want, including porcelain (and was an area purported to have created the super TK ring fakes).

Personally, I hope this newly discovered and never heard of before item is authentic.

Comment

Amazing pieces...

The following chess set came out of storage recently for display at the Amsterdam National Rijks Museum after an extensive remodel and reopening earlier this year, showing many pieces in the collection not previous on display to admire, including this chess set...So a first for the general public.
                      I guess the attitude is changing now...Older generations had no or little interest in viewing items from their occupation period... Newer generations did not experience the war and look at such artifacts differently...I also read that it was a recent donation to the museum from a private source...not sure really...
                      either way its spectacular!

It's claimed to be a one of a kind (most likely) Allach manufactured chess set, which Himmler commissioned as a gift to the Dutch leader Mussert in 1941...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NickG; 11-22-2013, 03:18 AM.

Comment

The border edge of the gameboard lists all the conquered (defeated) nations...
                        It shows a year date 1939: + "schlachmatt" (checkmate) + list countries Poland (Polen) etc... 1940 Denmark,Holland etc..
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NickG; 11-22-2013, 03:06 AM.

Comment

No wonder it was not shown publically before as it is a Nazi Blitzkrieg Propaganda piece, celebrating all the German victories in the west ('39-'40)
                          Here you can read 1940: checkmate Denmark (Schlachmatt Danemark)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NickG; 11-22-2013, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                            Art is always arguable, and that makes art so interesting as taste is gladly different in the human race

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                              No wonder it was not shown publically before as it is a Nazi Blitzkrieg Propaganda piece, celebrating all the German victories in the west ('39-'40)
                              Here you can read 1940: checkmate Denmark (Schlachmatt Danemark)
                              ouch! that is not very sensitive or politically korrekt. Makes you think those Nazis thought they were going to win.

Comment

What a spectacular looking set. I guess I won't be finding one soon!

Bob Hritz
                                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X