No announcement yet.

New discovered Allach piece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that is a real juwel - what a set this is!!!

Nick, thank you so much for adding it to this thread!

I will throw in some more shots of the Allach set - first the original box itself.
    Attached Files

Comment

Let´s call this one of the exotic - and therefore very desirable - Allach pieces.
      Attached Files

Comment

I know of three Allach chess sets in existance so far - one of them was offered on german E-Bucht some years ago and already back then it went for a very high number.
        Attached Files

Comment

The Allach mark on one of the figurines.

Especially the horse is very detailed and beautiful.
          Attached Files

Comment

Im no Allach expert..but as a novice in this field I find the Set NickG was showing here kind of crudely/simple made...the figurines look like they would have used the same molds like from the Elastolin Figures..but looks not like Allach Quality to me... I thought I would see much more details...maybe its my small screen and the photos...dunno

P.S. the Falcon looks awesome!!!!!!!

Comment

I never cared for the kitchy dogs and some of the stylized figures of fairy tale lore. These remind me of the stuff on Oma's curio shelf. However, the chess sets, this wonderful eagle, and the realistic figures of military figures are wonderful to behold. I am sorry I did not collect these when they were a little less appreciated. They were never inexpensive, but now they are beginning to reach their value.

I thank both of you for posting these wonderful chess sets and the falcon.

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                "

I was ,as you call it "bantering" because I see how both views may be valid, or not valid.

Im not sure I have any 'new' opponent at this moment in this thread-I sure did not think so.

I am happy to not discuss the fact that Russia has some big spending Allach collectors and China has some industrial capacities for creating anything they want, including porcelain (and was an area purported to have created the super TK ring fakes).

Personally, I hope this newly discovered and never heard of before item is authentic.
                Michael,

Not my intent to stop you from talking, only to make you aware that while China can manufacture just about anything, they don't often get it right and when you get to anything high end they have more difficulty. Also, and what caught my attention was the fact that an unknown piece should pop up after 70 years should be a flag on the item? and this was the point you partially left open. Fact of the matter is pieces are still popping up after 70 years, some never seen or known and not even porcelain as the point. Reality is if there is one falcon there are probably two and maybe as many as 10 or 12 made in the day. If another pops up is it a fake? hope not because another will at some point and the same go's for other pieces I am sure.

This Royster like paranoia runs through the market on a multitude of items whether it be paper, medals, or a Allach piece. Some of it might be noteworthy but most of it garbage material but some guys believe it. I think at the Max Bill Warda was set up with 20 or 30 pieces of porcelain material, there is a guy who knows porcelain across the board. Its day 3 and I am sitting behind his table and a guy walks up and starts talking about porcelain and I was just listening. 5 Minutes in and he starts with Chinese Allach, WTF? and he has a note pad and he is writing things down and I am just looking at the guy and thinking to myself " who is this idiot ". Anyway, someone appeared to be antagonizing and you appeared to be the target and did not realize it, heads up!.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
                  Michael,

I think you are defending something that needs no defending. The intent of the mans post is to spur controversy and your biting. Its not necessary and the Chinese make my Won Ton and run buffet, what they do not do is make Allach porcelain. Russian market or no Russian market its best to speak of things you know about and leave the rest alone. Entertaining a trouble maker should be beyond you and the fact that your bantering the point only serves to weaken you and your opponent should the question really arise. It ain't happening. So? maybe we call it a day.
                  How do you know the intent of this mans post? well,,allow me to expound upon what I said, Why is it whenever someone presents a viewpoint that is counter to the OP or the mainstream opinion, he is immediately greeted with malice.

its called discussion, its what we do here on a forum, discuss the merits of said piece. I stated and am still shocked, that not one person believes this falcon even could be a phony. I mean, this one piece that isnt in any period Allach catalogs, surfaces at Herman Historica of all places, and all anyone can say is wow,cool. Where did it come from? whats the provenance?
                  its actually quite scary that the masses collect this way,, but its good for guys like 'ole Herman.

Mike Fay knows his stuff and is instrumental in exposing a member on here for
                  certain activities, so I know he doesnt collect this way.
                  I'm done discussing this piece of Chinese rubbish.

If you want to ewwwww and aghhhh over it, thats your perogative.
                  wheres they guy who wrote the book on Allach? interesting he's not chiming in here

Comment

Originally posted by JimsAntiques View Post
                    How do you know the intent of this mans post? well,,allow me to expound upon what I said, Why is it whenever someone presents a viewpoint that is counter to the OP or the mainstream opinion, he is immediately greeted with malice.

its called discussion, its what we do here on a forum, discuss the merits of said piece. I stated and am still shocked, that not one person believes this falcon even could be a phony. I mean, this one piece that isnt in any period Allach catalogs, surfaces at Herman Historica of all places, and all anyone can say is wow,cool. Where did it come from? whats the provenance?
                    its actually quite scary that the masses collect this way,, but its good for guys like 'ole Herman.
                    Thank you so much for setting me straight, as a collector however and one that's been around the block more than a few times I know what happens in many cases with pieces popping up, I actually have a file of pieces that have never seen the light of day, many collectors do have a file much like this. The bird needs no provenance as the bird stands on its own, and the fact that it just popped up is irrelevant as that is the way it happens in many cases. Are far as intent, you know that's obvious from your previous posts where freely admit to scamming people and run a mentality that because everyone is a crook why should you not be. That's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                      ouch! that is not very sensitive or politically korrekt.
                      Well, it is what it is.... a piece that glorifies their early victories... "checkmating" many countries early on...and listing these
                      defeated nations...so lots of symbolism...but yes we're discussing these Allach pieces not politics, you are right.

Amazing examples...keep them coming!

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
                        Thank you so much for setting me straight, as a collector however and one that's been around the block more than a few times I know what happens in many cases with pieces popping up, I actually have a file of pieces that have never seen the light of day, many collectors do have a file much like this. The bird needs no provenance as the bird stands on its own, and the fact that it just popped up is irrelevant as that is the way it happens in many cases. Are far as intent, you know that's obvious from your previous posts where freely admit to scamming people and run a mentality that because everyone is a crook why should you not be. That's fine.
                        Well then fine sir, pls enlighten us little guy collectors and share the portion of your secret collector files with us,,,,ok not the whole secret file,,just the one that that shows the falcon,,,can anyone offer period evidence that this falcon was produced by Allach??
                        Im betting no

Comment

Originally posted by JimsAntiques View Post
                          Well then fine sir, pls enlighten us little guy collectors and share the portion of your secret collector files with us,,,,ok not the whole secret file,,just the one that that shows the falcon,,,can anyone offer period evidence that this falcon was produced by Allach??
                          Im betting no
                          You came on board and accused the largest European house of being crooked and selling a fake bird and your base logic was that the bird has never been seen before so it must be fake, and the house is crooked because you cheat people on Ebay with shill bids. I really do not think I need to justify anything to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
                            Im no Allach expert..but as a novice in this field I find the Set NickG was showing here kind of crudely/simple made...the figurines look like they would have used the same molds like from the Elastolin Figures..but looks not like Allach Quality to me... I thought I would see much more details...maybe its my small screen and the photos...dunno

P.S. the Falcon looks awesome!!!!!!!
                            Both chess sets look like nothing special. The brown/white set looks like melted chocolate. The falcon looks awesome, but it's an exceptional piece. The only reason the Allach pieces have such a high value is their connection to the SS. They might bring high prices now, but only because they are a current fad amongst TR collectors. Just like the wooden plates with hanging grapes, with the "connection" to SS. The little fawns & doggies just don't look right with a SS chained dagger.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                              ....The only reason the Allach pieces have such a high value is their connection to the SS. They might bring high prices now, but only because they are a current fad amongst TR collectors. ...
                              Wrong, Allach is not only for Third Reich collectors. Among porcelain collectors it is known for it's quality (high demand) and low production numbers (low supply) and therefore highly wanted by people who don't even care about the SS connection. And they do like doggies and bears!

p.s. I agree the set posted by Nick lacks "Allach" detail in my opinion. It isn't a fact it is produced by Allach.
                              Last edited by Dmv; 11-22-2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

There is no doubt that demand for the Allach pieces is built up because of the SS connection. How many TR collectors are porcelain collectors who would be otherwise interested? Allach has many fine examples like the falcon & soldiers, the doggies and fawns are grouped into collector's sets just because they are Allach. The Allach chess set may be rare, but it looks like something I could buy from a holiday catalog for $89.95. You know as well as I do that much of its market price derives from the SS connection. One of the qualifications for entry into the NSDAP was not art history. Some Allach pieces are fine art, some are not. SS collectors' taste are affected by the SS stamp on something. If the SS produced paintings of dogs playing poker on black velvet, prices would go wild.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X