Ss 8 year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
    There are 2 types of SS 4 & 8 year medals that are accepted as original. The medal in question has many differences from these 2 types. In the field of 3rd Reich collecting, especially SS, one cannot just decide that if an item is well made, it must be real. There are many examples (Floch, Rounders, etc.) where the reproductions are made of equal and sometimes even better quality than the originals. The medal in question has been declared a fake for years.
    Curt, IMO you are absolutely correct. I have seen these before. It is a very well made fake.

Close but no cigar !

Mike

Comment

The medal shown in #39 by Antonio is from his "SS Fakes" thread.
      "I think it is the same of this I post below. Surface is fine dotted, not with the big dots of the fakes."

Can´t you read?

Comment

Curt, we are trying to understand why and who declare this medal fake.
        I know the SS field, and I collect also something in this field, but you are wrong about the Floch and other fakes.

I show you a medal, can it be a good one? I'd like to hear what you and other members think about.
        Attached Files

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
        - THE SS TK RING
        - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
        - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

No offence but that Fake has been shown on here so many times ive lost count.

I cant believe your wasting your time posting it.That is an english fake from the 70,s.

Very well known,if not the best known.

Comment

Originally posted by keifer kahn View Post
            No offence but that Fake has been shown on here so many times ive lost count.

I cant believe your wasting your time posting it.That is an english fake from the 70,s.

Very well known,if not the best known.
            I agree; here's one of these that the fakers didn't even know what way up it was supposed to go...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              "I think it is the same of this I post below. Surface is fine dotted, not with the big dots of the fakes."

Can´t you read?
              Perhaps my reading comprehension is not at your level. Why did he post a picture from his fake thread as an example of an original medal?

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
                Curt, we are trying to understand why and who declare this medal fake.
                I know the SS field, and I collect also something in this field, but you are wrong about the Floch and other fakes.

I show you a medal, can it be a good one? I'd like to hear what you and other members think about.
                That is a terrible piece of crap. And you don't think that there are high quality fakes? You won't last in this hobby very long. Perhaps you should read all the threads from people believing rounders were real. It took scientific tests to prove them fake. But hey, buy what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  Well, according to that idea of argumentation some Allach pieces ought to be neither original nor exist at all - just because they do not show up in official period documentation.

Nonetheless they are original period pieces.

And according to the visable outstanding quality of this SS award I assume it is a period original piece as well.

If no period documentation, how can you then recognize them as fake or not?

Comment

That is a terrible piece of crap. And you don't think that there are high quality fakes? You won't last in this hobby very long. Perhaps you should read all the threads from people believing rounders were real. It took scientific tests to prove them fake. But hey, buy what you like.
                    Don't you think I read a lot on this subject?
                    Thank you for your advice, but fortunately I'm in this hobby since more than 20 years, and I always made ​​deep studies, so I don't think "I won't last in this hobby very long" as you wrote...
                    I posted this medal because it is another post-war made, and it is not an english old fake, was done from Souval. This demonstrate I know what I'm saying, and I don't read only what others said.
                    You said: "It took scientific tests to prove them fake". So: can you show me them to prove the medal that start this thread is a fake? Or your opinion is based only on "what others said"?

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

The concensus of the majority members who have contributed to this thread is that the 1st medal posted is bad.They have reached that based on their own studies and experience.

Accept that and move on.
                      Brow beating people with "prove its fake" will just alienate you.That is the typical mentality of people who own fakes and cant accept reality.

Its up to you to prove its "Real".

Comment

I never had one of these medals, I have only 4 accepted originals.
                        I ask only to understand if someone is able to determinate if this is real or not. Nothing more. Sorry to say that what you think is COMPLETELY wrong.
                        And sorry if my way to study is different; but in all the works I've done I've never based my knowledge on "others said it's fake" or "others said it's original". I prefere understand and not only repeat.

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

To get back to the medal which started this thread; for those who believe that it is original and wish to grab themselves a bargain...they are being sold above board as reproductions on ioffer for £21.99.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
                            To get back to the medal which started this thread; for those who believe that it is original and wish to grab themselves a bargain...they are being sold above board as reproductions on ioffer for £21.99.
                            No one can prove they are fake -- time to stock up!

Comment

If only I had bought all of the ones that I have seen for sale over the years, (as fakes), just think what they would all be worth when they are finally proven authentic.

Comment

Well done. Thanks for the update JC.
                                I had bought some reproductions in past for comparisons, but never find this one. I'll look for one.

PS: next step is find a P&L or a Schickle

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                                - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X