No announcement yet.

Heinz Macher and Fritz Witt grouping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the LAH cyphers John Pic wrote [QUOTE= What's remarkable to me is that even though all the cyphers have the same flaw they are toned and aged differently, he must have a team of highly skilled Oompa Loompas.

Can someone post a known original ?[/QUOTE]

LOL! I think some Oompa Loompas use the old Piss and Vinager trick, other OL's perhaps a light pressure glass beading then some good old weather provided by Mother Nature! I hear Niemann is making a comeback to declare these cyphers a newly discovered type, and very rare untill he stumbled across a massive hoard!

It would have been a real bold move (this whole mess is real bold anyway) on Willi Wonkas part to use one of the recently discovered fake Tux badges on the Witt tuxedo, after all he has or had a box full of them.

I myself very much look forward to seeing many more photos of this group and thank you for those posted so far!

Happy Hunting Gents!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
      John, you are right. There is in fact a photo showing cyphers on
      his Brigadefhr boards. How strange. I take back my earlier comment!

I don't think anyone wants to show a good cypher on a public forum
      though.

The hobby is in a very sad state. Traders have a very easy game
      fooling people and getting away with it. Look at what has happened
      in the art market in recent years. Kai has completely turned his
      business around specializing on fakes only and is making a way better
      cut/business than going by the book. He's a very smart guy.

Check out all the uniform items for sale on Andreas-Thies and
      Hermann Historica sites in recent years. Who is supplying these..?
      I think we pretty much all know by now.

Markus
      Good points Markus, a sad state indeed! Seems a certain German dealer who recently retired went down this road also, leaving many with a totally worthless "Lifetime Guarantee" and toilet paper COA's on Fake junk....

Kev

Comment

It will be interesting the reaction to this thread and to see if it gets lost and buried.....

Comment

No Cigar

No, it will not get lost and buried. Kai has no Friends.

He probably has about as many friends as Jerry Sandusky has right now.......oh whoops, my bad....Jerry has lots of new Friends !! His new Friends may be a little old for his taste, but he will get used to it.

I just commend Rob for exposing the whole Scam on a Public Forum. Takes Balls. Usually after the Collector gets his Money back it part of the unspoken Deal he keep quiet, Rob does not care. Refreshing!

Comment

Wiit

In the late 90`s I`ve bought Diekmanns Cap and some more things belonged to Diekmann from Winkler he bought just a few days before directly from the son,there were never listed and 100% orig.
            Some years later a fellow member of his staff called me and warned me,if Kai offer you Diekmanns tunic,beware..he just built the tunic for you!So I beware..

In 1998 I saw about 20 press Pics from TK-Division at the Hanseatisches Auk.Haus,800.-DM,2 weeks later they were part of the famous Wisch auction,250.-DM each with a brand new signature from Wisch!!on TK-Pics..

I don`t really understand him and his way to rip us because he have enough money,maybe he his laughing about us but after I spoke to Patrik Agte,Author of the Wittmann and Peiper book,Head of the Munin Verlag and close Friend of Peter Witt I was speechless..

He said there was the Helmet,given from Günther Dalquen as a present to Peter Witt,some Papers and pics,thats it..
            so thats now another thing,thats a really criminal thing Kai is doing,we have a german word for this, `BETRUG`!

Comment

I think that the biggest problem is that not every collector or buyer is in the WAF to even know about what this guy is doing, so evnetually somebody might fall for it and that is how this crooks keep in bussines.......

Comment

Only a matter of time before he does this to the wrong person and winds up in a ditch, minus a few vital parts of the anatomy.

Comment

Originally posted by lassefinn View Post
                  In the late 90`s I`ve bought Diekmanns Cap and some more things belonged to Diekmann from Winkler he bought just a few days before directly from the son,there were never listed and 100% orig.
                  Some years later a fellow member of his staff called me and warned me,if Kai offer you Diekmanns tunic,beware..he just built the tunic for you!So I beware..

In 1998 I saw about 20 press Pics from TK-Division at the Hanseatisches Auk.Haus,800.-DM,2 weeks later they were part of the famous Wisch auction,250.-DM each with a brand new signature from Wisch!!on TK-Pics..

I don`t really understand him and his way to rip us because he have enough money,maybe he his laughing about us but after I spoke to Patrik Agte,Author of the Wittmann and Peiper book,Head of the Munin Verlag and close Friend of Peter Witt I was speechless..

He said there was the Helmet,given from Günther Dalquen as a present to Peter Witt,some Papers and pics,thats it..
                  so thats now another thing,thats a really criminal thing Kai is doing,we have a german word for this, `BETRUG`!

Yes, the Wisch group (which I'm quite familiar with, incl. the families in both Germany and the U.S.) both gave me a quite good understanding of what was really in the group when Reimer Wisch sold it and what was consequently added. The family in the U.S. know my recently published book and remembered Teddy showing his docs and photos proudly when for a visit in Germany in 1982.

Also there Kai Winkler added 2 caps, candleholders, mint boxed OL and KC, a marked travel trunk like we see from Witt now, a satchel, dagger, etc. The added Totenkopf photos I'm also familiar with.

Some of my friends in HIAG Hamburg who visited the auction house days before the actual auction told me also they saw the estate quite 'inflated'.

That is why it's important to talk to the families or other reliable sources if possible.

Peter Witt insists even today (a couple of hours ago) that he did not sell any uniforms to Winkler.

Therefore it is important to see the written confirmation, supposedly issued by Peter Witt, that all this stuff was sold to him to Kai Winkler.

I'm starting to believe that such a confirmation does not really exist and that collectors might have gotten the story from Kai only verbally !!!

Cheers,
                  Markus

Comment

Originally posted by Spanish Freiwillige View Post
                    I think that the biggest problem is that not every collector or buyer is in the WAF to even know about what this guy is doing, so evnetually somebody might fall for it and that is how this crooks keep in bussines.......
                    Jaime,

You should put that photo up of the guys who restore helmets and
                    write whatever name you want in Suetterlin into the skirt of the helmets.

The writing look exactly than the helmet posted if I recall correctly.

Cheers,
                    Markus

Comment

Yes, the Wisch group (which I'm quite familiar with, incl. the families in both Germany and the U.S.) both gave me a quite good understanding of what was really in the group when Reimer Wisch sold it and what was consequently added. The family in the U.S. know my recently published book and remembered Teddy showing his docs and photos proudly when for a visit in Germany in 1982.

Also there Kai Winkler added 2 caps, candleholders, mint boxed OL and KC, a marked travel trunk like we see from Witt now, a satchel, dagger, etc. The added Totenkopf photos I'm also familiar with.

Some of my friends in HIAG Hamburg who visited the auction house days before the actual auction told me also they saw the estate quite 'inflated'.

That is why it's important to talk to the families or other reliable sources if possible.

Peter Witt insists even today (a couple of hours ago) that he did not sell any uniforms to Winkler.

Therefore it is important to see the written confirmation, supposedly issued by Peter Witt, that all this stuff was sold to him to Kai Winkler.

I'm starting to believe that such a confirmation does not really exist and that collectors might have gotten the story from Kai only verbally !!!

Cheers,
                      Markus
                      If Peter Witt wanted, this could give legal grounds to persue fraud.....

Comment

Originally posted by Spanish Freiwillige View Post
                        If Peter Witt wanted, this could give legal grounds to persue fraud.....
                        Do you want to represent him in court? I see you are smelling blood!

I can send him your business card! Ha ha!

Comment

Do you want to represent him in court? I see you are smelling blood!

I can send him your business card! Ha ha!

Well you know me, being a lawyer and collector makes an interesting combination,…

I just hate that these crooks get away with it….

If they knew they would get prosecuted go to jail or get huge fines for selling crap , believe me we would see less fakes….. or less dealers trying to push the envelope…

Let’s make an example of him……
                          Last edited by Spanish Freiwillige; 06-27-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Witt

P.Agte told me that Witt wear his Helmet on his head when he try to find a foxhole at the Air Attack near Caen when he was killed and the Helmet have a big hole from a shrapnell so it could be interesting to see the rest of the Helm..
                            Did Peter Witt confirmed that he sold the Helmet to winkler?

Comment

Originally posted by lassefinn View Post
                              P.Agte told me that Witt wear his Helmet on his head when he try to find a foxhole at the Air Attack near Caen when he was killed and the Helmet have a big hole from a shrapnell so it could be interesting to see the rest of the Helm..
                              Did Peter Witt confirmed that he sold the Helmet to winkler?
                              from the photos provided by Rob so far we see it has a helmet cover, but as it was said, the writting in the lid just doesrnt do it for me....

it can be eassely replicated and if its the helmet he died in, liner would have blood damage...I just dont buy the idea its the helmet he died in...

its definitely not the WITT helmet maybe an original post war added to the group with a facke name in it......

and there is something wierd about the liner..could be facke too......

need better shots of the lid......

I´m gessing ther is a DD M35 undere that camo cover.....

Comment

The wishful thinkers are avoiding this thread...but explaining miracles in this one...http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=409645&page=2

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X