No announcement yet.

Rare SSVT tunic illusion...or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Besslein I know this and I know a few here who have "restored" or made up tunics and some who sold them after restripping them to the dealers to be rebadged again and resold. Its obvious to me but some of the dealers who do this I cannot prove absoloutely they "know" what they are selling so I have not discussed it on the forum...what angers me about it is the non-chalant way people hike up the prices of these items as if they are of historical importance..when in reality they are just reflections . Thay have really hurt this hobby for many years and many more to come. Besslein I know about all the Italian guys and their tunics some do it for enjoyment and some have sold the stuff only for it to be resold without a caveat.

Doc...you think I should cool it an back off now?

Comment

This Sh**t been going on since the end of "45... the only thing that's changed is the

name of the fake peddler. Where there is a market somebody (criminal) going to fill it,

.....always have and always will.

Thanks Johnpic for (re) exposing this cull for those inclined to buy from this "dealer"

__________________________________________________ ____________
      Cheers Steve

Comment

I dont mind original tunics restored with original insignias either but made up stuff sold and represented as real...no.

Comment

Weitze is aware of the forum. I showwed it to him more than
          10 years ago!

Back then, someone complained about a fake he had been
          sold by him and I remember Helmut rejecting everything and
          calling him names...

For a reason I collect mainly documents...

Recently a large photo collector who used to collect uniforms, wrote me something I kept
          remembering: 'I took the money (selling his uniforms) and ran'!

Uniform collecting the worst area of our hobby and there are so many bad
          uniforms in collections, I don't want to know about it.

Comment

If one inspects the thread ..............one can see where flaws are .
            Just like humped up helmet covers ,,,its areal bore .

owen

Comment

I went out of my way to personally meet Helmut when I was in Hamburg and have never had any problems with my purchases from him.

However, I have a certificate of authenticity from him on a cloth item I purchased and now I wonder if that is now toilet paper.

I am disappointed and am left with a bad taste in my mouth. As a collector, this hobby has NEVER been about money to me.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                I was talking about another dealer refered to by another member who is also in Hamburg....and was being sarcastic about it the guy has had allot of Deutschland and Der Fuhrer tunics over the years.

This is not the first time he has sold a put together..the Generals tunic was another and this one he sold me a while back which I dissected to find out what was going on and discovered it was post war assembled..although he claimed at the time he bought it that way from an Italian collector. Some may remember it had East German rank pips with round wire prongs which at the time Mr. Weitze said were wartime pips in the thread I started about it..now deleted on another forum.
                Okay, thank you. I don't have the same grasp on the history of the hobby. And I have a Deutschland tunic, so my blood ran cold for a second.

I love uniforms and consider myself primarily a uniform collector.

Should I switch to Pezz dispensers?

Comment

Kindergarten
                  Erwache!
                  Welcome to the Third Reich collecting

Comment

the uniform collection from kai that he is selling comes out of the netherlands, mr de graaf , one off the greatest crooks in my country.

there are some good items butt many putt together as always.

think twice

tonnie

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42 View Post
                      Kindergarten
                      Erwache!
                      Welcome to the Third Reich collecting
                      Sorry. It's just so shocking to learn people actually add insignia to stripped uniforms!

Comment

Originally posted by Naval Enigma View Post
                        Sorry. It's just so shocking to learn people actually add insignia to stripped uniforms!
                        I heard that in the world there are bad people who even make and sell fakes! N!

Comment

This should be pinned , if anything ever should be, it's this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Weitze, Winkler, etc. they don't give a fake for what people say here.

Comment

Hi,
                              A few months ago I posted a Heer badged SS drill tunic that has never had a Brest eagle on, the amount of offers that i got from dealers was amazing ?if i had sold it I wonder want it would look like now.
                              Merdock

Comment

Crooked dealers...What a shock

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X