No announcement yet.

Rare SSVT tunic illusion...or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what the solution to the problem is. I just think that too many collectors are naïve about how and why so many pristine SS uniforms have surfaced.Mr.Weitze has allot of company over there.He is not the only one.But this incident was cut and dry
    .While others are not and involve more than one dealer. My hope is just to warn colllectors and give them the opportunity to either accept or reject this type of dealing..maybe the dealers will start selling items for what they are
    ..Although I doubt it.

Comment

Bam !

5000 !

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        5000 !
        Right on the money Doc! like you were watching and waiting to pounce!
        LMAO!!!
        Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
          Whatever......
          on another point there are a few here in the forum who slap tunics together for fun like bnz.42 and display them here as if they represent the real thing..but promise they will "never" sell them. A person who does this has a good excuse to defend such actions by a dealer or laugh it off....but there are more serious collectors here as well who know thier stuff about uniforms and how to detect faked throw togethers pretty well...I know some of them do not appreciate the dealing of faked tunics.
          Leave my tunics alone.. I have never "slap-together" a single tunic in my life. All my tunics were sold to me (BTW by well-known "high-end" collectors and dealers) as "untouched" or "partially-restored" with all the insignia already on them (I only added awards). But I live in the "real world" and don't make a huge deal of "restored" uniforms ..like those "collectors" that have neither of them.. so if my tunics are "untouched" - great, if "restored" - great too, as they are "real things", real SS combat uniforms, regardless of your opinion.
          And please be confident - you will not see my uniforms on this forum ever again.

Comment

You added sewn on badges and awards to pristine rare original untouched tunics...?? too bad now they are "touched" .

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=469962 Just a reminder as to your views on the subject.
            Last edited by John Pic; 11-11-2010, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I hate to rain on some parades here but this goes on every day with many US dealers too. Some of the very ones that I have seen people here worship. The dealer gods so to speak. The only reason you don’t see threads on them is because the advanced collectors that know better don’t like to bite the hand that feeds them. God forbid they miss out on the gem rare untouched item they get every once and a while. I have been in conversation with collectors that have very advanced collections and they just laugh it off. You hear “Ya so and so is a douche but he gets killer items every once and a while”. So who is to blame? The idiot who has more money than brains? The guy who keeps his mouth shut so he does not miss out on that great new item the dear has? The guy too lazy to learn the hobby first? The dealer? I think it is a mix of all of the above. JMTC.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                I hate to rain on some parades here but this goes on every day with many US dealers too. Some of the very ones that I have seen people here worship. The dealer gods so to speak. The only reason you don’t see threads on them is because the advanced collectors that know better don’t like to bite the hand that feeds them. God forbid they miss out on the gem rare untouched item they get every once and a while. I have been in conversation with collectors that have very advanced collections and they just laugh it off. You hear “Ya so and so is a douche but he gets killer items every once and a while”. So who is to blame? The idiot who has more money than brains? The guy who keeps his mouth shut so he does not miss out on that great new item the dear has? The guy too lazy to learn the hobby first? The dealer? I think it is a mix of all of the above. JMTC.
                Thats true! Weitze for sure is not the only one we should use for live ammo target practicing! He was just, lets say "too" clumsy in his deeds and hence exposed... And he does have a history. That said, I have bought a few nice original medals from him as well...

Thread is a good alarm clock for everybody what is out there... never buy the dealer or the story but the item... However there are a number of persons out there who does their best to make our lifes hard.

"Money, money, money... Its a rich mans world..."

//Felix

Comment

Yes Weitze has sold some nice things too but since I started watching his site around 2003 Ive seen lots of bad SS tunics come and go..and a couple of good ones.
                  I know the Dealer Gods here have had stripped tunics restored but never revealed this the only reason I know is the people who had them before them..you talk to these guys and hope they will be honest and upfront..sometimes they are when they know you know what youre looking at but allot of times its a game of smoke and mirrors...read the KC thread where one dealer shows another a real High End player a fake KC and he blesses it as original so the other posts it for sale and gets called out on it here...by a forum he is a member of and couldve had it checked out by real pros. When everyone learns who the dealers are they all shut up about it cause you cant tick "God" off and collect Militaria.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                    Yes Weitze has sold some nice things too but since I started watching his site around 2003 Ive seen lots of bad SS tunics come and go..and a couple of good ones.
                    I know the Dealer Gods here have had stripped tunics restored but never revealed this the only reason I know is the people who had them before them..you talk to these guys and hope they will be honest and upfront..sometimes they are when they know you know what youre looking at but allot of times its a game of smoke and mirrors...read the KC thread where one dealer shows another a real High End player a fake KC and he blesses it as original so the other posts it for sale and gets called out on it here...by a forum he is a member of and couldve had it checked out by real pros. When everyone learns who the dealers are they all shut up about it cause you cant tick "God" off and collect Militaria.
                    Yes he has been very "weak" on the uniforms and the headgears... if one should put the words mildly... be he never reached the heights of Mr Kai Winkler... and who knows whom co-operated with whom... Dirty world...

//Felix

Comment

Here is a quick dealer god story and according to many the dealer god of dealer gods. I won’t use details as not to piss off his Kool Aid Kids. I was at a show years ago cant remember if it was the SOS or MAX. This guy had a great very rare tunic I wanted so I started to dicker. He pulls out the visor and some accessories and goes into a huge story how it came from a picker in Germany direct from the family and really would like to sell it as a group. I looked at the visor and it was a fake so I asked “are you sure this was a group?” He asks why. I looked him in the face and said the cap is a fake. Then the story changes to well he got the tunic first and I swear he said he got the cap from the family but I could have misunderstood. Even though I loved the tunic I just walked away and thought what an a-hole. I still laugh at the look in his eyes when I said it was a fake.

Comment

I don't mind buying from dealers, Weitze included, if I know independently the piece is good. That being said, at some point in collecting it's nice to have developed a network of collectors and friends to buy from who don't charge dealer prices. Of course, that does not guarantee originality, the same fact remains, you must know what your buying. Weitze had a wonderful Luft electrically heated channel jacket, which I bought, and having owned two prior sets, they are not hard to distinguish the good from the bad, and the price was realistic, and the condition was top notch. I'm not going to pass up buying something I feel/know is original just because it is from a dealer. That being said, I don't like to see these things happen, but honestly, I've seen it since I was a teenager, 35 plus years ago, and it went on before then. Where people and money are involved, its inevitable....my uncle collected at one point Model T's, now your talking serious money, and I remember the stories he told about collectors/dealers monkeying with things and people.

Comment

No here is a guy that learned from getting ousted on the forum. Not long ago PVL was the topic all too often. Looks like he did a 180. This is the description from one of his caps. Now this is the easiest none detectable restoration. “Erel EM/NCO´s visor cap made of finest doeskin cloth with white wool piping denoting service in Infantry branch. Zink Eagle (have only one prong) and wreath/cocade (Erel type with ventilation) at front as well as EM/NCO´s black leather chintsrap of the Heer vareity with square buckles. Cap came without insignias and chincord so those are attached by us.”

Give the man some credit here.

Comment

pricing

Hello All

Is 9,000 euros a realistic price for the tunic and the cost of the individual pieces of insignia? (some dealer mark up included)

or is 9,000 what a pre may 1945 tunic in this configuration would go for?
                            (from a dealer)

Mike

Comment

Empire

I am waiting to see what a 22k Minimum Reserve Waffen SS Officers JSB Tunic looks like over at Empire Auctions. That should be interesting !

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                I am waiting to see what a 22k Minimum Reserve Waffen SS Officers JSB Tunic looks like over at Empire Auctions. That should be interesting !
                                Me too! Very suspenseful. Interesting that all the uniform item pics are up except for the SS tunics.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X