Rare SSVT tunic illusion...or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bnz. 42 View Post
    Weitze, Winkler, etc. they don't give a fake for what people say here.

I agree;

The "Real" Clients of them are not in our Community; Those are elder, wealthy, solitary Businessmen who nobody knows and nobody Cares. Their Collections are very isolated. They coming to Visit them approximately two times a Year by Appointment wearing 50K or 100K or more in their Pocket, buying complete General or Pilot Aces Groupings with Oak Leaves and Swords and so on... That´s the Truth!

Andy

Comment

Discovery

Oh my goash!

There are fakes and also rebadged ss tunics sold as untouched on the market?

the vast majority of the militaria dealers sell junk or rebadged uniforms ?

what a great discovery!

Comment

Originally posted by Beobachter View Post
        Oh my goash!

There are fakes and also rebadged ss tunics sold as untouched on the market?

the vast majority of the militaria dealers sell junk or rebadged uniforms ?

what a great discovery!

Comment

I have just received an email from Helmut and he asked if I could post it here on the forum.

Dar Graham,

Today I just got a phone call regarding your old SD tunic and the talk about it
          on the forum. I just wanted to give you a briefing about it.

This tunic has been changed into a SS-VT tunic on the wish of a customer, who has purchased all the fitting insignia from us . The photos were made for the customer to show him, how the tunic looked like, after the restauration. During that time I was on the Militaria Show in Milan. Unfortunately the photographer released the photos for our update, no knowing, that the tunic was sold already.
          I actually didn´t control the 850 pieces , which appeared in our weekly update,
          while I was in Italy. I am sorry for the irritation, it was not my intention to
          offer this tunic on our site as original. The price of EUR 9000,-- was the price
          for the customer: a addition of tunic and insignia. As we both know, an original
          untouched tunic would be much much more expensive. By the way: the SD insignia, which were on the tunic, when I purchased it from you, didn´t belong to the tunic either. We still have the SD raute from you, which we will mail over still today.

It would be nice, if you could post my comment on the forum.

Best regards from Hamburg,

Helmut Weitze
          Neuer Wall 18, 2. St.
          20354 Hamburg
          Germany

phone Germany / 40 / 35 27 61
          fax Germany / 40 / 35 35 63

Comment

...it was not my intention to
            offer this tunic on our site as original

....Unfortunately.... the photographer....

Seems this case is closed ?

Comment

Originally posted by g hanson View Post
              ...This tunic has been changed into a SS-VT tunic on the wish of a customer, who has purchased all the fitting insignia from us . The photos were made for the customer to show him, how the tunic looked like, after the restauration. During that time I was on the Militaria Show in Milan. Unfortunately the photographer released the photos for our update, no knowing, that the tunic was sold already. [/COLOR][/I]
              offer this tunic on our site as original. The price of EUR 9000,-- was the price
              for the customer: a addition of tunic and insignia. As we both know, an original
              untouched tunic would be much much more expensive. By the way: the SD insignia, which were on the tunic, when I purchased it from you, didn´t belong to the tunic either. We still have the SD raute from you, which we will mail over still today.

Fire that photographer; back to business as usual!

B. N. Singer

Comment

Sounds like a reasonable explanation and, oh yeah, pigs can fly! I'm sorry but I'm noy buying it.

Thanks,
                G

Originally posted by g hanson View Post
                I have just received an email from Helmut and he asked if I could post it here on the forum.

Dar Graham,

Today I just got a phone call regarding your old SD tunic and the talk about it
                on the forum. I just wanted to give you a briefing about it.

This tunic has been changed into a SS-VT tunic on the wish of a customer, who has purchased all the fitting insignia from us . The photos were made for the customer to show him, how the tunic looked like, after the restauration. During that time I was on the Militaria Show in Milan. Unfortunately the photographer released the photos for our update, no knowing, that the tunic was sold already.

Helmut Weitze
                Neuer Wall 18, 2. St.
                20354 Hamburg
                Germany

phone Germany / 40 / 35 27 61
                fax Germany / 40 / 35 35 63

Comment

See everyone it wasn't his fault. We can delete this thread, problem solved just kidding

What a crock, he knows damn well he was busted, and is scrambling to save his A$$

Comment

tunic

Originally posted by Kreager View Post
                    See everyone it wasn't his fault. We can delete this thread, problem solved just kidding

What a crock, he knows damn well he was busted, and is scrambling to save his A$$
                    and no doubt all will be hushed over soon

Comment

Ahhh, this is so funny.

And who did the 'item description' for this custom job if not Helmut
                      himself? And why also an 'item description' if this was a custom job? His employees surely not. They can not take a single decision
                      without Helmut's blessing.

Well, at least we now know that Weitze does these kind of restauration 'jobs.'

I asked them once to restore something, when at their shop based on the
                      offer made to my friend and they declined, not doing such things...now they do?

Helmut being an ex-banker should have better decided to 'no comment.'

Now it's only worse...

Comment

Whatever......in the military the drill instructer would say the maximum range of an excuse is 0.0 meters.

on another point there are a few here in the forum who slap tunics together for fun like bnz.42 and display them here as if they represent the real thing..but promise they will "never" sell them. A person who does this has a good excuse to defend such actions by a dealer or laugh it off....but there are more serious collectors here as well who know thier stuff about uniforms and how to detect faked throw togethers pretty well...I know some of them do not appreciate the dealing of faked tunics.

Comment

An entire description written and photographs taken to illustrate said description. All verified, checked ,censored for legality and duly uploaded in total error. What an unfortunate chain of events...

As a general observation, there are times when i relect on threads such as this and they display a perfect microcosm of the oft vaunted ( yet sadly lacking) 'collector community'.

As collectors we are all free to view past incidents and form opinions, i would hope some are forming or being reinforced now. Sadly, as a 'community', unless there is a clear sea-change in attitudes to collecting and suspect behaviour is still excused with a blind eye turned to events and practices because collectors are busy chasing the next EK,Soldbuch,cap,cuff-title fix,then depressingly all the forum and keyboard outrage here will make no discernable difference at all.

The often repeated mantra that as long as you know what you are doing, everything will be fine has essentially created the monsters you see before you.

It creates an environment in which such things thrive.

I would imagine that the collector base outside venues such as these is considerably larger than any fora. Should members wish to stop practices they find abhorrent, you have to stop dealing directly with those that perform them.

Nothing other than fiscal pressure will even register to them.

Cease buying from those who transgress, And inform all those you know who are outside the internet bubble we inhabit of events.

It'll never happen of course....the sickness is too advanced. And the cycle continues, despite the commendable efforts of a few to publically take a stance and inform.
                          Last edited by Patrick Dempsey; 11-11-2010, 09:57 AM. Reason: typo and clarity.

Comment

That response was a frickin joke. What a POS.

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                              Fire that photographer; back to business as usual!

B. N. Singer

....Yes indeed!! That's the way it usually goes.

Glenn
                              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Lame, lame lame. PLEASE pin this thread and the one on the General's tunic.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X