X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMP View Post
    Wonderful group, Rob !
    Originally posted by wags View Post
    An amazing and rare grouping. Best I've seen. Congrats Rob!

Regards,
    -wagner-
    Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
    IMHO i think this was the start of all misunderstooding. Rob wants to share his great find in his enthousiasme. First the assault wrapper was showed and afterwards the named documents. The soldier of the documents was in the Wiking and the wrapper had a Wiking cufftitle so the "link" was easily laid by other people.

The portrait was partly retouched and started the discussion if it was the same wrapper.

Rob, thanks for posting this very nice documents grouping and the wrapper pictures. A lot of Dutch men joined this division, so consider yourself lucky with this very interesting documents and assault wrap

Thanks for sharing

best regards

Erwin

Thanks guys !

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
      I know my eyes are old and tired, but the collar tab placement sure looks different to me. Obviously, the camera angles are just playing tricks on my eyes.

Bob Hritz
      I agree .

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Seeing-Eye Dog?, I want a Seeing-Eye Stripper, but would she take me in the right direction? Would she find me the perfect Stug. Wrap? To Stug. or not to Stug., that is.....
        the question ?

Comment

Hi everyone , I think this thread has come to an end , at least for me it has .
          I would like to thank all for their support and input , I think that trough this thread I found collectors that share the same passion as me (some of them )
          and I was very pleased to see people showing their support and help .
          Thanks again !

Greetings from Holland , Rob.

Comment

Your right, let sleeping dogs lie. These lads were up to their eyeballs in s h i t, right until the bitter end. Congrats on a super find.

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
              Hi everyone , I think this thread has come to an end , at least for me it has .
              Greetings from Holland , Rob.
              Thanks again for the opportunity to see your item and for the very interesting thread. And greetings to you from the “windy city”; and if you ever plan to be there (Chicago), bring the jacket along and look me up so that some suspicions can be put to rest.

B. N. Singer

Comment

You guys never rest in your little games plant the subtle seed of doubt so it doesnt disturb too much...pot stirring as an art form.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                  You guys never rest in your little games plant the subtle seed of doubt so it doesnt disturb too much...pot stirring as an art form.
                  "You guys"? No one is trying to disturb anyone; least of all you, chief. I would just like the opportunity to see better/detailed pictures to judge if the base garment is Original. Why is that stirring the pot? Don’t you think it would be to the advantage of everyone to know? After all, if it is not Original, then it is a very convincing reproduction and the collecting community should be aware.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                    Thanks again for the opportunity to see your item and for the very interesting thread. And greetings to you from the “windy city”; and if you ever plan to be there (Chicago), bring the jacket along and look me up so that some suspicions can be put to rest.

B. N. Singer
                    after your panzer pow episode can you please tell me why this wrap needs your !! final blessing so far all you have said is expletives thinking about it thats all that you ever say . but since you say its in the best interest of the collecting community please tell us the pros and cons of this piece please. o buy the way you have all ready told me before (i don't know what i am looking at ) so here i am to learn .

Comment

Originally posted by judas View Post
                      after your panzer pow episode can you please tell me why this wrap needs your !! final blessing so far all you have said is expletives thinking about it thats all that you ever say . but since you say its in the best interest of the collecting community please tell us the pros and cons of this piece please. o buy the way you have all ready told me before (i don't know what i am looking at ) so here i am to learn .
                      If additional pictures were to be posted, perhaps we all could learn. That’s what you want, to learn, correct? I know that’s all I am interested in doing. And it would not necessarily be me to pass any judgment on the garment; there are many others equally capable of doing that given sufficient, detailed pictures are available.

B. N. Singer

Comment

I've been following this thread with interest. I think most would agree that it contains the best and worse of what this forum has to offer.

The best would be the attitude of Rob who has been incredibly cool about:
                        1. Posting these things for us all to look at.
                        2. Showing a hell of a lot of composure in the face of some pretty hardcore scepticism of the wrapper along with a lot of ramblings posts slagging each other off that have nothing to do with him or the garment. To make it clear, that would be the worst part of it all.

I find it astonishing that after so many pages of posts, it seems to me that the main reason for doubting this wrap is that it doesn't match the one in the highly re-touched photo. What has that got to do with anything? Unless I missed something, no one ever claimed it was the same wrap!?
                        So where does that leave us? there has not been any attempt to examine the wrap in detail via addtional photos. No one had even mentioned the need for that apart from Bryon today but of course he got a kick in the teeth for that and for a totaly unrelated matter.

As a novice uniform collector, I have learn't absolutely nothing useful from this thread in regards to authenticating wrappers.

Prehaps if this whole thread had been handled differently, Rob would have been quite willing to post detailed photos for us all to see, analyse, discuss and learn from. As it is, I don't blame him for not wanting to participate any longer. After all, it is only him and him alone that needs to feel comfortable with this wrap. I doubt he will ever post anything like this again on this forum after what has happened here. It's made me think twice as well but to be honest, I was already of that mind set. It's just not worth all the aggravation these days.

Comment

Hi,
                          Well said Ben ,i like your input far too often people come along and after only a short time in collecting something set themselves up as experts you are one of the first that i have seen that has just started on the uniform road and has not become a self proclaimed God ,keep up the good standards.
                          Merdock

Comment

Well, as they said in "A Few Good Men": Truth?, you can't handle the truth!

There are a lot of really good experts on uniforms among our forum members. There are obviously questions about this wrap that haven't been resolved amongst all the praise and accolades over this group. The documents are superb, but there is something fishy, or maybe nothing at all, about the warp that was sold with this document group. You have the opportunity to have this piece carefully scrutinized and the truth revealed, whatever that is. That is exactly what happened with the SS officer panzer wrap, and we are all a bit wiser from that exercise.

So, you have a decision, go the ostrich route, bury your head in the sand and be contented with your ignorance over the piece, or take detailed photos of the things in question and learn the sad or happy truth. Either way, you will feel better if you do because the truth will set you free!

Tom

Comment

This has been one of the best threads in ages .
                              Thanks for posting your awsome jacket and assorted items .
                              owen

Comment

"something fishy, or maybe nothing at all"

Please.... tell us your thoughts.... don't hold back.

Originally posted by tgn View Post
                                Well, as they said in "A Few Good Men": Truth?, you can't handle the truth!

There are a lot of really good experts on uniforms among our forum members. There are obviously questions about this wrap that haven't been resolved amongst all the praise and accolades over this group. The documents are superb, but there is something fishy, or maybe nothing at all, about the warp that was sold with this document group. You have the opportunity to have this piece carefully scrutinized and the truth revealed, whatever that is. That is exactly what happened with the SS officer panzer wrap, and we are all a bit wiser from that exercise.

So, you have a decision, go the ostrich route, bury your head in the sand and be contented with your ignorance over the piece, or take detailed photos of the things in question and learn the sad or happy truth. Either way, you will feel better if you do because the truth will set you free!

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X