SS Panzer Grouping .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob,

From the close-up you posted I can see why it would seem like a painting. It has been heavily retouched. Underneath all the touch up there is a photograph. I understand trying to photograph the wrap, as I had all the same problems trying to duplicate my photograph. It definitely used up a whole lot of time. It clearly shows that the rune tab was completely out of focus, so the studio or photographer just painted the runes in. I have a hunch the EKII ribbon was the same way.

Richard

Comment

This seems to be one of very few untuched Stug wrappers known

DeMil

Comment

I believe this is the wrap in the photo. The photo has been period retouched, which is very common. Rob's photo and the new scan of the original photo come pretty darn close. With a few tweaks and lots of time you could probably get the exact same pose, but I believe this is close enough. You can download them and do a side by side comparison on your desktop...or Hardigan can make one of his fine side by side photos (sorry about my mistaken credit, I was rushing to get all the posts up and goofed).

The defense rests.

Richard
        Attached Files

Comment

2. Rob's photo.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Richard P; 02-02-2010, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
            I believe this is the wrap in the photo.... come pretty darn close.
            The defense rests.

Richard
            Look at the hook placement, etc. Man that don’t look close to my half blind eyes.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
              Look at the hook placement, etc. Man that don’t look close to my half blind eyes.

B. N. Singer
              Look , I really dont care if it is the one in the painting , or retouched photo.
              I am happy with it , and its 10000% reall , They used to have more then only one uniform .

You , on the other hand , it seems that you have some kind of agenda to try and destroy my item .

But lets talk about you and your integrity , it was YOU that sold somebody a FAKE WRAPPER some time ago !!!
              Should we get into that happening ???

I NEVER said it was the same wrapper , and I really dont give a f****** F*** if it was !!

For me this thread can be closed , and this will be the last RARE item of my collection that I will post .

So , just let me be in my own "little world" with my wrapper .

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
                Look , I really dont care if it is the one in the painting , or retouched photo.
                I am happy with it , and its 10000% reall , They used to have more then only one uniform .

You , on the other hand , it seems that you have some kind of agenda to try and destroy my item .

But lets talk about you and your integrity , it was YOU that sold somebody a FAKE WRAPPER some time ago !!!

I NEVER said it was the same wrapper , and I really dont give a f****** F*** if it was !!

For me this thread can be closed , and this will be the last RARE item of my collection that I will post .

Well spoken!

Comment

i often see people destroy a perfect item cause there is a bit of frustration when someone has such a nice score

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post

Touchy are you?

But you were content to go along for pages and allow people to think it was the same; that was just fine was it not?

And, no sir I did not.

B. N. Singer
                    Last edited by B. N. Singer; 02-02-2010, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Don't worry Rob as your not alone, there are plenty of others to keep you company. Each one also in their own "little worlds" with regards to these SS tunics.

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post

B. N. Singer
                        No doubt you are right there, Mr. Singer!

BUT! If we just leave the question if it´s the same tunic as in the old photo or not, what is it that´s wrong with the tunic, in your opinion?

Comment

The wrapper is just not the one in the photo..All we are saying is that they are both just too close,insignia placement,rank pip placement and so on.

Now I don't see that as trying to cause trouble but I do however see it as trying to help,as the jacket may have been stripped of insignia (several were of course, and some found in factories with no insignia) and resewn to look exactly like the one in the period photograph.

I/we see this sort of thing all the time (match the tunic to the photograph) and we are just warning the owner to be cautious (as it could have been sold as the one in the photo) it is certainly not trying to cause trouble as far as I am concerned as perhaps it was overlooked.

Regardless,SS assault gun wrappers are rare and Rob should be happy with it,I know I would be.

Glenn
                          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                            No doubt you are right there, Mr. Singer!

BUT! If we just leave the question if it´s the same tunic as in the old photo or not, what is it that´s wrong with the tunic, in your opinion?
                            Sir,

I have been asked my opinion about the wraparound itself (with and without insignias) in several PM’s and emails. In each case, my answer has been, that from the pictures provided there is nothing glaring that strikes me as being wrong. That being said, however, much better pictures would be needed in order to be more certain.

With regards,
                            B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by billcarson View Post
                              Don't worry Rob as your not alone, there are plenty of others to keep you company. Each one also in their own "little worlds" with regards to these SS tunics.
                              Hey Bill , it sounds that you have some great knowledge on these things .
                              However , when I read back your posts the ONLY thing that you do , is to irritate people with your comments .
                              Why dont you post some of your rare items here , so we could see them.

Its easy to stand from the side and give comments , are you a Football- reporter ???

People like you are the reason why alot of people dont post their items.

You should stick with your BINOCOLARS , your better of there .

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                                He served in the Aufklärungsabteilung, which had 5 companies + staff, so the number is not a unit number.
                                By the way, this detail sorted, of course excellent Wrap and rare paper grouping of a courageous front line soldier!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X