No announcement yet.

Yule Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the birthdate of a son of a WSS officer..

Is that a plate that August Dieckmann shot at ??

Comment

Originally posted by Jens View Post

Is that a plate that August Dieckmann shot at ??
      I wondered about those "holes" too, looks like words next to each hole,

I may have photos of Dieckmann himself, including an SS ceremony, but due to underhanded doings of waf members here lately, I dont know if I will be posting photos much in the future.

Comment

Did you post something that someone copied Michael?

Comment

plate

Jens asked me:
          Did you post something that someone copied Michael?

My answer: yes and no, it is a long story.
          But back to the plate...could it be a SS marksmanship commemorative plate?

-Michael

Comment

Not a plate but a paper target. These kinds of wildlife targets are still used in competitions in Germany and Austria.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
              Not a plate but a paper target. These kinds of wildlife targets are still used in competitions in Germany and Austria.

Cheers, Ade.
              That is paper?
              I sure could not tell, in the old days they must have used some very thick paper stock.
              thanks for the info.
              -Michael

Comment

Hi Michael, well painted or printed paper or card Might be pasted to something too, but you get the general idea

Cheers, Ade.

PS: I forgot to say congrats to everyone for some fantastic display in this thread.

Comment

Hello Adrian,

in Germany this is called in general a Schützenscheibe - still today when in villages are Schützenfeste from the local Schützenvereine and Bruderschaften the winner is the Schützenkönig and such a plate like Diekmann´s shown here will be nailed onto the front wall of his house so that everybody knows that a Schützenkönig lives in there - quite an old tradition and still in use!

Comment

Originally posted by Jens View Post
                    The "Heinrich" plaque is shown with the Toten Rune. That usually indicates a death. In the SS, this rune was sometimes incorporated into gravemarkers, or in presentation documents as shorthand for "died", so I'm assuming the same here.

I'd really like to see a close up of those plaques if possible Uscha.
                    Last edited by Mr. Scratch; 12-07-2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

life and Totenrune

Originally posted by Mr. Scratch View Post
                      The "Heinrich" plaque is shown with the Toten Rune. That usually indicates a death. In the SS, this rune was sometimes incorporated into gravemarkers, or in presentation documents as shorthand for "died", so I'm assuming the same here.

I'd really like to see a close up of those plaques if possible Uscha.
                      Yes, I agree upside down Man rune is the death rune, but there is also counterpoised the man alive rune....still could be a commemorative carving or a symbol of a deeper meaning that was the core of their faith, or both meanings at the same time. I suspect the latter to be the case.
                      -Michael

Comment

Hello gentlemen and collectors,

I think the best is to ask Mr. Kris Lindblom - who started this thread with proudly showing a very rare and special tapestry which he bought from me!

Maybe he is the one who is able to explain for all of us here the meanings of runes which were in use within the SS in general and in specific and which decorate that very interesting and rare Sippentruhe (can be translated with: familychest) which Uscha shows us here - thank you again for sharing and showing your pics here, Uscha!

And perhaps Mr. Lindblom will do us the favour and shows us all here the real reason packed onby why he tries to slander my name on his website all over the place?

Since this is really a serious matter in general and in specific he should do it here in public and in this collector community so that we know the real background and the total truth about this ruthless behaviour against me in person - remember such an attack may happen in future to other members here as well.

And maybe other well-known and reliable members here like Robin Lumsden can add their experiences with me and personal opinion about me as well.

I love and enjoy this forum and I want to feel comfortable and share valuable infos here but I do not like personal attacks like Mr. Lindblom - who is a member here as well as I am and all of you - shows them on his website!

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Here's my 'pathetic' input to this great thread!

This was an early Christmas present off Santa. Unfortunately, it is an 'unwanted' present and would be better suited going to a more loving home. After all, a candle is not just for christmas!! This will be offered for sale on the e-stand shortly.

May I just say a big thank you to Thorsten B for his help and guidance regarding this candle.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pic 2
                            Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3
                              Attached Files

Comment

Not as nicely named as Michaels piece....but named nonetheless.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X