Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post
    one day this will be more of a perminant setup but enjoy
    Tony what is the SS book on the right of the songbook?
    nice grouping of the flower motifific jul plates..they look good...very light-hearted and peaceful images.
    By the way Tony I have been working on mine.
    -Michael
    Last edited by Michael Fay; 11-28-2008, 09:32 PM. Reason: missspellings

Comment

Very nice. Can't get away with that in my house. If I could, believe me I would. Keep us posted when you are finished.

Comment

Hello Tony,

seriously lovely and fine pieces - especially the books are hard to get.
        Sometimes they pop up - you are lucky!

Best from Germany!

Comment

furniture

Does anybody have any period pictures of furniture made under SS authority ? or should I say standard patterns , I remember seeing some pieces made in Dachau on one of the Forums awhile back but have had no luck in locating this source?
          jim toncar

Comment

Hello Jim,

yes, I have pictures of furniture made under SS authority.
            What are you looking for?
            Just let me know - I am pretty sure I can help...

Comment

furniture

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              Hello Jim,

yes, I have pictures of furniture made under SS authority.
              What are you looking for?
              Just let me know - I am pretty sure I can help...
              Hi Thorsten,
              I would like to see anything they made for sale in furniture , small tables etc, thanks ,if you need my email just let me know
              jim

Comment

Jim,

actually I have problems with uploading pics here.

Maybe you or somebody else can help with a description how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                  Tony what is the SS book on the right of the songbook?
                  nice grouping of the flower motifific jul plates..they look good...very light-hearted and peaceful images.
                  By the way Tony I have been working on mine.
                  -Michael
                  michael both book are song books one is a hard covered book im guessing 36 and after the other is in my opinion a early song book. it has a soft cover. the only reason i am assuming its eaerly because the drawings in it are similiar to the ones in a nsdap liederbuch i have that was published in 33, i am adding another song book, there was one of the soft covers that was up for auction the only thing though if i remember right they wanted a lot for it or it was in horrible condition i cant remember

Comment

pictures

Thorsten, I sent you a private email.
                    jim

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post
                      michael both book are song books one is a hard covered book im guessing 36 and after the other is in my opinion a early song book. it has a soft cover. the only reason i am assuming its eaerly because the drawings in it are similiar to the ones in a nsdap liederbuch i have that was published in 33, i am adding another song book, there was one of the soft covers that was up for auction the only thing though if i remember right they wanted a lot for it or it was in horrible condition i cant remember
                      thanks Tony,
                      like to see some more of it sometime.
                      Michael

Comment

This table/wall banner from the Frankfurt a.Main SS Reserve has an inscription on it relating to 'Weihnachten 1933'......................

I wonder if it's some sort of 'early julfest' decoration.

Frankfurt was Weitzel's territory and he was the originator of a lot of these ceremonies.

There's a name on the banner............'H. Mages'.

The back has a large sunwheel swastika.

Just a thought.

I've had this thing for years and it never dawned until now that the 'Weihnachten' inscription might be more significant than it first appeared.

I always thought it was just some sort of unofficial family made thing.
                        Attached Files

Comment

"Frankfurt was Weitzel´s territory..."

NOT KORREKT!

Frankfurt am Main (2. SS-Standarte "Hessen") within the Oberabschnitt "Fulda-Werra" (not "West"!) - belonged to Obergruppenführer Erbprinz Josias zu Waldeck-Pyrmont.

Comment

SS holiday tie in

putting aside what involvement Weitzel may have had or had not, a 1933 Weihnacht SS banner is surely a good candidate for a Julfest, or an earlier proto version of such an event . We know there were more than one heretical/pagan stream(not only Weitzel) of inspiration that influenced the SS and Himmler. Early SS may have still considered Rosenberg's theory of an Aryan Jesus as an appealing enough reason to celebrate his birth.
                            No matter what, it does show the desire to inculcate the Winter holidays directly into the thick of the SS.
                            -Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                              "Frankfurt was Weitzel´s territory..."
                              I meant he was born there and so had a life-long affinity with the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                                A 1933 Weihnacht SS banner is surely a good candidate for an earlier proto version of such an event .
                                I think so too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X