No announcement yet.

Yule Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Kris and an early happy Julefest to you!

Comment

jul fest

very nice and cozy little corner you have there Vid. I just happen to be working on my own version .I wonder what you still need.?..as depending on what you want could be about 4 different items...but one or two items will be tough to find anywhere and another will not be cheap,bad economy or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
        very nice and cozy little corner you have there Vid. I just happen to be working on my own version .I wonder what you still need.?..as depending on what you want could be about 4 different items...but one or two items will be tough to find anywhere and another will not be cheap,bad economy or not.

Hello Michael,

I need a couple items here to make this right, the songbook is wrong and should be using a family guide, the cap is not needed but I bought it home and it fit well with the setup. But your right, there are several items I could use for a centerpiece and will have to wait till one shows up but many times they are not recognized so maybe I will get lucky there. But the main item is the chest, and I know that will be difficult, and its not going to be in the U.S.

If you have anything Michael let me know as I kind of started this on the Teppich, the Julleuchter was in the market and perfect for me and had the book. But now? Its a mission to have a proper Corner with all.

Kind Regards,

Kris Lindblom

Comment

Looks real cosy!

Comment

Originally posted by Vid View Post
            Hello Michael,

I need a couple items here to make this right, the songbook is wrong and should be using a family guide, the cap is not needed but I bought it home and it fit well with the setup. But your right, there are several items I could use for a centerpiece and will have to wait till one shows up but many times they are not recognized so maybe I will get lucky there. But the main item is the chest, and I know that will be difficult, and its not going to be in the U.S.

If you have anything Michael let me know as I kind of started this on the Teppich, the Julleuchter was in the market and perfect for me and had the book. But now? Its a mission to have a proper Corner with all.

Kind Regards,

Kris Lindblom
            Vid,
            Yes, I was mostly emphasizing the chest.
            For me I have solved that problem by being OK without a "authentic" chest. As of now I am personally refurbishing an old and suitable looking dresser I picked up for 20 bucks at a charity thrift store. After all authentic photos of actual example SS chests have little or no ornamentation...yet those sold as such in the last few years are full of ornamental embellishments and excessivly expensive. This possible fakery+ cost has left too much of a bad taste in my mouth to even try to get one said to be "authentic. "

As you and I said...there are a few other items. But that will be perhaps for another day to elucidate on

Comment

Vid,
              Yes, I was mostly emphasizing the chest.
              For me I have solved that problem by being OK without a "authentic" chest. As of now I am personally refurbishing an old and suitable looking dresser I picked up for 20 bucks at a charity thrift store. After all authentic photos of actual example SS chests have little or no ornamentation...yet those sold as such in the last few years are full of ornamental embellishments and excessively expensive. This possible fakery+ cost has left too much of a bad taste in my mouth to even try to get one said to be "authentic. "

As you and I said...there are a few other items. But that will be perhaps for another day to elucidate on
              Michael,

These would appear to be generic yet embellished, so I would be willing to sacrifice for the right piece. I certainly do not want to see some overdone piece with attributes that make too much of the piece. But from what I can see these were rather mundane. So?? I will wait and see what happens and my days of having to have something right this moment have passed and I will strike when I feel good about a piece.

The other items as you know pop up here and there and can be had reasonably I believe. I will know when I see that piece as well, and pick my price and hope to get it. But for now this will do.

Kind Regards,

Kris Lindblom

Comment

hello friends
                here is my yule corner.hope you like it.
                regards
                uscha
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Uscha View Post
                  hello friends
                  regards
                  uscha
                  That looks nice, what s the wooden plate?

Best,

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Uscha View Post
                    hello friends
                    regards
                    uscha
                    Very interesting Uscha!
                    I would like to know and see more about the wood bowl and the mysterious wooden box(?) that is too dark for me to see in the photo.
                    Thanks,
                    Michael

Comment

I would like to know and see more about the wood bowl and the mysterious wooden box.
                      Me too!
                      Attached Files

Comment

hello
                        the plate and the box are not original.the both are gifts for my married from a friend.but they are very nice works.tomorrow i make better pictures of this.
                        regards
                        uscha

Comment

Hello

Very very nice, a look-like tapestry like yours is shown on the period picture published by Ulric of England on the SS Family book translation.

You know your s**t, my friend!

Best Regards

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                            Hello

Very very nice, a look-like tapestry like yours is shown on the period picture published by Ulric of England on the SS Family book translation.

You know your s**t, my friend!

Best Regards
                            T.K,

Appreciate the kind words, I am fortunate enough to have several other members who know these items very well and to whom I can seek opinions if I struggle with a piece and they are also the source of much information that is gathered.

Kind Regards,

Kris Lindblom

Comment

Oh yes - I know my s**t.

Comment

one day this will be more of a perminant setup but enjoy
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X