Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemmy of Motörhead is no "Nazi". I started to listen to his music 28 years ago. He also used to play with Hawkwind before Motörhead. Lemmy is a down to earth guy who is very respected among music colleges and he likes to have fun. Lemmy is on stage as he is in private. He does not hide or pretend. He never harm people.

Back in the early 80s when i saw them live, there were newspapers that were more interested in his facial vorts than anything else and called him ugly. No one used the word "Nazi" as far as i can recall. Today it is not political correct to call someone ugly, but it is perfectly ok to call someone "Nazi". It is enough to bring home a modell kit of a Messersmith 109 (which no longer comes with any swastikas in the kit) and you are "Nazi".

Lemmy is one of the last from the 1970 era which still play on stage for fun. Rock 'n' Roll fans all over the world love him for what he is. 50 years from now will Lemmy be gone and so will the invetigators and judges that are all over him. The difference is that Lemmy will be remembered. The political correct people "Lemmy your a Nazy. Stop that silly man" will be forgotten.

Peter
    Last edited by Peter Wiking; 08-02-2008, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Interesting thread. For those of you who might not be aware of Ms. Sontag's work, here is a link to 'Fascinating Fascism', a rather good read:

http://www.anti-rev.org/textes/Sontag74a/

"The color is black, the material is leather, the seduction is beauty, the justification is honesty, the aim is ecstasy, the fantasy is death."

Comment

Lemmy came down and rode around in our Hetzer. Footage should be in the movie about him.

Comment

His collecting interest is mostly daggers

Among the best, tightest, live bands for energy, they make my Top 5 bands list

Comment

Lemmy also use to wear an Anti-Partisan Badge on his leather biker vest....

Comment

The use of historical pieces as stage props is a total lack of respect for history. The fact that these guys have the money to buy TR memorabilia in truckloads doesn't make them look "cool" to me, they are still people who badly need a shower and a short haircut. A loaded drunk is still a drunk the fact they have huge collections doesn't make them knowledgeable on the subject I bet they know more on beer brands than on WWII history and the TR...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Comment

Originally posted by Krieg777 View Post
                The use of historical pieces as stage props is a total lack of respect for history. The fact that these guys have the money to buy TR memorabilia in truckloads doesn't make them look "cool" to me, they are still people who badly need a shower and a short haircut. A loaded drunk is still a drunk the fact they have huge collections doesn't make them knowledgeable on the subject I bet they know more on beer brands than on WWII history and the TR...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Agree with your comment,but i still love Lemmy to Death he one cool cat and the fact that he is wearing SS staff on stage just shows that he has a great taste

Comment

Lemmy IS cool. (period).

I say, if it fits, you own it, and want to wear it.....then wear it. (but try not to spill beer on it or let the cherry fall out of the joint to burn a hole on it....because there is going to be a subsequent owner eventually).

Jp

Comment

If he was wearing a MOH on stage there will be people threatening to kill him ... I don't think it's a matter of "taste" ... that "cool" stuff was earned by men that suffered on the battlefield.
                    It's a kind of sub-culture that I don't understand, wearing make-up, tights and growing hair down to the butt is "kick-ass" as wearing oversize XXXXL clothes and your pants down showing your butt is "bad-ass" ... We make fun of guys wearing speedos just because there's no band wearing them on stage ... yet ...

Comment

If he was wearing a MOH on stage there will be people threatening to kill him ... I don't think it's a matter of "taste" ... that "cool" stuff was earned by men that suffered on the battlefield.
                      It's a kind of sub-culture that I don't understand, wearing make-up, tights and growing hair down to the butt is "kick-ass" as wearing oversize XXXXL clothes and your pants down showing your butt is "bad-ass" ... We make fun of guys wearing speedos just because there's no band wearing them on stage ... yet ...
                      Krieg,its a rock n roll thing most rockers love TR uniforms,insignia helmets and more simply because its awesome design, many people collect TR because of that well i am one of them i only collect because i am in love of they design,when i need to learn about history i dont need any uniforms or other to know what happened i only look on actual events and for me this is the most important facts of history.

About oversized t shirts for me its ugly just tasteless IMO.

The rest weird image or rock stars i understand, imagine if people on stage would look plain like everybody else it would be boring its an entertainment thing.

On the end its all about music and no matter what you put on yourself will not make a difference if you are bad musician,but when people go to shows they like to be entertained.

kind regards,

Eddie

PS what is MOH ?

Comment

Wise up , if you dont get it .......then you never will .
                        You are seriously mixing up styles here.
                        Lemmy was wearing TR items probably before you were even collecting .
                        owen

Comment

Oh Man... ppl are more serious about R'n'R than history here ...
                          MOH=Medal of Honor

It's the approach that counts, this stuff shouldn't be used as a Fashion Statement and the time somebody has been "collecting" doesn't mean anything in this case Kammo

The fact is that this guys, with the exposure they get because of their lifestyle bring the TR collecting world under a even more bad light, we're already labeled as Neo Nazis, freaks, weirdos etc... and this rockers acting stupid don't help. It's not a scholar or a History teacher that makes it on the news it's the crazy cool 64 years old drunk rocker that does.

Keep Rockin'

Comment

Oh Man... ppl are more serious about R'n'R than history here ...
                            MOH=Medal of Honor

,................... we're already labeled as Neo Nazis, freaks, weirdos etc... and this rockers acting stupid don't help. It's not a scholar or a History teacher that makes it on the news it's the crazy cool 64 years old drunk rocker that does. ...............
                            But Lemmy's not a Neo-Nazi, and niether are we, I hope.
                            As far as "freaks, and wierdos" goes, who cares what people think about you?. Those two labels are completely relative and subjective terms. Most "nutjobs" that use those labels against people are the real "freaks, and wierdos"....in my opinion.

If one is not promoting hate and/or Nazism, then there is not a problem to wear it around town.(in my opinion). There are plenty of t-shirts and other things that people wear and display that I find offensive, do I demand that they remove it?...NO.

Freedom of expression, as long as it does not promote hatred.
                            Jp

Comment

Lemmy wears TR items in the same way Hells Angels wore these items , 1960s California surf punks wore items ,and last but not least punks wore them .
                              Fashion.........

777 ,
                              what respect for history did the Nazis have when they bombed Belfast in 1941 .
                              When they bombed London during September 41 ,not to mention the whole of Europe ?
                              None , no respect.
                              Russia was shown no mercy.
                              Neither was the people of Malta.
                              All these places are more rich in history than a made in 1933 dagger,a SS ring ,a camouflage helmet cover or an old tunic.
                              Now Lemmy is an English man who was on thew winning side and no doubt the wearing of TR items in England in 1977 was considered cool.
                              It has the look , your parents went tut tut tut if you messed about with any of this old stuff.
                              Go to you tube and check out any Spike Milligian .
                              He was a British comedian who poked fun at Hitler all the time.
                              Its real funny .
                              Also check out Basil Faulty in Faulty Towers ......Dont mention the War ....
                              Also funny .
                              We take the Germans with a pinch of salt as well as the war ......you know why ...cuz we fought them and beat them.
                              Now if you want to worship at the alter of the Third Reich well go ahead ...its a free country but my friend wearing of an enemy award like Lemmy does goes deeper than you think.
                              So like it or lump it old German pieces of metal are just old pieces of plundered war stuff .
                              Respect , you are funny .

owen

Comment

YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH Rock'n'Roll Never Dies!!!!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X