a lot of Allach looking for opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a lot of Allach looking for opinions

Hi there, I hope that I am putting this into the right forum?? I have been offered a fair bit of Allach at the appropriate price...I am interested in getting it, but I suspect that there must already be a lot of fakes out there.... any opinions on this are more than welcome and will be greatfully received...Cheers and thanks, Torsten.

first up is antire setting by Allach Bohemia....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by torstenbel; 12-11-2006, 10:34 AM.

marking under one of the plates from the setting...
    Attached Files

Comment

then there are a couple of individual piece for which I have only been sent one photo each. The seller tells me that these are a mixture of Allach Bavaria and Allach Bohemia pieces...

first up a candle stick
      Attached Files

Comment

a vase
        Attached Files

Comment

an ashtray
          Attached Files

Comment

a candlestick
            Attached Files

Comment

a basket
              Attached Files

Comment

a plate/server
                Attached Files

Comment

a lidded box
                  Attached Files

Comment

Allach and Bohemia were 2 different SS factories. They should not have both marks on the same piece. I'd pass on these.

In any case, the SS-Bohemia mark was completely different. When the SS owned the Bohemia works, the mark was a 'B' interlinked with a sig-rune.

These look like pre-SS or post-SS Bohemia-made items that have had the Allach mark added.
                    Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 12-11-2006, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Hi Robin, thank you very much for your quick reply...I was not familiar with the Bohemia works markings and thought that maybe they would have been what is shown below with the SS Allach added to some other mark...mmhh...I am having the guy send me the marking from the other pieces, but it certainly does sound like one to leave alone... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Wise move.

The SS-Bohemia mark was a large capital 'B' with a rune.

Even the Allach mark on these looks dubious to me..........all original Allach marks I have seen have the 'ch' very close together, almost forming a single letter.

Comment

I have two pieces of Allach porcelain (A.H. gold foil monogram service plate and tea cup/saucer - thanks Robin!!!) and I must say that the Allach logo on this porcelain does not match up favorably. I am not able to take photographs at this time, but the Allach logo on my pieces differs in several ways.

Stupid question, but would porcelain made in Germany during the 3rd Reich period be labeled with English wording?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post

Stupid question, but would porcelain made in Germany during the 3rd Reich period be labeled with English wording?

Rob
                            Hi Rob, I though that also but thought that this may be ok as it may have been made for export?? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                              Even the Allach mark on these looks dubious to me..........all original Allach marks I have seen have the 'ch' very close together, almost forming a single letter.
                              Robin, I think that you are absolutely right... I have just compared it with other Allach marks I found in literature and on the internet and they all have the ch very close together just like you described and the seller just sent me the other photos of the markings and they all have the same Allach mark as per the photo below with the ch quite distinctly separated from eachother...I have already told the seller now that I am not interested...thank you for you help... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X