No announcement yet.

Visor cap fans - check this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben, Hi, This is the footage I have been looking for, for ages, please terll me what documentary it was from??
    Cheers, Martin

Comment

Hi Martin, I wish I could remember.
      Let me do some research and I'll get back to you on this.

Comment

The footage was part of a series on the SS shown here in the states on the History channel. If I remember right this one was shown in an episode about the collapse of Berlin. It was very interesting watching it in action, they showed him stripping from his gear and smock the tunic is an enlisted either model 40 or 42 I cant remember.

Comment

doc

thanks Ben and John, looks like I am close to finding out the title.........

Comment

Found it. It was called "The Waffen SS" and shown on the History channel like John said.
            Here's the episode you want. German version. The Elbe footage is about 5 minutes in.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww8nk...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Stiles View Post
              Hi, Ben , It most certainly is Wagner, and what a poor way he was handled by the allies! Also dont you get tired of the colored piped cap witch hunt?
              cheers, Martin

Hi Martin

Do you know in what formation he served, and how was he actually handeled?

Any one remember this one:

Comment

Ben your a star

Comment

There's been a series on History International this past week titled "Hitler's War" with some very good footage. One episode had a lot of original footage of survivors of the 9th and 14th (?) Armys crossing the Elbe to surrender to U.S. forces. One clip showed a very dejected looking Waffen SS officer (with visor cap) and an enlisted man with great uniform detail.

Comment

Originally posted by jotuntroll View Post
                    Hi Martin

Do you know in what formation he served, and how was he actually handeled?

Any one remember this one:
                    I dont recall the cap.
                    Wagner was handed over by the allies, to Yugoslavia, who promptly
                    executed him, why ?
                    Last edited by Martin Stiles; 03-22-2009, 03:29 PM.

Comment

that ss artillery crusher is an erel, Nick has seen that one in person

Comment

Here's an update on this crusher;
                        http://www.walhalla.se/index.php?sho...&hl=SS+CRUSHER
                        Attached Files

Comment

Check this one out posted in the Wehrmacht forum. An SS soldier in Arnhem in 1944.

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthread.php?t=347501

Comment

As much as I wanted to find a flaw in that Erel color piped I did not. It is not a late war cap but an earlier Erel in Trikot. All the construction techniques and materials are indicative of Erel for that period. I spent a lot of time going over the cap to find any trace what so ever of foul play and could find none. I will post some of the pics I have of the cap later. I have the nice pretty shots of the pertinent areas we all love.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                              Check this one out posted in the Wehrmacht forum. An SS soldier in Arnhem in 1944.

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthread.php?t=347501
                              nice photo,but from my forum experience hes hat is a fake or frankenstein,
                              this caps are made only for short period in 1940
                              ok this 1944 NCO photo show this caps are made later in war,or he was NCO since 1940 and still has used the "old short period made" color piped visor

Comment

Nick's going to kick me in the nuggets for this but I really don't like the leather peak on that one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X