Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Remus, this one is also looking bad I'm afraid. The Schellenburg logo is another much copied by the fakers. Bad insignia too.

Comment

Hi Ben,
        thanks,its what I expected,they are expensive,but not expensive enough if they were 100% original.
        there are another 2 SS visors with coloured piping,but they are probably also fake then.
        kind regards Jeremy

Comment

hat

Yes it is a fake ,please take the time and check out the insg.That type of insg. was made in the 80s and was sold in West Germany by a scum bag named Wolfram Diebal.This SB sold at least 20 of the fake colored piped SS caps before his death.

Have fun
          Dennis J
          Last edited by Dennis J; 03-22-2009, 10:05 AM.

Comment

It's too bad that WE on the WAF cannot somehow mark these so that when they show up again we can bring up the secret viewing scope and shine it on the picture and it shows our secret marking so we know we've seen it before. How many times do we see the same piece on the WAF? It would be an interesting tool...

Bob

Comment

One of the key things is to look at the cap as if it were a normal army cap first. If it passes that test, then start looking for evidence of re-banding or rebuilding to make it an SS cap. Some are very, very well done. Others not so good. Take this one for example, I think it's fair to say that it would not even pass the genuine army cap test let alone an extremely rare SS cap. Don't let repro insignia put you off though, there's plenty of examples of good SS caps having been found with fake badges.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J
                Yes it is a fake ,please take the time and check out the insg.That type of insg. was made in the 80s and was sold in West Germany by a scum bag named Wolfram Diebal.This SB sold at least 200 of the fake colored piped SS caps before his death.

Have fun
                Dennis J
                Yes, old Wolfram and his sons!!! They could 'get' you anything as after all they lived near Bad Tolz...what a line of BS!!

He flooded the market back then w/ very exotic caps, piping, badges and could even get any sort of 'Black' tunic from among his contacts....

Little did most of his victs. know that his old lady was a seamstress and virtually made them to order.

Diplomat visors
                SS General
                Heer General
                SS Panzer
                (any) Traditions visor
                Crush caps
                SS RFSS (grey piping)
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
                  It's too bad that WE on the WAF cannot somehow mark these so that when they show up again we can bring up the secret viewing scope and shine it on the picture and it shows our secret marking so we know we've seen it before. How many times do we see the same piece on the WAF? It would be an interesting tool...

Bob
                  Wouldn't that be great or even better, a flashing sign and a warning buzzer if you post a photo of a well known repro!

Seriously though, I think we're lacking a pinned thread on the WAF that would catalogue all the fake caps in one place. I'm willing to start one off if I have time, as you've said Bob, there's been plenty seen here already. Let's start with Allgemeine General's caps....only joking gents, calm down!!!

Comment

Ben,
                    I also think it's a good idea,but wouldn't it make the fakers better than some of them unfortunately allready are?

Kind regards Jeremy

Comment

Maybe, but educating collectors is the best weapon against the fraudsters.

Comment

Ben,
                        This one is already started, albeit with only your hat and mine. Perhaps others can add to this thread.
                        Derek
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=168236

Comment

I found this among my RK holder's pictures...

Anyone know his name?
                          Attached Files
                          Regards,
                          Dave

Comment

I can not identify the RKT, he does look very familiar. The cap is an old style field cap and given the fact that I can find no regulation that authorizes the procurment of these caps after around 1940 and really never for SS officers, the colored piping does not surprise me in the least.

Most references claim that SS officers were never actually authorized this old style field cap, however they seem to be the the most popular right of passage of most every combat SS officer right up till the end of the war, at least based on photos.

I know that these old style SS officer field caps were produced with black velvet bands and I strongly suspect that they were made well into the mid war period if not right up into 1945.

Comment

The portrait looks a lot like Johannes Goehler to me but it's just a guess. If so it's 1943 and that's cavalry piping

Comment

Thanks Derek, that was my impression of the piping with picture in hand....Cav!!!
                                Regards,
                                Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X