No announcement yet.

WSS caps eagle and tk marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JOHN.T.CONGRAT YOU HAVE A VERY NICE AND GENUINE EAGLE.IN MY OPINION THIS EAGLE HAVE THE MOST UPGRADE DETAILS(LOOK AT EAGLE HEAD)

Comment

Hi rzzzm:

Thank you for your comments...I agree about the head...the details and the look to the head are very crisp and "severe"....the head has a "down to business" look.

Donald...thanks for the info on the city where the eagle was made...I agree with your conclusion, I wonder if we can come up with the maker, I will have to check some badge references.

Best Regards,

John

Comment

swag

Originally posted by John T
        Hi rzzzm:

Thank you for your comments...I agree about the head...the details and the look to the head are very crisp and "severe"....the head has a "down to business" look.

Donald...thanks for the info on the city where the eagle was made...I agree with your conclusion, I wonder if we can come up with the maker, I will have to check some badge references.

Best Regards,

John
        Looking in the Davis list, my wild a## guess is: Eugen Schmidhaeussler, Pforzheim. (aka M1/128). There were other makers with "S" in their names, of course. It might also be "Emaillewerke S-irgendetwas.." Does someone have another guess?
        Last edited by Donald Abenheim; 03-26-2006, 06:49 PM.

Comment

HI Donald:

Thank you for checking that...the name you have come up with is the working "theory" until something better comes along but it sounds like a good and likely match. Since they did have an RZM code they obviously did produce something. I believe I have seen that code on some objects but I do not recall on what. It could have been on hat badges. I see that Chris has taken an absense of a few days perhaps when he returns he can contribute some information.

John

Comment

wrong thread my apolgies

Comment

Another Bad Skull.......

I guess you can strike "S.P. 40" off the list of "good" skulls. I can get all you want for $25 each.....Another one bites the dust. Ned

Comment

Originally posted by nederland
                I guess you can strike "S.P. 40" off the list of "good" skulls. I can get all you want for $25 each.....Another one bites the dust. Ned
                Ned, there is no logic to that comment. Just because a faker has copied a good mark does not make the originals with that mark bad. "S.P. 40" is an original mark. You have simply found someone who has copied it. You need to learn to tell the differences between originals and fakes, not simply rely on maker marks.

If you saw a guy on the street selling cheap knock-off watches marked "Rolex" would you go home and throw away a $10,000 original Rolex because the mark was now "bad?"

Comment

Originally posted by nederland
                  Can you show us some of these $25.00 fakes?
                  cheers
                  Gary

Comment

S.p.40

Thanks, I realize that. It's pretty obvious. My point was that one more arking sees to have shown up on repro skulls. Jus' trying to contribute. Chill!!
                    Ned

Comment

S.p.40

"marking" my mistake...N.

Comment

S.P. 40 Obv.

Casting pits above both eyes.........
                        Last edited by nederland; 04-12-2006, 01:46 AM.

Comment

S.P. 40 Rev.

Obverse. "It's only a hobby".
                          Last edited by nederland; 04-12-2006, 01:46 AM.

Comment

I don't know why the faker even bothered to put a maker mark on it. That is the most obvious POS I have ever seen. Anyone who would buy that believing it was original deserves to lose his money.
                            Last edited by bwanek1; 04-13-2006, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Skull

My point exactly.
                              Cheers, N.

Comment

Adding to the 155/36 SS eagles out there, I reluctantly pulled this one out of a frame to examine the back. The superb details of the breast feather are not visible from my photos, and really only show up under a loupe. The reverse is marked the same as Garys' 155/36. I wish I could get a better shot of the #'s, but I give up with this camera.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/grayowls/SS%20%20Cap%20Eagle/

Jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 51 users online. 0 members and 51 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X