• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

view from the bottom.

Attached Files

Comment

Wow!

You were really lucky there!. I didn't know they went in the Flakglas transport box. Now I'm afraid my repro labels will look like the poor copies they are when compared to the originals, when you get them. I see you've also got the head rest in orange rubber. That would be an early one

I'm sorry to say I lost my handy pendrive on Thursday. My greatest loss are my designs of the Zeiler and Pertrix battery labels that had taken me so much work. I was desperate yesterday looking for all the pics I had used as a base to reproduce them. This week I had managed to find pics of other WWII era batteries which I had filed for future repro designs. Thank God I have been able to find them again but I'll have to go trough all the work of making my desings if my pendrive isn't found. I lost it at work, so ther is still a chance...

thanks for posting the pics.

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
        Wow!

You were really lucky there!. I didn't know they went in the Flakglas transport box. Now I'm afraid my repro labels will look like the poor copies they are when compared to the originals, when you get them. I see you've also got the head rest in orange rubber. That would be an early one

I'm sorry to say I lost my handy pendrive on Thursday. My greatest loss are my designs of the Zeiler and Pertrix battery labels that had taken me so much work. I was desperate yesterday looking for all the pics I had used as a base to reproduce them. This week I had managed to find pics of other WWII era batteries which I had filed for future repro designs. Thank God I have been able to find them again but I'll have to go trough all the work of making my desings if my pendrive isn't found. I lost it at work, so ther is still a chance...

thanks for posting the pics.

Carles

Carles,

Really sad to hear of your recent loss. Your battery copies are unbelievably good and equally very fairly priced. Hard to imagine the time and effort that you must have spent on them,

Let me know if you want more details of my batteries. I am more than happy to share them with you.

I did not buy the bino case or rubber head rest, just the batteries.

Last edited by Michael Downey; 03-18-2017, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Well gents,

I found my lost pendrive some days ago. It had fallen out of my backpack in a garden at work, so I was lucky to find it. Thank got the lawn had been trimmed the day before I lost it.

Now,

Here is a 3 cell civilian battery produced by the Batteriefabrik Jäger, just the same that made the Enigma battery in post #23 et alter. It is the same model that can be seen in the company's invoice in pic #2.

Carles
          Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations are in order, before anything else.

Now, with the proof of being a real He-man, (real men doesn´t make back-ups)
            Backup might be an idea. ( How about you send me all your files for safe keeping ?)

No, jokes aside, I am glad to hear you recovered them.

Comment

Added these wee beauties to my collection yesterday.

No innards but that can be eventually fixed.

Glen
              Collector of Wehrmacht Ordnance, Optics & Field Equipment.

Comment

Nice, I also have one of those simplified late war variants.

You should try to find some French post war modified battreriekasten and take the insides. To complete thm you only need a light piece of felt.

For the moment I haven't solved my problem with postal authorities about sending batteries internationally via plane. I'll soon write another claim, because they haven't justified why I can't send them. They classified them as forbidden dangerous items.

Carles

Comment

Battery boxes/cases for reticle lamp.

Charles,

Ive never seen that late war hasp before.......I love the little details.

Can you point me to some of these post war French boxes.....TBH I did not know they even existed.......

Thanks in advance for your help.

Glen

Comment

Originally posted by whsammler View Post

Can you point me to some of these post war French boxes.....TBH I did not know they even existed.......

Thanks in advance for your help.

Glen
                    Hello Glen,

The battery boxes I mention are German WWII produced but modified and reissued to French army post war, I imagine as War Reparations. They are very easily identifiable: Usually painted green, with two rivets on the top cover (to hold some metal contacts in the inside) and sometimes the have a black cardboard inside with other contacts. The inner German fittings are usually untouched, so you can unscrew them and transfer them to an untouched box.

See this image taken from the internet:

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2056376559
                    http://s375.photobucket.com/user/Sch...re131.jpg.html

The tan box is for sure one of these French modified ones. I recall seeing some here at WAF also, in some thread.

Carles
                    Attached Files

Comment

I've found some pics of one of those French contract battery boxes I once had. I tried to remove the green paint...but result was bad. You can see those contacts I mentioned before, in the second pic. I had already removed the bakelite fittings.

Carles
                      Attached Files

Comment

Gents,

Slow day at work today so I took a punt on the battery box pictured below.

I've never seen one in grey before or marked in such a way.

Could they grey paint be Kriegsmarine?

Also notice the Zeiss logo, it looks like it is an appliqué or water transfer.....also the letters look like they may have been "touched up".....[emoji848]

The W A ink stamp on the inside of the lid & the one on the bottom of the can I can only say "may be ok"

Also notice the leather pull for the hasp, the rivet looks like the same style as in the hasp pulls found on 6X30 Bakelite bino cases & the white on the back side of the leather corresponds with leather straps I've seen on many German WW2 canteen & equipment straps.

If the box turns out to be fudged I can always transfer the internals to one of my other incomplete boxes & use this one for bits n bobs...[emoji13]

I will post better photos once the item arrives from Bulgaria.

Looking forward to your opinions & many thanks. [emoji95][emoji1303][emoji95]

Glen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks quite strange...Can you see any other paint under the grey, o anyhthing that might make you think it has been repainted. I know many Kriegsmarine items were painted grey...but a battery box for field use?

I have seen some boxes WaAed, so that would not be strange but the Carl Zeis transfer like stamp?

Why don't you try to remove the bakelite part and see if there is any other paint under it?

Carles
                          Last edited by me6_130; 04-28-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Charles,

Once I have it in my hands I will pull the internals out & see what I find. [emoji95][emoji1303][emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by whsammler View Post
                              Charles,

Once I have it in my hands
                              It's true you mentioned you didn't have it yet

Carles

Comment

Something makes me think you box is Bulgarian refurbished with fake WaA stamps...

Carles
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X