Battery boxes/cases for reticle lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery boxes/cases for reticle lamp

Just wanted to show my battery boxes. Is isn't an optic but very related to them, as are used to lighten the reticles in poor light conditions.

Carles
    Attached Files

Very nice collection Charles i have bought the same dark green battery box last weekend at the militaria bourse in Kassel. It's marked inside with BEH stamp i may assume that every binocular manufacturer made their own like CXN, BEH, BLC and so on,....mine specimen has a Heeres Waffenambt stamp as well do you know if there also exist Km marks on these battery boxes????

Comment

The dark green is stamped beh after the optic maker Ernst Leitz GmbH, Wetzlar, as you mentionded. The leather one is tamped G/936. G is probably the date code for year 1935 and 936 would be the numerical code for the weapon maker Simson & Co/BSW...but I thought that code was used in 1940 not in 1935 WaA4 would be correct for that maker. I couldn't find any stamp or WaA in the other two boxes. Perhaps they were ink stamps that have disappeared?

I have never seem KM stamps on any of these boxes, sorry.

Carles
      Attached Files

Comment

There is a bigger box with M and eagle for the same use seen here :

http://www.kystfort.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6938

http://www.kystfort.com/forum/downlo...e.php?id=49421
        BTW . : You have to be a member of the Forum to see the photoes
        Last edited by zeissasembi; 12-01-2016, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zeissasembi View Post
          There is a bigger box with M and eagle for the same use seen here :

http://www.kystfort.com/forum/downlo...e.php?id=49421
          BTW . : You have to be a memberof the Forum to see the photoes
          Kystfort; i have tried to become a member of this forum to find more info but it seems that i have problems by doing this. This is what i have to translate;Hva er den største byen i Midt-Norge? Stop forbokstav. What's the biggest city of Mid-Norge?? i have no clue Bergen, Trondheim???
          Last edited by 48RMC; 12-01-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Oh, by the way, this is my light and battery box.

Carles
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey, I've just made some repro labels for my batteries, to fill the boxes!!! It is made from photos of original batteries.

Carles
              Attached Files

Comment

I've even made the top seal, to prove batteries are unused. Batteries are modern, of course I've also bought some 3,5v bulbs for the lamps, but I'll have to buy many more for all my lamps and boxes

Carles
                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. Great idea.

Comment

I started studying the batteries because I wanted to know what the "Kastenlampenbatterie" is like...but I can't find the exact one that went in the box. Could it be the small one in pic #2?

Carles
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by me6_130; 12-21-2016, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I found there were repro 4,5v "taschenlampenbatterien" around the internet but the labels didn't look convincing to me...Too "new", image too "clear".

Carles
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hey gents,

I've just found a "battery" web with a list of different kinds of batteries, that might help, but our mystery battery should be about 65x65x90mm:

http://www.blaukatz.com/tables/other-batteries/

Carles
                        Attached Files

Comment

You should try and ask people who are into radio equipment. They are likely to know what kind of batteries it is about. Or try check out DIN norms for batteries. That may get you a type number.

Comment

I know... I have been to the com forum but the battery I'm looking for is not a radio one...

Carles

Comment

try the german sites. That is where I would expect to find something.
                              Still, DIN norms should carry it, unless it was a propriety design of the Wehrmacht. In that case, these should have been a Merkblatt.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X