Battery boxes/cases for reticle lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Carles,

they look really good and indeed it gives a better vibe to the stuff and is a lot cheaper.
    Are you using a normal printer and did you scan the image?

I used for my first batch of batterylabels a normal laserprinter. In the design a put in a filter to make it look aged, but beside this you can easily recognize the modern font and characteristics of a printer, I also left out the VDE logo on purpose to recognize them as fake.
    For my second batch I found even thinner paper, like sigaret paper, and I'm planning to use an old stencil machine, like they did in the war. I think this batch will come out even better, so even more important to mark them as fake

best regards Sven

Comment

I use a normal printer...not sure what kind it is, laser I imagine. I used 4 or 5 photos I find around internet, put them together with "Paint", I don't have "Photoshop", adjust the base colours and resize to fit the battery. I use recycled paper.

It takes me 4 or 5 days (in spare time) to make one of these labels, depending on the quality of the photos I find. I was thinking about printing a different layer print for each colour, so printing 3 or 4 times, just as originals, but that is much more work just to fill my boxes and I don't want them to go as fakes, so no need to mark them...Anyhow, I'm not planning to sell in large amounts, I don't want to flood the market. I do it as a hobby and can make some for other members or collectors.

Carles
      Attached Files
      Last edited by me6_130; 02-20-2017, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I like that old looking cardboard you use under the wrappings..
        I wonder where you get that quality of cardboard these days. An art shop ?
        Is it correct to use that on the top? I would expect a layer of lacquer there. Or, a thin stiff piece of medium brown cardboard.
        I can suggest a tool to make the holes. Something that will cut clean retangular holes.

Next stop will be diluted blue ink, to make faded stamps at the bottom as well?

Off to the nearest fleamarket to get an old set of letter rubber stamps... just saying.

(and 5 years from now, we will all be able to buy similar batteries from an early formerly unknown branch of Varta, who was sub-deliverer to major german battey makers during WWII. Hense the varta logo under the eagles.
        Anyone care to bet a beer against me here ? )

I admit, your lamps looks great. Really. :-)
        Also that you design the layout by hand. Impressive!

Unrelated, about printed copies.
        I was at Ciney a couple of years ago, and one seller offered several very good looking SS pamflets and other printed parafenalia. Asked where he had gotten such brand new un-used good stuff, he answered: a printing shop. Very cute. I wholeheartedly agreed with him, they did come from a printing shop. He did not tell me any lies. I was on to him and he knew I was. So, we smiled to eachother and I bought 2 of each anyway. After all, it was reprints of original material I hadn´t seen before.
        Last edited by Mikedenmark; 02-20-2017, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I got the cardboard from some package or something...I don't know. It was just around home. I had about 1x1m, not more. I can make about 20 wrappings for batteries out of that. I had calculated 4 for each one my Beleuctungs boxes + 5 or 6 for my torches...They feel really authentic on hand. I had even thought about removing the plastic body and making it only on cardboard...

Those labels on the top are the seals for the person to know the battery has not been used. They are correct. Under those you can see the thing brown cardboad and under it should be some lacquer or black tar...but not in the modern ones. Have a look at previous pics of original batteries.

See the one Pertrix battery has a stamp under. I do have some old sets of rubber letters and numbers

I guess someone will design Himmler's ultra rare SS special edition batteries

Carles
          Last edited by me6_130; 02-21-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Awesome work

Comment

Dear members of this forum,

I have finally received that 4,5v battery, same kind as used in Enigma machines. See it compared to several regular 3 cell 4,5v. The Torch is a Zeiler, the battery is a Gebruder Jäger. My next project will be reproducing this battery.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/dsp_herst...mpany_id=14001
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&d=1485948421

Carles
              Attached Files
              Last edited by me6_130; 02-26-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

The bulb in the lamp is a Daimon, fused unfortunatelly, buy I'll keep it in my collection.

Please see this battery doesn't fit in the space marked as Kastenlampe batterie in the Beleuchtungsgërat fur Stritchplatte box.

Carles
                Attached Files

Comment

Well, battery makes the world go around, the world go around...

This one cane on monday. I had mentioned previously. It is a civilian item for sure, and seeing the numbers on the butt, seems it was produced in 1932? Looks really nice: blue, yellow, black, green and white.

Carles
                  Attached Files

Comment

And I got these Polish Centra batteries yesterday, produced under German occupation. Not looking as nice as the other but I'll try to restore the best of them. I might reproduce the labels as I've got some originals to study and work with.

Carles
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, what's the difference between this battery I've got and that one in the propaganda card?

Carles
                      Attached Files

Comment

Carles, I was surprised to see a set of three Daimon batteries (included in a 10 x 80 Flakfernrohr set) that was offered on eBay recently.

Attached Files

Comment

close-up of storage partition inside storage case.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Michael Downey; 03-17-2017, 08:38 PM.

Comment

front view of the batteries.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Michael Downey; 03-17-2017, 08:38 PM.

Comment

back view, appear to be wartime issue.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Michael Downey; 03-17-2017, 08:39 PM.

Comment

view from the top.

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X