X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
    I like the one that Dirk posted, but not the one that François posted. Dirk, what is the backing like? Sometimes those are cloth backed.

Willi
    Willi- Here is the reverse. No backing I can see but, as you guys have said if I hold it up to the light I can see thread holes around the edges. Sorry I missed you and John at the MAX but my ride craped out. Sounds like you all had a good show. Dirk
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks fine Dirk. A good way to know whether an eagle has been sewn on, and a good test for authenticity, is to hold an eagle up to a bright light. One can clearly see any holes from being sewn on a uniform, especially on cotton bakced eagles. Yes, I a shame you didn't make to the Max.

Here are a few more. The top one came from George's grab box at the Max. A field gray eagle, could be from a late-war Luft tunic in field gray (such as a M43 or M44) or a Luft assault gun wrapper. Tough eagle to find!

Next is a very odd and subdued cap style eagle. Textbook construction, especially when viewed from the back.

Willi
      Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

And a view of the backs.
        Attached Files
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

A wool eagle with bullion highlights. And, a wool eagle with a gray, more subdued, eagle.
          Attached Files
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi All,
            Here's my latest. Hope you like it. It is a bad picture, sorry
            Attached Files
            Terry Keller
            "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
            Rammstein

Comment

posting this one as the only one i have ,hope correct.

Comment

Originally posted by chris clark
                posting this one as the only one i have ,hope correct.
                Nice, original bullion eagle Chris. I like the few remaining threads that were used to sew it on with..
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Here is a recent addition to my collection.
                  Attached Files

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

A real " ugly " bird, but still original. Anyone know what it was used for ?

Steve
                    Attached Files

Comment

Rear: Still attached to tunic.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Compare shape, note difference in neck and head.
                        Attached Files
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Also note hunched back and flipped up tail on this one.
                          Attached Files
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Looks like a repro, I know John, but it "smells" old and is beautifully cut from a piece of uniform. Does anyone have a known original or a know fake to compare it with ?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SMP
                              Looks like a repro, I know John, but it "smells" old and is beautifully cut from a piece of uniform. Does anyone have a known original or a know fake to compare it with ?

Steve
                              I know Steve, but like I said, in the 1980's I saw these applied to repro jump smocks and repro flying blouses. They would "smell" old now.

When my life calms a bit I'll dig up photos and post them here.
                              Best,
                              John
                              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Another

Here is one attached to an NCO's tailor made, officer quality uniform. The eagle is slightly puffed out and pretty cool. I have another from the "George Grab Bag" very similar to this one.

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X