AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

interesting I can not say I have seen one before! Kinda cool!

Comment

I can not say it is original, plenty of them on ebay (mostly)
          Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Doubt away if you will, but I am holding it in my hand, and it sure looks like period bakelite to me! Funny that you mention ebay, I have been buying stuff on ebay for 6 years and I have NEVER seen one of these for sale, other than this one. Francois, perhaps you are confusing the bakelite butter containers for this example!
            Last edited by Suber; 08-22-2006, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I think the container might be real + the Eigentum der Luftwaffe text....I'd like to see a close-up of the letters compared to the eagle to see if the eagle was added later...
              I'm asking this because many items are marked Eigentum der luftwaffe,but these items plus the bakelite stuff usually don't show flying eagles.

Kitchen items have flying eagles,like spoons and forks,plates,cups etc,but these items are marked FLuV and not Eigentum der Luftwaffe IMO.

Jos.

Comment

I see what you are saying. Let me try and get some better pic. This thing is hard to photo because of the surface. To the naked eye the eagle and the text have the same appearance of depth and color.

Comment

Lets try these, my photography is horrible. I took these outside in hopes of getting a better look but I dont know.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Are they stamps on the surface or actually cut into the surface and filled with the white color?

Comment

They are stamps, it is cut into the bakelite. There is no filler in it, it just appears whiter than the rest og the bakelite. In real life the lettering and the eagle are much more soft than the pictures are showing. They do not stand out like it does in the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Suber
                            Doubt away if you will, but I am holding it in my hand, and it sure looks like period bakelite to me! Funny that you mention ebay, I have been buying stuff on ebay for 6 years and I have NEVER seen one of these for sale, other than this one. Francois, perhaps you are confusing the bakelite butter containers for this example!
                            They are several ways to answer to your post but I will take the most(IMHO) constructive one:

Did any LW collector have seen such containers before, let say the last 6 years?
                            Documentation and pics exist with personal effects of LW soldier, did somebody ever saw one before?
                            They came on ebay (as usual para issued) and maybe (I will check later) I have saved some pics but I invite each member to post examples they have seen in the last 6 years.
                            Do the form of the eagle match 1942?

I really hope I am wrong and you are right.
                            Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

We are living in a new era of inexpensive digital engraving and routing. These machines can easily make rubber stamps too. Keep this in mind, when you are looking at an elaborately marked otherwise unidentified object.

HTH
                              Ray

Comment

I take your note to heart Francois!! I am certainly NOT disputing what you are saying, and greatly value your opinion. You could very well be correct. I have not ever seen an example like this and cannot find it in any text that I have. That includes the container, with that said, I also believe that NO text is entirely complete to represent ALL examples of various containers, equip. , etc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X