Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your Aircraft Insignia - Tail swastikas, Kill markings, Fabric Souvenirs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd share this. A Fokker DVII cross I managed to find and mount over a digital artwork produced by the outstanding Polish artist Piotr Forkasiewicz. Piotr is a fabulous guy and in my opinion the best digital aviation artist on the planet. I highly recommend checking out his portfolio at www.peterfor.com. His art is for sale and well worth the investment.

The Fokker DVII cross came from the late Michael Baldwin's collection in the UK. It hangs in my office beside an ME109 tail cut out, also mounted over an outstanding piece of art - an oil painting by the late New Zealand artist Ron Fulstow, signed by three leading aces in Johnny Checketts, Johnnie Johnson and Patrick 'Jamie Jameson'. As you can imagine they cost me a packet but I couldn't resist having genuine insignia from two of the premier German fighters of WW1 and WW2.

DVII Compressed.jpg
    Side by Side.jpg

Comment

Congratulations on such a very nice piece of WW1 material, In my opinion always well worth the money spent. Also very nice me109 cutout also.
      Well done.
      Kind regards
      Wayne

Comment

Exceptional pieces and they look great framed with Piotr's fabulous artwork. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

A photo of a couple of usaaf cutoffs

A member of the 98th Bomb Group most likely a ground crewman, holds
          two souveniers, swastikas cut from downed German aircraft. B-24s of the
          98th Bomb Group went on to fly the infamous refinery raid over Ploesti,

a12334.jpg

Comment

Great period photo!

Comment

RARE Tropical Camouflage. Removed from an Me109 (most likely a G2) that was shot down by AA over Tripoli after strafing a US controlled airfield. Colors that can be seen are RLM02 (Primer), RLM79 (Tan), and RLM80 (Green).
              Attached Files

Comment

Great swaz; I love that age patina

Comment

Hi Mike,
                  Thank you for sharing pics of this nice item, Great to see these pieces.
                  Cheers
                  Wayne

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X