BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your Aircraft Insignia - Tail swastikas, Kill markings, Fabric Souvenirs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tail fin listed on e-stand

Gentlemen

This item is listed on the e-stand:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=999343

What are the opinions on this? Is it really from a Fw190? has it ever been posted on WAF for opinions before - I could not find anything

Comment

AFAIK that is Graf's rudder from his time with JGr. 50. I believe Grislawski's rudder from this unit also survived.

Comment

I like it.
        It's not a Me-109, but it could be a Fw-109 or something else.

Comment

Originally posted by beretta1934 View Post
          Gentlemen

This item is listed on the e-stand:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=999343

What are the opinions on this? Is it really from a Fw190? has it ever been posted on WAF for opinions before - I could not find anything

I looked at FW-190 tail section photos and it definitely is NOT from a 190. So if the "vet"writing on the back side is in error - is this still a real item or just a complete fake from start to finish??

Please look at the item and comment about IT - not about "vet's" writing errors you have seen before on other real items!

Comment

Definitely an authentic piece in my opinion.

Positively identifying which aircraft it came from will take some work though and you know how I feel about working for free!

Comment

The family sold the rudder for 5000 Euros about 15 years ago.

If I recall correctly it went to a collector in France or Germany

Comment

A wise investment!

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                  Definitely an authentic piece in my opinion.

Positively identifying which aircraft it came from will take some work though and you know how I feel about working for free!
                  Yes I do !!

More of just a casual interest on this item and hoping someone was not going to get ripped off by it as I knew the added "artwork" legend was total BS. It is an unusually small Swastika
                  Last edited by beretta1934; 05-30-2019, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Another fake....

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Luftwaffe-St...UAAOSwvcdc8oP2

Comment

Souvenir hunters

Just thought I would share a photo, Note the swastikas missing off the aircraft further back in the pic.
                      Cheers
                      Wayne
                      Attached Files

Comment

Interesting photo.
                        It's obvious that they were picked over by souvenir hunters.
                        I wonder who first dismantled and lined them all up? It does not look like a typical scrapping operation. It looks more like the were being sorted out for spare parts or possibly to be shipped out for re-purpose reasons.

Comment

Usually fallen birds were looted of everything removable as the case of this Fw190A-8 "Red-1", most her hatches removed. This oxygen refill hatch cover in my collection was found in a house some few kms. away from the crash site in Gent
                          Attached Files

Comment

just another fake...

Hello,

great thread :-)
                            Latelly there are too many fakes around.
                            This auction was cancelled because somebody made a private offer.
                            Hopefully the smart guy didn't pay too much because it's a well done fake :-))))))

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Staffelabzei...p2047675.l2557

Tooooo many fakes around...

Comment

Originally posted by Alter_Bock View Post
                              Hello,

great thread :-)
                              Latelly there are too many fakes around.
                              This auction was cancelled because somebody made a private offer.
                              Hopefully the smart guy didn't pay too much because it's a well done fake :-))))))

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Staffelabzei...p2047675.l2557
                              Fake?

This is NOT a fake...

Italian emblems were either PAINTED or applied as a DECAL. I know this, because I have been collecting Italian emblems for over 15 years. I also have had numerous examples in my hands.

This is a 100% ORIGINAL Italian emblem from a trainer aircraft (most likely a Breda), that was applied as a decal.

I have shown this listing to other Italian collectors, and no one thinks it is "fake"...

What makes you think it is fake?

Comment

Canvas was sewed to the structure and on the outside there were reinforcement strips.... and the canvas was treated with tautening dope...

I can't see any stitching...
                                I can't see any reinforcement strip...
                                I can't see any traces of tautening dope...

Dope increases structural stenght but canvas treated with dope is hard to fold without breaking an this small piece appears to have ben folded several times.

I'm not even sure if the fabric was painted or if what appears to be silver colour is just a finish coat.

Fakers ar getting better day after day.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X