EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your Aircraft Insignia - Tail swastikas, Kill markings, Fabric Souvenirs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Textbook & 100% original !

Comment

No issues with that one!

Comment

Appreciate and thank you very much, gentlemen.

Comment

I have big doubts with this panel !
          Measurements:

Length: 77 cm

Left side: 65 cm

Right side: 55 cm
          Any opinion about aircraft type ?
          Attached Files

Comment

So, this piece sold yesterday for 1190 euro plus buyers commission.

It measures 77cm x 65cm x 55cm.
            Therefore the Balkenkreuz is about 45cm square which is tiny and does not make any sense to me.

Comment

I was going to bid on that one... But as you point out the sizes does not make sense.

Without a doubt this is not from a German aircraft.

The only thing this can be is a foreign aircraft... Possibly something that was captured and used by the luftwaffe.

The problem is I spent about three hours going through every single aircraft... British, French, Italian, American... And I could not find anything that matches.

Needs to be from a small aircraft.

Comment

look at the holes on the perimeter! they are all curves, the distances between the holes are different))) and the rivets are all installed smoothly and symmetrically. Have you seen such curved parameters on an airplane?

Comment

Originally posted by Pitomnik View Post
                  look at the holes on the perimeter! they are all curves, the distances between the holes are different))) and the rivets are all installed smoothly and symmetrically. Have you seen such curved parameters on an airplane?

I have no problem with this is being an original aircraft wing panel.

Even the me-109 wing panels did not have symmetrical holes on the outside where the panel screwed in to the fuselage.

There was generally a lot of tolerance when it came to the holes designed for screws as opposed to rivets.

Comment

Originally posted by harrison987 View Post
                    I have no problem with this is being an original aircraft wing panel.

Even the me-109 wing panels did not have symmetrical holes on the outside where the panel screwed in to the fuselage.

There was generally a lot of tolerance when it came to the holes designed for screws as opposed to rivets.
                    Can you show original panel with such curved "line of holes" ?

Comment

The problem is I spent about three hours going through every single aircraft... British, French, Italian, American... And I could not find anything that matches.

Same here.... Which is also why I did not bid...

Comment

Originally posted by Pitomnik View Post
                        Can you show original panel with such curved "line of holes" ?
                        Don't understand what you mean by a "curved line of holes"

Comment

Don't understand what you mean by a "curved line of holes"
                          Left side - correct , right side - "curved".
                          Attached Files

Comment

Left side is the same as right side (neither are 100% straight).

most German aircraft tolerances are around +/-3mm.

This is normal...as these just took screws. All screw holes were drilled by hand when the aircraft was made...so this is not uncommon.

Not German though...the Green primer is a big giveaway. Probably some obscure small foreign trainer aircraft.

Mike

Comment

+- 3 mm ? Ok !
                              But this - more than 3 mm!
                              I think more 1 cm !
                              Attached Files

Comment

None of this really matters.

These weren't rivet holes... They are screw holes for fixing the panel. They were all done by hand... And as such nothing was perfect. Also quality differed between various companies and countries. German engineering was the best... And they had tolerances of 3 mm.

This isn't a German aircraft panel. It could have been made by foreign country that didn't care and used slave labor who did the worst job possible

It's an original aircraft panel without a doubt... And this is quite common.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X