EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your Aircraft Insignia - Tail swastikas, Kill markings, Fabric Souvenirs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alter_Bock View Post
    Canvas was sewed to the structure and on the outside there were reinforcement strips.... and the canvas was treated with tautening dope...

I can't see any stitching...
    I can't see any reinforcement strip...
    I can't see any traces of tautening dope...

Dope increases structural stenght but canvas treated with dope is hard to fold without breaking an this small piece appears to have ben folded several times.

I'm not even sure if the fabric was painted or if what appears to be silver colour is just a finish coat.

Fakers ar getting better day after day.

With all due respect...you are incorrect in all your conclusions.

The only issue with the listing, is that the seller indicates that it is from a CR42. It is not. It is from a training aircraft. Specifically a Breda 25.

This is proven not only by the color...but also BECAUSE there are no stitches or reinforcement tape.

The tubular structure on the Breda 25 were spaced out quite a bit, right down the side. This emblem was mounted right in between the two tubes. The top of the emblem hit the upper tube, which is why the top part is missing from the circle.

The insignia was cut below and above the reinforcement tubes, and as such, there is no stitching and no reinforcements strips on this fabric piece - because this section was in between the areas you are speaking about. So you conclusions are incorrect.

You are also incorrect about dope. I have had mannnnnnny Italian fabric sections...and they are VERY soft. They can be rolled and folded quite easily. They are not brittle, stiff, or hard to fold at all. That also goes the same with German fabric...and I have had many of those the past 20 years.

The Italian decals were fragile...which is why this one flaked when folded.

I have already spoken with two high-end Italian Emblem collectors (one who specializes in fabric)...they have both confirmed this is 100% original in every way.

Sorry, but you are 100% incorrect. This is an original emblem.
    Last edited by harrison987; 09-30-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Dear Gents,
      Do You think that this piece of aluminium has chance to be a fragment of HS129? http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1017782
      Attached Files

Comment

I do not think that is real at all.
        I do not think that anyone would take the time to etch the insignia into the aluminum. I am sure it was painted on or a decal was used.

Comment

ZG 76 emblem:

https://ln-er.ru
          https://instagram.com/piksujef/

Comment

Here are a few pieces I have that were brought back by a pathfinder vet. This is the only NSFK glider piece with the Icarus I have ever seen.

Enjoy!

Bill Rannow
            Mpls, MN

Comment

Here is one more from the same pathfinder vet. I believe it is the swastika from a DFS 230 assault glider.

Bill Rannow
              Mpls, MN

Comment

Very cool NSFK insignia.

Comment

The NFSK wooden section is great.
                  The fabric section is for sure an original item but it's impossible to determine from what aircraft it was removed.
                  The swastika isn't an accurate work... I would take in account also a captured aircraft...

Comment

This sold in a UK auction a few days ago.
                    Looks fake to me..
                    Attached Files

Comment

Fake 100%, (imho).

Comment

£1150 plus 24% plus VAT plus shipping = expensive mistake!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yep... Not tail section has been floating around the UK for years

Comment

I actually bought that exact tail section on auction about 2 years ago, when I did not have photos of the rear. As soon as it arrived, I sent it BACK to the auction house, as I knew it was fake.

At that time the inscription was not written on the back. So the pencil inscription was done within the last couple of years.

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for confirming. Sad how these turds float around for years and years but never go away, they just get polished and placed back in auction.

Comment

As mentioned, with all of the fakes of these going back 3 decades and more, right up until the eBay specials of today, I just wanted to check with the members who know and specialize in these if they are on board on this particular one. From the ones that I've studied on this informative thread, it seems that this one is fine, but wanted to confirm that. Appreciate your help and assistance.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X