EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your Aircraft Insignia - Tail swastikas, Kill markings, Fabric Souvenirs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

Where did you find it?

Cheers

Comment

Hi

Found in USA.

Comment

ME109 Panel Mounted over Signed Aces Oil Painting

Hi - I Thought I'd share this photo of my ME109 panel that I've had mounted over an oil painting by top kiwi artist, Ron Fulstow. Ron knew all of the old pilots before they passed away and was canny enough to get them to sign a heap of blank art paper that he can add pencil drawings and the odd painting to, long after they have left us.

The one here is signed by Wing Commander "Johnny" Milne Checketts, DSO, DFC - Air Vice Marshal James Edgar "Johnnie" Johnson CB, CBE, DSO & Two Bars, DFC & Bar plus Air Commodore Patrick Geraint "Jamie" Jameson CB, DSO, DFC & Bar

I had the ME109 tail cut out assessed by top WW2 aviation expert Andy Saunders who assures me that in in his opinion it is 100% legit, probably from an early war ME109 E or F.

If anyone is interested in any of Ron's work, which is very reasonably priced and is always hand signed by top aces, please PM me and I'll put you in touch. Cheers - Scott

I've just added a close up of the painting too
        Last edited by McKiwis; 05-05-2013, 01:57 AM. Reason: Added a close up of painting and ME109 cut out.

Comment

Greetings from Welly Scott, does your tail have any known history? It's good to see a few tails in New Zealand collections.

Comment

History on the Tail Section

I'm afraid not, other than the fact (according to a leading expert) it's legit and an early model. Apparently they gave up painting the narrow black line around the swastika earlier in the war due to the time that it took. I'd dearly love to know which aircraft it came from, but that isnt to be. If only the things we have could speak...

Comment

Request for a back photo

Roman has asked me to upload a photo of the reverse side. I didnt want to pull it apart, but took this shot before I put it together.

Comment

tail swas

It should be a tail swas of Fw190. Sure it's not a Bf109 one.
                If interested, please ask me further questions...

Originally posted by sassagniac View Post
                Hi

Just found this LW tail fin swastika.

Dim: 30cm X30cm

Metal seems to be aluminium. Let look at the photos.

Comment

all suggestions so as to try to know of which aircraft it comes are wellcomme!

many thanks

Originally posted by sassagniac View Post
                  It should be a tail swas of Fw190. Sure it's not a Bf109 one.
                  If interested, please ask me further questions...

Comment

FW190 Tail

I've attached a front and rear photo of an FW190 tail and it doesnt look like the one you have so yours probably came from something else.

Comment

wondeful your FW 190 tail fin panel.

Many thanks. One type I can eliminate!

Comment

Nice !!!!)))
                        Right side of tail fin !

Comment

190 tail panels are very rare - what's the history on this piece?

Originally posted by McKiwis View Post
                          I've attached a front and rear photo of an FW190 tail and it doesnt look like the one you have so yours probably came from something else.

Comment

Fw190

Sorry, I have no idea. I only had the photo's, which were sent by a nice guy who owns this well known E-Bay store http://stores.ebay.com/flugzeugwerkluftairarchive

I asked him if he had any tail sections when I was looking for one, which he didnt have but he sent me a few photos, these being two of them. Good ones are just so hard to come by. I searched for almost 10 years before finding mine.

Comment

you are correct mckiwis mike is a good guy to deal with(the one in your link)

Comment

This is a great thread. So many wonderful examples!!

I've had my eye on this section for a long time, and it finally came my way. Picked up by an Aussie and brought back home with him. I consider myself very lucky to own this fine piece of history.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X