EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your Aircraft Insignia - Tail swastikas, Kill markings, Fabric Souvenirs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking great, not often seen

Andy

Comment

a rare piece from a comet,(very nice).
      Cheers
      Wayne

Comment

Some really great and rare stuff being shown here!

Comment

Just saw this thread and thought I would add mine.

Here is my Ju-88 tail section recovered in North Africa. A knowledgeable collector indicated previously that, based on the information plate attached to the interior part of the tail section, it came from a JU-88 A11, which I understand to be a "tropicalized" version of the JU-88 (which fits nicely with the North Africa connection).

As a side note, this tail was spotted by a police officer as he was driving his patrol car through a residential neighborhood. The tail was in a trash bin on the side of the road waiting for trash pick-up day. (One can only wonder all the great stuff that has not been saved and just thrown away.) The officer knocked on the door and an old gentlemen indicated that the tail section had been picked up by his brother in North Africa. His brother had died the prior week and he was cleaning out all of his stuff. The officer asked if he could take the tail section and the old gentlemen agreed.
          Attached Files
          When you go home
          Tell them for us and say
          For your tomorrow
          We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
          Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Picture of the back and of the information plate.
            Attached Files
            When you go home
            Tell them for us and say
            For your tomorrow
            We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
            Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

tail from museum

I saw this at a museum, any expert comments!

Best c
              Attached Files

Comment

Stuka fin, JU52 fin

Best C
                Attached Files

Comment

This tail Henshel Hs-126 - have brought in a place of reception of scrap metal some day ago ....
                  Last edited by Pitomnik; 11-30-2012, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Here's one to add. American Roundel broght back after WWI. Trying to figure out what plane it might be. Best guess with measurements is a SPAD VII, probably crashed or scrapped at Toul after the war. Would be lower left wing section. Was brought back in a foot locker and folded over on iteself.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is one that I missed. It now resides in Peter Jackson's collection. Upper wing section of an Austrian seaplane brought back from the Italian theater after WWI. Was found on an Austrian airfield after the war by a Navy pilot (Navy Cross winner) The section was under a guys bed (!) in a cardboard box for 20 years before he decided to sell it!!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

A couple that I had.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pitomnik View Post
                          This tail Henshel Hs-126 - have brought in a place of reception of scrap metal some day ago ....
                          That looks like a Bf 109 tail section to me Pitomnik, a great find, how about some more details of your find...

Many thanks

Bob

Comment

Looks like virtually the entire tail/rudder/stabilizer assembly. Nice find.

Where's the rest of the aircraft?
                            Last edited by Leroy; 12-01-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

very nice piece of "scrap metal". Send it to the United States and I'll buy it.

Do you know anything about the rest of the airplane ? There has to be more were that came from.

Comment

I agree with Pitomnik that it's from a Henschel, I also first thought of a Bf109 like Bob but I think it something much rarer. Fantastic with the original paint - congrats to Russia!

Jack

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X