• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all the information and super photos. Good job
    and welcome to the forum!
    Regards,
    Dick

Comment

I remember that photo, refers to one of the destroyers sunk at Narvik.

Anyway just to keep this thread going. photo of some Spee "Sweetheart" tallys. Most boats would have had these on board for souvenier purchase but oddly enough are quite rare. Can be found in a variety of colours. These although faded and in poor condition due to previous storage / display were gold and blue in colour.
      Attached Files
      Regards, Rob
      Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

My visit to the Navy Museum in Montevideo

Hi Everybody,

I was lucky to be able to see the Graf Spee's eagle on display in a Hotel in Montevideo. I also went to see the Navy Museum where I found a couple of very interesting items belonging to the "pocket" Battleship Graf Spee and its crew.

Let's the picture do the talk.

First the Naval Museum from outside... very tiny but nicely mantained although still in the old traditional museum's display. All these type of museums in Uruguay are under the supervision of the Navy or the Army forces.

Ciao,

Claudio
        Attached Files
        Last edited by John R.; 10-17-2014, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Navy Museum inside.
          Attached Files

Comment

Kriegsmarine's tunic of a crew member of the Graf Spee who donate it to the museum after the war. Some of the German crew members stayed and lived in South America after Graf Spee's sinking.
            Attached Files

Comment

Panzerschiff Graf Spee.
              Attached Files

Comment

Some pictures of Graf Spees' guns recuperated from the see (about 4 miles off shore of Montevideo, 8 meters below see level).
                Attached Files

Comment

Langdorff's sword!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Graf Spee's front eagle just taken out of the water not long ago. It was a pity I couldn't stay longer (we already intended to go to Punta del Este where we had reserved the hotel to spend a 4-5 days there), because the same evening I was there, there was someone of the crew who got the eagle out of the water to a have a lecture and showing some unpublished pictures of the Graf Spee.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Me and the eagle!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another view of the eagle...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Another military museum in Montevideo (Engeneer's corps). I think Uruguay it's quite interesting under the military point of view. You can also visit battle sites of the Brasilian-Uruguay-Paraguay war and of Garibaldi's campaign... not bad!!!

I hope you enjoyed my pictures.

Ciao,

Claudio
                          Attached Files

Comment

Uno de mis compañeros en el Foro U-Historia, residente en Argentina, nos informa de lo siguiente:
                            Originally posted by oruga
                            El aguila sera subastada en enero sel año 2007 en Punta del este,Uruguay<O</O
                            Originally posted by oruga
                            Uruguay (resumen diario el pais dia 12/10/06)
                            <O</O
                            Aguila del Graf Spee iría a remate en Punta del Este en enero
                            <O</O
                            El águila nazi del Graf Spee que fue rescatada en febrero de este año permanece guardada en un depósito, pero el propietario de los derechos de la embarcación, Alfredo Etchegaray, dijo a El País que posiblemen- te sea subastada en enero y en Punta del Este. <O</O
                            Cabe suponer que de concretarse el remate, será uno de los eventos más promocionados de la temporada. Pero para Etchegaray, ha pasado tanto tiempo desde el hallazgo del mascarón de la nave alemana, que será necesario rescatar otro objeto del Graf Spee para "reflotar" el interés por este tema.
                            <O</O
                            Espero que no quede en manos de un coleccionista privado,seria bueno que este en algun museo a la vista de todos
                            One of my companions in the U-Historia Forum, resident in Argentina, informs to us into the following thing:

Originally posted by "oruga"
                            The eagle will auctioned in January 2007 in Punta del Este, Uruguay
                            Originally posted by "oruga"

Uruguay (daily summary of "El País"-spanish daily newsletter- day 10/12/06)

Eagle of the Graf Spee would go to closing in End of the East in January.

The Nazi eagle of the Graf Spee who was rescued in February of this year remains kept in a deposit, but the proprietor of the rights of the boat, Alfredo Etchegaray, said to the Country that posiblemen- is auctioned to you in January and End of the East.

Supposition fits that to take shape the closing, will be one of the promoted events more of the season. But for Etchegaray, it has spent as much time from the finding of the large mask of the German ship, that will be necessary to rescue another object of the Graf Spee for “refloat” the interest by this subject.

I hope that it is not into the hands of a deprived collector, serious good that this in some at sight museum of all!.

I take leave with course this, listed a few degrees, after two torpedoes that the Spanish selection of soccer firing to the selection of soccer of mine, greetings to all, Oruga
                            <O</O
                            <O</O

Uno de mis compañeros en el Foro SGM nos brinda el enlace a un pequeño reportaje ofrecido por una televisión argentina. <O</O
                            <O</O
                            Originally posted by fangio
                            Les dejo un video de 10 minutos sobre el águila del Graf Spee. Es un informe hecho por un canal de noticias argentino. Me pareció interesante dejar el enlace aquí para que todos lo puedan ver:<O</O

<O</O
                            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...34211515976166
                            <O</O
                            Saludos,<O</O
                            <O</O
                            FANGIO

One of my companions in Forum SGM -WWII- offers the connection us to a small news article offered by an Argentine television.

Originally posted by "fangio"
                            I leave a video Them of 10 minutes on the eagle of the Graf Spee. It is a report done by an Argentine channel of the news. It seemed interesting to leave the connection here me so that all they can see it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7817934211515976166

<O</O
                            Last edited by Jan7; 10-13-2006, 06:25 AM. Reason: Letter is too big

Comment

Nice bird for my collection.
                              But, I was just thinking...
                              What will say my wife when she find this on the TV in my dining room??
                              I can imagine her face

Well I was jocking. I have an original tallyribon from the cap of a sailor of Graf Spee. It******180;s a small treasure for me.

Kind regards from Spain

Comment

Here is how it looked shortly before the it went to the bottom

Excuse the spelling I know its montevideo!
                                Attached Files
                                Regards, Rob
                                Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X