No announcement yet.

Embroidered Breast Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These Reddick's are not manufactured on badge cloth nor a fine felt.

Fred

Comment

Ad on their website: http://www.reddickmilitaria.com/ww2-...e-embroidered/

Same ad in their catalog. You won't get this eagle when you order though.

It appears that Epic Miliraria is carrying them now: https://www.epicmilitaria.com/early-...n-backing.html

And a Panzer variant: https://www.epicmilitaria.com/early-...nic-eagle.html

Fred

Comment

Excellent work. Thanks Fred.

The Epic Militaria iteration is not quite as good, but in general terms this whole experience shows how easy it is to counterfeit embroidered insignia and badges.

From your comparison image I see the original is a few millimetres longer than the copies -- could you please provide measurements of those two from wing-tip to wing-tip for future reference?

Best regards,
        ---Norm

Comment

Hello,

The Reddick eagle
          Attached Files

Comment

The original eagle
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Fred. I've tried to scale the tape measures to one another to better compare the two eagles (although there's a bit of distortion from the camera lens perspective), and in the second image I moved the top eagle over to align the wingtips. It appears the wingspan of the original is about 1.5 mm shorter than the copy.

Best regards,
              ---Norm
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I have ordered another eagle from Reddick's and the 2 from Epic. I will post them when the arrive. I will continue to look for this eagle on other reproduction sites. If anybody sees one for sale. please drop me a line here or at fredgreen16@hotmail.com with a link. Thanks.

Fred

Comment

Excellent thread, thanks for all your work Fred!
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hello,

As a I said in a post before, I ordered a Reddick's eagle and 2 eagles from Epic. This is the link to the Reddick's eagle from their site and printed catalog: http://www.reddickmilitaria.com/ww2-...e-embroidered/
                    This is the eagle that I received from them. Picture below. I had done this before with the same results but I wanted to make sure. For a re-enactor, I would be pissed that I didn't get the pictured eagle. They have been doing this for some time though.

Fred
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yep, same thing happened to me 2 years ago...
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...03#post7347403

Best regards,
                      —-Norm

Comment

Hello,

Although I could care less about this crappy eagle, Reddick is doing a great disservice to its customer base by advertising one style of eagle and selling another.

I had also purchased one earlier from them to compare with and got this same crappy eagle. I emailed them then and go the response that is was just a job lot eagle, or what ever the distributor had. Weak excuse.

Fred

Comment

Here is one I've thought was an original it's a little worn down but the swastika and wreath are thin like the one in the period picture
                          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by lenny w View Post
                            here is one i've thought was an original it's a little worn down but the swastika and wreath are thin like the one in the period picture
                            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                              Here is one I've thought was an original it's a little worn down but the swastika and wreath are thin like the one in the period picture
                              Your photos aren't coming through but I followed the link and now attach them here.

Also, a comparison to the period portrait.

Best regards,
                              ---Norm
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                                Your photos aren't coming through but I followed the link and now attach them here.

Also, a comparison to the period portrait.

Best regards,
                                ---Norm
                                Thanks Norm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X