X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a single one backed in Green.
    Attached Files

Comment

It is up to you to formulate your own opinion about these eagles. I have.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
        This is MHO. I believe that all in this pattern are reproductions. I believe this you don't have to. There are eagles that were made during the time frame that are similar but the differences are readily seen in a comparison. I have a friend that has one and I will be seeing him at the end of the month a take a few pictures of it.
        Hi Fred,

I have a lot of respect for the time and effort you continually put into the study of cloth items and I don't doubt a thing that you say.

The critical piece missing to the study of this eagle is a convincing example of the period eagle that is depicted in the portrait photos in order to understand the differences. I hope the visit to your friend can provide the clarity we need.

Best regards,
        ---Norm

Comment

Hello,

You can specifically see no space between the eagles wings on all of the posted eagles. There is space between the wings of the eagle in the photo. These are close but not the same pattern of eagle. Mark K. I thing has a better shot of an eagle close to this pattern.

Fred

Comment

Hi Fred, Norm and other participants,
            thank you very much for the info i saw them for the first time 4/5 years ago on the bourse in Kassel (Reddicks), they were looking convincing but the backside did my eyebrows frowning, quite the same backing which you usually see on British fake emblems,.....the backing looks the same and it gives you the feeling that the treads has been fixated with a sort of glue and afterwards been treated with a sort of heating process????? but maybe if they are soaked in a cup of tea for a couple of weeks they will become like real gems?? I think it's very good to discuss this on macro niveau (i say this in general) but don't forget the fakers are using this info as well to improve there skills, but again very informative guys THANKS!!!

Comment

Hello,

.....the backing looks the same and it gives you the feeling that the treads has been fixated with a sort of glue and afterwards been treated with a sort of heating process?????

This is also one of my chief concerns. You cannot separate the 2 with out destroying the eagle. I have never seen this before. Usually you can separate the backing material and look underneath.

Fred

Comment

Hi Fred,

Here are two more out of my questionable items box, the top one is the same as shown many times in this thread, the bottom one is similar but clearly not exactly the same having a slightly different body and head, this one does have a backing which can be separated. I don't know if this is a period example or not, at least it's a different variant.
                Attached Files

Comment

Close up of the backing cloth
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I am out of the country right now and don't have access to my eagles. I have a couple of eagles in Heer colors that resemble your lower eagle.

Fred

Comment

Hello,

I am still out of state and don't have access to my eagles but did get a picture of the eagle these Reddick eagles are based on. It is made of a lighter weight base cloth and a finer thread. This one has a fine wire highlights in between the wings.

Fred
                      Attached Files

Comment

Comparison to the portrait photo from the other thread. Certainly very close, but different stitching between the eagle feathers. Nevertheless, a good candidate for an original type.

Best regards,
                        ---Norm
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Norm F; 01-31-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

It definitely is not a Reddick fake eagle. This is the style of eagle that they are based on.

Fred

Comment

Hello,

Here is another original that the Reddick eagle is based on. While digging through my eagles I came across this one. No stitching between the wings but it has the small feather highlighted. The backing was attached with some sort of glue which is giving away.

I took a look at the Reddick catalog while I was at the SOS and they are still using this eagle in it. Sorry but I didn't keep a copy.

Fred
                            Attached Files

Comment

A shot of the rear. Embroidery does not go through the backing.
                              Attached Files

Comment

3. A nice comparison shot of the Original and the Reddick, both obverse and reverse
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X