This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Juoneen,

Can you please post your US examples? Are they ww2 period?

Best

JustinC

Comment

Hi Guys,

A picture of my collection of Whistles that I finally was able to take a picture of over the weekend.

Cheers
      JustinC
      Attached Files

Comment

my latest:

Comment

Hi Collectors,

Interesting pic of a pfeife in wear, if only we had closeup shots but still nice never the less.

Season greetings and keep warm to all the Northerners, to the Southerns crack out the sun screen and a cold tinny and enjoy!!

Best Wishes and Kindest Regards from Sunny Australia.

JustinC
          Attached Files

Comment

Personally-named KM Pfeife

Time to refresh this thread with another pipe and some details which I hope that you will find to be interesting.

I just acquired a number of photographs, documents and wartime artifacts/souvenirs which once belonged to a former officer in the Royal Canadian Navy. This officer joined the navy just before the outbreak of hostilities, served during WW2 during which he was "mentioned in a Despatch for distinguished service" and went on to complete "24 Years and 364 Days" before being "Honourably Released".

Amongst the numerous souvenirs was a Bosun pipe which I firmly beleive to be a KM Pfeife, as pictured below.

This belief stems partly from my understanding that the RCN officer was involved with the U-190 after her capture in May of 1945. I am currently researching these details for confirmation.

As well, because the pipe has a German name and initials hand-inscribed onto the fin of the pipe: "Sepp Walzer" and "JW". The initials would stand for Josef Walzer with Sepp being a common nickname for Josef.

Since the Canadian officer had an active career during wartime, he may have acquired the pipe as a souvenir during that time.

I will report back once I have further information to post in this thread.

John
            Attached Files

Comment

Inscription detail:
              Attached Files

Comment

Great find
                It looks good to me.

About the Sepp Walzer, based on quick search on Ubootwaffe crew lists, there was only one Walzer on U-boats, and that's:

Walzer Clemens MtrOGfr 18.07.1925 09.04.1945 U-1065+

Of course, their lists are not final nor consists of all names involved in U-boat crews.

I'll give it a try and try to research, also, and if I come after an interesting detail I'll come back to present it.

Comment

Hi Folks,

Just reviewing this now Pinned thread i don't believe I actually posted a close up of my textbook KM whistle with stamping so here it is!!

Cheers
                  JustinC

I have a few more things for reference that I'll get to soon.

Comment

That's a very nice whistle Justin i'm in love

Comment

Ok Folks,

I also aquired a nice Australian/English bosuns whistle. They are the same as generally the Australian's were issued with commonwealth kit denoted by the acceptance stamp ^...

Anyway here as some pics for reference!

I'm sure this babay has seen some action along the way no doubt!!

Cheers
                      JustinC

Comment

New Pfeife find - same as in Angolia

Hello,

I was able to get a KM pfeife at Kassel show last weekend.
                        As I wanted to check in Angolia's book, I am pretty sure that I was able to buy the Pfeife he is showing on page 238 in Volume 3. Compare the sling....for me it is the exact same one.

The pic is attributed to a collector with a Greek name and I was buying the pipe from a Greek dealer.

I hope you like it.

Regards
                        Christian
                        Attached Files

Comment

another pic

pics
                          Attached Files

Comment

It is that one indeed Christian! Can you past a detailed picture of the eagle please?

Comment

A lovely pfeife Christian. I wold also like to see a closeup pic of the eagle.

Regards,
                              André

Comment

Eagle

Originally posted by glaser View Post
                                It is that one indeed Christian! Can you past a detailed picture of the eagle please?
                                Here it is

Regards
                                Christian
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X