l
    Attached Files

Comment

Because of this post: auctionhouse selling fakes

I searched and found. Have a look:

auction 1

@ T'pionier, I love your piece

Comment

Hi Guys, a while ago while trying to source information on these babies I joined the mailing list of the Whistle Museum. Recently a newsletter came through displaying a collectors collection I thought you may like to see. I might drop this gentleman an email as he may have some German WW2 examples and further knowledge??

Cheers
        JustinC

P.s - this is only a small portion of his collection!
        Attached Files

Comment

Ok Collectors,

As previously stated I have now in my possession a lovely little handbook that came directly from Germany, published in 1941 and explains everything you need to know about the PfeifenSignale.

Unfortunately its in German and I would love to get a Translation done but at this moment I'm short of time so I will just post the booklet for now and for those that don't speak or can't read German I/We can do some translations as we go if needed until I get the chance to do a complete Translation
          Also sorry about the pictures as they are as big as I could get with the scanner then compressing them so I could upload.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Trance_Eyes; 11-07-2011, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Ok Guys,

To help those whom are keen I have made a Power Point Presentation where you can actually read the wording correctly, please download it Here

I have also scanned in the Booklet "Wie Komme Ich Zur Kriegsmarine" as well for reference, please download Here

Kindest Regards,

JustinC
                      Last edited by Trance_Eyes; 11-08-2011, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Justin thats a real knee buckler!!

Comment

Guys,
                          Here is a KM whistle which belongs to my brother. I've visited him last weekend in Świnoujście (Swinemunde) and took occasion to take a few pics.
                          Enjoy!
                          Cheers,
                          Hubert
                          Attached Files

Comment

More pictures, flash off and on, it is an unmarked variant.
                            Cheers,
                            Hubert
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Hubert, very nice indeed and apart from the stamp almost identical to my piece with the braided lanyard. Thanks for sharing mate. Keep it coming guys, the data base is looking great
                              And we now have a lot more info regarding than we did before!

Best wishes,
                              JustinC

Comment

Is there a way to differentiate the german bosuns whistles from an american when unmarked. I have about 3 or 4 american sterling versions,easily identified by sterling marks, and some plated others of unknown origin. Sailors did a lot of that kind of knot, and layard work...i had a japanese sword once that had the whole scabbard covered in fine knotwork....Like prison inmates today who knit for charity...swear to GOD...its true.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X