X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous tallies. John

Comment

Wow, what a special thread this is! Thanks for posting these fascinating items.

Best regards,
      —-Norm

Comment

Amazing. Quite the misprint "Paul Riedel" to allow to slip past.
        Thanks for sharing your incredible collection.

Best Regards,
        JustinG

Comment

Very nice and really interesting for sure!

Comment

My Scheer. Full length, my scanner makes it look like each end beyond the letters are cropped. They are not.
            Attached Files

Comment

Good morning Gents,

yes, this thread is taking a nice shape and by posting these I achieved what I tried: to make other collectors aware of this tiny nichè in collecting KM tallies.

By the way, my very very first sweetheart tally was the bleached Bruno Heinemann you can see in my last post. The tally was in a small but very very high spec KM collection in Germany which got dissolved around 2001 - the owner had identical ones of them: 1 was mint and this faded one I bought. In fact, I was one single day too late to get the mint one and I hated me for being late in this case!!!
              Here the photo of the other German collection I have been talking about. This collection belonged to an old Gentleman who died in 2010 and sold off his collection in 2007 to Weitze Militaria, Hamburg. As far as I know the white destroyers of his collection never came for sale officially at Weitze.

So let's recoup: the mint Heinemann I missed out on, the other two white destroyers from the old Gentleman and another white destroyer which came for auction at Hermann Historica around 2005 ... someone else seems to collect Sweetheart tallies ...

Rgds and have a nice Sunday

Daniel
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Marine HJ; 09-23-2018, 02:03 AM.

Comment

And another kind of triplet...

Is the one of the fairly rare "Steuermannschule" (quartermaster's school).
                The version with the 'round s' is against regulation, however at least one batch must have been made and also issued as the 'misprint' is popping up once in a while (this is the third example which I have encountered in 20 years of collecting tallies).

Rgds

Daniel
                Attached Files

Comment

It also demonstrates that the regulations might be written, but in practice, there were exceptions.

Don't you have a "joke" tally someplace, meaning a tally that did not correspond to any unit?

John

Comment

Amazing stuff gents, really amazing. Thank you for showing these.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X